The Official Royal Rumble Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
It was an above average ppv until the horribly redundant finish. Oh HHH and Cena squaring off again. What a joke!

jrock210

Reaction score
Why was Chavo in the Rumble?

So I just realized they had Chavo in the rumble but he holds a world title...
Can someone tell me why this happened?

Tripsy

Reaction score
The Rumble was exciting...until the end. When Cena's music hit, my dreams of a Cena-free WrestleMania came tumbling down. I don't dislike him as a person, but his character is so old. The white boy thug is old. The music is old. The same old moves are old. Since when do wrestlers make their return to the ring after injuries or after leaving (Jericho) and immediately get title shots? Whatever happened to setting up a story line where the guys have to work and work for the title shot and finally get it? At this point, I don't think anyone can say Triple H isn't putting guys over.

kingovkings

Reaction score
yup i agree with the trips putting ppl over yet again he put cena over. but storyline and feud for cena is already there with orton b4 he was injured it never got finished so cena and orton could easily pick up from b4 cena's injury.

Adampro123

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a logical reason why a great wrestler like shelton benjamin comes in and lights up the match and only gets 2 moves and then gets thrown out?

phantomgerald

because a spot monkey can only last that long before he gets boring.

Wooderz245

Reaction score
I died a little inside. 2 more years of "TEH CHAMP IS HERE!!!" *shudder*

Cena returns in 2 months from an injury that requires at least 4-6 to fully heal? I call bullshit, either he's not fully healed, or he's on something.

Dammit...

I don't think it's bullshit. Cena has been working his ass off to get back to RAW. He was ready but WWE wanted him to wait and do some more filming for the new WWE film.

It was scheduled to be Bobby Lashley making a surprise return at #30. But with Lashley leaving a few days before the Rumble, Cena said he was ready to return and he got the #30 position.

Conc3pt

Reaction score
Just goes to show you how much WWE even cares about the ECW championship. No one considers it a true world title (I don't at least).

Adampro123

Reaction score
because a spot monkey can only last that long before he gets boring.

if you honestly think all shelton benjamin is just a spot monkey then you are dead wrong. benjamin is a great wrestler and i guess just because WWE does not use him right and i guess you are blinded by that.

Slipknoted

Reaction score
I've just finished watching the rumble, and all i can say is that was a pleasant surprise. My heart sank when i saw 'Taker and HBK go over, knowing too well that HHH was yet to enter. HHH enters at 29 and i'm thinking, well it's probably going to be Big Show at #30 and HHH will win.

Never in my life have i been so excited to hear Cena's music hit.

No one saw that coming...

Good Rumble

Airfixx

Granted, it doesn't hold as much weight as the WWE or WHC belts, but why should this reflect on how much WWE value of the belt?

For kayfaybe purposes, as an ECW, IC, US or Tag title holder I think it's quite appropriate that you should be able to enter the rumble if you stand a chance of further climbing the ladder of success.

On the contrary, answer me this....

What does it say about an ECW champ if they 'chose' NOT to enter?

MC Rae

Reaction score
I didn't actually see the Rumble.

However, I'm shocked to hear Cena returned, much to my dismay to be honest. I was hoping and praying for a Cena-free Wrestlemania and as someone mentioned before that will be the end of Jeff Hardy's push. I'm not looking forward to another huge Cena title reign at all.

Just out of interest, what was the crowds reaction to Cena like?

Airfixx

His initial pop was loud, but when he was going toe-to-toe with HHH and you had the typical 'boo n cheer' from the crowd, Cena was being booed by the majority of the crowd.

When he won you could hear all the pre-pubescent girls' high pitched squeals.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Cena will be looking to capture some gold in the Sunshine State at WrestleMania XXIV … but which champion will he choose to face? Will he go after the WWE Championship – currently held by Randy Orton – and look to regain the title he never lost in the ring from a man who never beat him for it? Or will Cena look to conquer a different mountain and challenge an old foe, World Heavyweight Champion Edge, or a new kingpin, ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero, for a title he has never worn?
- WWE.com

yeah! How ironic?