"The Punisher" Kevin Calvaco

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

Probably Shelton and Haas. The WWE has nothing for these guys.
Heh, read my mind there exactly who the question was referring to (more of Shelton). Shelton's name has TNA written all over it if anyone is bound to and would make it better in TNA than they ever would in the WWE it's definitely Shelton Benjamin.

-Best ECW wrestler?
-Best WCW wrestler?
-Best TNA wrestler?

Soulpower

Cena has beaten a lot of great wrestlers... HHH, Edge, Angle, HBK and Benoit among others. But here's my question, and its a tough one.

Cena may be able to beat all these guys, but does he know why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Montana

what if vincs brought back wcw today do you think he could pull it off

Sure, why not. Smackdown is basically WcW. He'd need a few new guys, but nothing to worry about.

also with sacrifice beeing as good as it was do you see tna beeing here in 5 years competeing with vince the way wcw did in the 90's or would vince have bought the company by then

No no no, Sacrifice was good, but lets not go over board. Tna needs to start making a profit before they can be considered compettion. In Fact, ROH is really the one the wwe needs to look out for. Half of TNA's roster is from ROH. And a handful of them might be looking to head back to ROH. I think Tna might be in some serious financial problem soon too. But on the brightside... Slamiversary should be another real good ppv.

-Best ECW wrestler?

Im asuming you mean all time. As far as wrestling goes to has to be RVD for me. Always loved his work, hes getting a little up there now. It was great to see him win the championship, i felt he was one of greatest wrestlers to never win it. Too bad he screwed things up. (Taz and Sabu were real close, as they carried the company)

-Best WCW wrestler?

Jericho, when he left, i pretty much stopped watchin wcw, and knew they were headed for distaster. (Beniot and Mysterio were noteworthy too) Ric flair is the obvisous choice here, but its not the 1980s, so i went with jericho.

-Best TNA wrestler?

I would have said Samoa Joe, as i've been a fan of his for a while, but im starting to hate him like as bad as people hate Cena. Tna has no idea what to do iwth him too. My pick would be the lesser known Senshi. I like Robert Roode and Eric young, but in the senshi is great.

Cena may be able to beat all these guys, but does he know why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

Of course he does, hes a doctor of thuganomics, you know.

Great One

-Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair?
-Dynamite Kid or Chris Benoit?
-Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart?
-Triple H or Jeff Jarret?
-RVD or Rey Mysterio?
-Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho?

Montana

-

-Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair?

Its apples and oranges. I'd say Flair, but Hogan was the bigger draw.

-Dynamite Kid or Chris Benoit?

Beniot, from what i've seen on the Dynamite kid, hes a lil over rated.

-Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart?

HBK, more mic skills, better matches.

-Triple H or Jeff Jarret?

HHH

-RVD or Rey Mysterio?

RVD

-Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho?

I like Jericho. Angle was better on raw, and could have done better than jericho, if he stuck around and didnt get all loopy.

Mr. Mat

your thoughts on the screw job cause chris kanyon said in a interview that it was all planned

do you think a 2007 nwo would work

Montana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your thoughts on the screw job cause chris kanyon said in a interview that it was all planned

I thought the screwjob was great. One of the biggest moments in pro wrestling. I think it could have been planned, but i dont think we will ever know for sure.

do you think a 2007 nwo would work

It could if they really tried hard to push it. You gotta figure theres no 80's legends left to really put in it. You'd have to throw a bunch of new guys it in. So it wouldnt be the same, or on the level of the old nwo, but they could probably make a heel group to spread over three brands that could work.

In Fact before Rated RKO started, I thought Orton, Edge, Nitro Masters, striker and Dupree should have a multi brand heel faction. So i still think its agood idea, but it wont be easy to pull it off, and be sucessful.

Mr. Mat

what if paul heyman came back to ecw & vince let him do it his way do you think he would bring it back to where it once was

what did you think of the bash at the beach 1996 the way it was pulled off

what are your thoughts on the hogan/jarrett incerdent in wcw

Montana

what if paul heyman came back to ecw & vince let him do it his way do you think he would bring it back to where it once was

The odds of Heyman coming back AND gainnig full control are zero percent. I think if Heyman were in charge he would make it similar, but not the same as it was. It would be like the old ecw tv on tnn.

