The Official Royal Rumble Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

samborambo

Reaction score
Now with summerslam nearly gone and the Autumn months nearly upon us WWE's thought's and ours will start to turn to Wrestlemania.I have read in many of these threads people's predictions for the Title main events at WM. Who will face who and the storylines leading up to the event, But what no one (That i have seen anyway) has predicted is the winner of the rumble, Which we all know leads to a title shot at 'mania. Here are my contenders who I believe will be in the main event's at 'mania therefore must be in contention for winning the rumble.

UNDERTAKER= I feel will defiantly be in the main event at WM, But I can't see him winning the rumble two years in a row. Will he be holding the WHC at that time I don't think so either, So probably would be in a #1 contender match, Possibly with Batista/Khali.

BATISTA= I really can't see past a Taker v Edge main event for the WHC, Therefore I would be leaving him out of my reckoning for the rumble. I could see him entering the rumble as one of the early numbers and lasting till the end ( like Kane a few years back) as to still give him some credit. Or maybe a match with Edge for the title at rumble or Taker in a #1 contenders match.

KHALI= I can not see Khali main eventing a wrestlemania, So I believe he would not be the winner of the rumble. He could be in a match at the rumble but more than likely I see him as one of the last people to enter the rumble possibly even the last as to make him the favorite but still not winning it.

EDGE= Edge for me will defiantly be in the main event, Which makes him a good contender. Edge winning would give him another great push and would please the fans as well, But I Believe Edge will go into 'mania as Champ and will not even be in the rumble due to being champ already.

CENA= The Raw side of things are a little harder to predict. I can't see Cena lasting until 'mania as champ. He may even lose it at Summerslam. If he does lose at Summerslam, I can't see them putting the belt back on him before WM. Cena would be a leading contender to be main eventing 'Mania next year so therefore a rumble win for Cena would make perfect sense and is in my opinion the leading contender.

ORTON= Orton is also a contender to be in next years WM main event. But I believe he will get a title run, probably from Summerslam onwards until losing it in a feud with HHH before WM. As I believe HHH will be main eventing I don't think the HHH/Orton feud would last into the main event at 'Mania. I could see Orton facing HHH at the rumble in a match, But I can't see him winning the rumble and going on to main event 'Mania.

HBK= The Heartbreak Kid would love another main event at WM, Especially against HHH. This feud could work with a storyline of DX breaking up leading to 'Mania. HBK could be a surprise winner of rumble.

HHH= I can't see past HHH in the main event at 'mania which makes him a top contender for the rumble. But I believe he will go into 'Mania as champ after feuding with Orton. On the other side of things the rumble is one of the few things HHH is yet to accomplish in the WWE, Therefore he may enter 'Mania as rumble winner.

MR.KENNEDY= Has not yet received the push we all thought he would have on RAW. But is/was defiantly in WWE's plans for the main event at 'Mania otherwise they would not have him win the money in the bank at the last 'mania. Now I can't see him going into 'mania as champ so would be a viable contender to win the rumble.

These are the main contenders in my eyes for next years rumble. And I will stick my neck out and say that I think CENA will be the winner.
What does everyone else think?

Wordlife

good thread btw heres what i think

UNDERTAKER= I feel will be in the main event at WrestleMania, But I wont win the rumble two years in a row. Except a big fatal 4 way at WM24, maybe batista/edge/taker/khali for the title, and taker prolly wont win

BATISTA= I dont see him winning the rumble cause he's already won it, and needs a new chance at somethin else, his fueds with Khali suck, he wont win a title in like a while if the WWE continues to keep Khali as champ... again though, he's going to be included in WM24 Main Event for sure though.

KHALI= I can not see Khali being the winner of the rumble, if he's not still the champ by then. He could be in a match at the rumble but more than likely I see him as one of the last people to enter the rumble possibly even the last as to make him the favorite but still not winning it again... he doesnt have the caliber I guess, and everyone hates him, so he'd prolly still be champ by this time.

EDGE= Edge, imo, will definetly be in the main event at wrestlemania, Which makes him a good contender and a good chance to win the RR this year. Edge winning the rumble would give him another great push on Smackdown and would please the fans as well, as heel or face (hopefully face maybe idk, I like him either way) But I dont think Edge will go into wrestlemania as Champ and will probably be winning the rumble to set up that match.

CENA= I can't see Cena lasting until wrestlemania as wwe champ. He isnt going to lose it at Summerslam which is going to suck. If he does lose at Summerslam, I dont see them putting the belt back on him before WrestleMania. Cena would be a contender to be main eventing wrestlemania next year for the raw side but a rumble win for Cena would be ok, but I hope HHH or Orton is champ by RR or WM time.

ORTON= Orton is a contender to be in next years WM main event. He'll probably win the title off of Cena after Summerslam (cause I doubt he'll win, hopefully he does), feud with good ol HHH, lose to HHH, and make a triple threat match at WM... cena/HHH/orton for the title, most likely giving Cena the title or Orton.

HBK= The Heartbreak Kid should be in the title hunt again especially against HHH if he is the champ. This feud could work with a storyline of DX breaking up leading to wrestlemania. HBK could be a surprise winner of rumble, but I still have my $$$ on edge for that one.

HHH= I have high expectations for the WWE pushin HHH as champ for quite some time on Raw. A little 2-3 month feud with Orton, a 2-3 month feud with Kennedy and a 2-3 month feud with Cena would be pretty cool, and then leading him into WM24 champ.