Keep in mind too, Paul heyman ecw assistant, is the #2 man in charge of ROH. I have a feeling the wwe would not want heyman as competition again.

what did you think of the bash at the beach 1996 the way it was pulled off

You knew Hogan was turning, but it was great. One of the greatest moments in wrestling history. i think a masked man would have been better, but its all good. The aftermath was sweet too. They could have dragged it out a bit too, but all in all great moment.

what are your thoughts on the hogan/jarrett incerdent in wcw

Lowest point in the history. It could have been staged but i didnt like. From a wwe fan standpoint it was great. Very Entertaining. Russo told the truth, but it should have been kept backstage.

Mr. Mat

there's alot of rumor's about the death od wcw like bischoff or russo killed it the nwo became too big for the company it self destructed

also what company do you think raven was best in because he's been in the big 3 company's

Great One

Running out of questions...

-Will Triple H get his 11th title reign after his return? If not, what will he do, instead?
-Will Shawn Michaels get one last run before he retires?
-Will Ric Flair get a 17th title reign before he retires?
-With the current roster, what is the #1 dream match/feud that has yet to happen?
-Will Triple H carry his respective brand again on his return, assuming Cena is taking a break?

Montana

there's alot of rumor's about the death od wcw like bischoff or russo killed it the nwo became too big for the company it self destructed

Is that a question? Why do i think WCW fell apart? Hmmm. All those reasons.

1) Over Paying talent : Huge roster with a lot of old high salary paychecks, in 96-97 i noticed they were paying out a lot of money, but they were making profit, so they spent more.

2) Turner/WCW ...too much politics with Turner/Hogan/Flair/ Russo/Bischoff. It was said be a horribily ran after the monday night wars got heated.

3) No young talent was pushed. They couldnt do anything with Chris Jericho and others.

4) Storylines got stale. Nwo, wolfpac, Lwo, the flock, it was messed up.

5) too focus on wwe, and ratings

Thats the main 5 reasons there. Too hard to put pick one, but i'd say they are in order of importance.

also what company do you think raven was best in because he's been in the big 3 company's

ECW. He sucked everywhere else. Well didnt live up to ecw's raven.

-Will Triple H get his 11th title reign after his return? If not, what will he do, instead?

I think so, its been a while since hes been champ, but he should putthe new talent now. He should just help out the younger guys. Start a feud with Kennedy. Move JBL to raw as GM, and have them begin a fued to end up with those two in a match. Lots of stuff for him to do other than be champ, again.

-Will Shawn Michaels get one last run before he retires?

I dont think so, but with injuries and whatnot you never know. He beat edge on monday. Still great in the ring. It would be a big win if he did win another belt.

-Will Ric Flair get a 17th title reign before he retires?

No, maybe US, IC, or Tag

-With the current roster, what is the #1 dream match/feud that has yet to happen?

Cena vs CM Punk at WM 25. Book it. I really think thats the one matchup the wwe can really turn into something special like Rock/Austin.

-Will Triple H carry his respective brand again on his return, assuming Cena is taking a break?

If by carry, you mean hog the spotlight than yes. Cena or not he will be a star Raw, SD or ECW.

What do you think WWE should do with ECW now that RVD and Sabu are both gone?

Well, tehy need to have rvd put punk over before he goes. I dont think anything huge needs to happen. I'd like to see a GM. (Heyman or Foley or Estrada) Bring in a couple new faces, and move on. They have to push Burke through the roof to become a credible heel. I'd like to see Colt Cabana + his own segment, i think that would work better than the expose. God its embarrassing watchin them dance.

Great One

-Overall thoughts on Triple H? Did he "hog" the title too much? Or did he do what was best for the company at the time? Do you like him? General opinions. On a side note, he's still 37 which is very, very young for him.
-Was the Jeff Jarret role on TNA an obvious rip off of Triple H's character, to sort of 'replace' him?
-What do you think will happen with Nitro... he's very talented, but it seriously is looking really bad for him due to the Melina event that occurred. He was recieving a big push and looking good, but now he's been lost in the shuffle and hopefully not on the verge of release. Thoughts?
-What do you think will happen with Orton?... Don't think I have to explain why.
-Do you think the Go2Sleep fits Punk? I mean it's doubtful he will be able to use it on a lot of guys due to the size difference of putting them on his back. My thought was to make it like Helm's Shining Wizard, that would fit Punk perfectly.
-Thoughts on Cena? Heel turn soon? Back to old gimmick and/or new gimmick? Where to from here and where after he drops the belt which he eventually will...

Montana

Overall thoughts on Triple H? Did he "hog" the title too much? Or did he do what was best for the company at the time? Do you like him? General opinions. On a side note, he's still 37 which is very, very young for him.

I was a big HHH fan, well the first time i seen HHH in WCW i knew he had what it took. Dont ask how i knew, i just thought he had the "look" Then moving on the wwf as the blue blood. I think the wwe knew he was official when they selected him to face teh warrior. They wanted to pick a young guy that could lose, but actually step his game up with a lose. Then moving on to HBK protege in DX.

No i do not think he hogged the title at all. 10 titles reigns seems liek a lot but it didnt feel like that many. You gotta figure he was the only major star from the attitude era to make it past wm 20+ and even after that hes been puttin over the young guys. So i think he's always done whats best for the company. I dont think Steph has had as much influence as people think. Its too bad for HHH, but i guess it comes with the terriority.

As far as him being 37, i wouldnt like to see wrestle too past 40. I mean at least not full time. Perhaps bring him back once a year for a special match. I also think he is a lil repetitve on teh mic, but hes a great all around talent.

-Was the Jeff Jarret role on TNA an obvious rip off of Triple H's character, to sort of 'replace' him?

No, Tna didnt have many credible champs when the first started. Jarrett had the name recogintion the others did not. This was also big in the 70s, putting the belt on someone you knew you could trust, that would not jump ship. Things just kinda look that way, but theres no rip off.

-What do you think will happen with Nitro... he's very talented, but it seriously is looking really bad for him due to the Melina event that occurred. He was recieving a big push and looking good, but now he's been lost in the shuffle and hopefully not on the verge of release. Thoughts?

I think Nitro is great, i think the wwe creative team sucks. Basically they have no clue what to do with him (i think) I think he may come back to beat Marella and stay in the rut for a while. They gotta turn him face and dump melina but they dont want him too. If he stays heel, they should bring back K fed and move him to SD to be a major heel. Main Event push.

-What do you think will happen with Orton?... Don't think I have to explain why.

Eventually he will get his act together. If not they will resign will with a special clause for him not to wrestle for competition.

-Do you think the Go2Sleep fits Punk? I mean it's doubtful he will be able to use it on a lot of guys due to the size difference of putting them on his back. My thought was to make it like Helm's Shining Wizard, that would fit Punk perfectly.

I like the GTS, if he does it better. I dont think him not being able to pick up a few guys is a big deal. Shining wizards is cool, but thats helms move. I think he should still do the avaconda vice. I like guys iwth a submisson and move finsher.

-Thoughts on Cena? Heel turn soon? Back to old gimmick and/or new gimmick? Where to from here and where after he drops the belt which he eventually will...

They should have moved him to SD. He should turn soon, we've been sayin this a while. Talks to a few raw guys going to SD, which means raw might get a few new ones in return. If so it will give Cena some new fueds. I dont mind him as champ, but he should go back to mroe of his old gimmick. At least the music, and a rap every month or so. The new one is too soft imo.

Word is theres a serious chance of Khali winning just to piss off the fans, only to have cena gain, and all is good. But past i dont think the wwe has anyplans yet. I think we will see Cena HBK III at a ppv. Hopefully at Summerslam, but it could be Great American Bash. With HHH returning i think its all up in the air as of now as far as after summerslam. SO basically Khali vs cena is just around to kill time.