Umaga= This guy, now becoming a face, most likely losing to Kennedy at Summerslam losing his IC title, would be great for Umaga... he should break from the IC title for a while, stay a face on Raw, and have a good run for the WWE Title.. i'd like him to win the title sometime, or jump ship to SD and feud with Khali, still being face... and a match between Umaga vs Batista would be pretty cool.

Overall, in my opinion, I could see Edge or Cena winning the Rumble, but my money is on Edge, and I hope this all goes how I planned it out to be.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
RR 2008 WINNER: MR KENNEDY,the rumors are that hhh vs mr kennedy and edge vs taker are the main event of wm24.

The Ripper

Reaction score
Edge to win royal rumble and go to wrestlemania challenging Undertaker for the title with a storyline of him vowing to win the title and end undertakers streak.

I cant see the rumble winner going after the wwe title, since WWE have so many good wrestlers on Raw and can build storyline up quickly

MikeRaw

whoever says Edge or Cena will win is on crack...Lol
The Rumble winner will be an up and comer...A guy like Cena or Edge doesnt need to win the rumble to get a title shot but a young guy would or someone instore for a push.
IDK thats just my opinion.Its either going to be a young guy or a old,old guy who needs to go out with glory...Maybe Flair?
That would be good.Anyways the rumble is cool so it should be good anyways,,,

Travis40

I see Kennedy winning the Royal Rumble even though Shane McMahon and Vince McMahon tries to stop him. He goes on to WrestleMania in the Main Event to face Triple H for the WWE Championship...Vince turns on HHH and sides with Kennedy and the McMahon/Helmsley Faction will be back again.

Dairydude

Reaction score
I want it to unexpected, whoever that makes win the rumble I'm cool

I can't remember the last rumble where we haven't been able to call the winner before it starts, which bores the crap out of me

Fuck it, I choose KANE to win it, just because I'm a Kane mark

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Cool thread. I think this Royal Rumble should be pretty good.
It seems like its going to be star-stacked, I mean with most of the pushes some superstars have been getting this year(Morrison,Punk,Khali,BigDaddyV,etc.),along with returning superstars(HBK,HHH,&Y2J) ,and guys who are pretty popular(Mr.Kennedy,MVP,HardyBoyz,ReyMysterio,etc.), I think this one's gonna be pretty interesting.

Now with my ROYAL RUMBLE winner picks:

Mr.Kennedy: He is like Stone Cold Steve Austin in '97, were they both won no.1 contendership(Rumble/MitB) to the WWE Championship, but didn't get the belt cause of fucking canadians(bret&Edge), so they should be given a huge push that they were promised, but never gotten yet and what better place to get a push then the ROYAL RUMBLE match.

Montel Vontavious Porter: He is the current WWE Tag Team Champion, the reigning United States Champion, could the Rumble be his Cadilliac to the WorldHeavyWeight championship? I don't know, it depends on whoevers a world champion by then, I think if he were to win it, then he'd challenge for the ECW Championship.

Matt Hardy: Should win it, but won't.
Jeff Hardy: Would be interesting, but I would probably think 'someone botched the ending of the match, so thats why jeff won would' be the only thing running through my mind.

Chris Jericho: Could his big return lead to a Main Event at WrestleMania?.....I think it might depending on wether or not the Mark-Fanbase remembers him enough for WWE to put faith in him to ride the momentum into Mania.

Bobby Lashley: The Black version of KurtAngle,BrockLesnar,&Goldberg could be back by time for the Rumble and get back to his super human over push in the company.

Anyone else: .........I don't know, I think Orton Might take on Triple H in a WWE championship match during the ppv, and I think someone from RAW will win this Rumble, leaving Edge & Undertaker to have some type of other storyline heading into Wrestlemania.

xtremebadass

It's definitely between HHH and Orton. Bottom line, I am definitely leaning towards Triple H. Jericho is also a candidate, but I don't think he'll headline Mania, but he will main event before that, so he'll ME the Rumble for sure. Game for the win.

NYKings

Reaction score
^^Who's in the ME if HHH and Orton are in the rumble?

xtremebadass

HBK and Y2J, that's just what I want, what I want and what actually happens are 2 different things.

NYKings

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing that. Actually it'd be pretty damn cool but who'd be heel and if they're in the ME it's for the title i assume? Meaning Orton or HHH would take the title away from them at WM? It's just not possible to me.

Y2J winning the rumble and winning at Mania is sort of possible

Travis40

^I doubt that...if anything Kennedy needs to get buried after the shit he pulled on McMahon w/ the steriods and shit, turns out, he lied to everyone, he lied to McMahon and he made WWE look bad in front of millions of people. But I'm actually picking HBK to win the Rumble this year, switch brands and face Undertaker for the World Title...but Taker will hold the title.

kingovkings

Reaction score
im gunna say y2j to win i dont think trips will win RR because i think it will b a triple threat at mania for title. Because i think the orton/Y2J fued is gonna build up and gain more momentum over the months till mania. i cant see them putting title on Y2J within the 1st few weeks or month of his return. so what i think is gunna happen is y2j will chase orton for title and it will be back and forth with wins for each of them but no wins for y2j on a title match. So he wins RR to face orton at mainevent at mainia. By then HHH will have made his slow turn back to heel and want the title REAL bad so will involve himself in the feud with Y2J and orton causeing allsorts of hassle for orton/Y2J just b4 mania. so vince or regal will make it a triple threat for title between orton/Y2J/HHH. Thats my opinion anyway