• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

kingovkings

Reaction score
i was surprised on raw this week with the regal's announcment bout winner of hardy vs HHH getting a title shot. at royal rumble but Ive got mixed feelings on the out come of that match i think hardy may win and get title match but lose it but will gain from the push. but also HHH could win and same thing he loses his title match to set up an orton/Y2J/HHH story line. something is in the pipeline for HHH because he has faded into the back ground as of recent weeks plus there is heel change coming from him. so i think that will leave y2j to win the royal rumble

Wooderz245

Reaction score
I think the Royal Rumble winner will be Ric Flair. Mr McMahon spelt it out very clearly, next time Flair loses a match, last time i checked the Royal Rumble is a match, his career is over. They won't end Flair's career by having him thrown over the top rope.

Airfixx

Seems to me like the next 4 or 5 months or so could revolve around the outcome of the HHH & Hardy match at Armageddon...

Hardy getting that title shot would mix things up nicely. As long as he doesn't win the title at the Rumble (rather unlikely) the they should have a suitable canvas with which the paint an interesting WWE championship picture over the coming months.

Jericho & HHH final two, ending in some kinda controversy (Naughty behaviour from heel HHH pressumably) to set up for a 3-way @ WM perhaps? ...Or even in time for No Way Out followed by a 1-on-1 @ WM?

vickymania

Reaction score
WWE has just announced Randy Orton Vs Jeff Hardy for the WWE championship at the Royal Rumble..So much for Jericho's Return and "Save Us" storyline..

And By The Way,Royal Rumble championship match looks familiar to me..don't get what am saying?? read on..

Here r some of the matches held at earlier Royal Rumble's..

Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy (not such a big star)
John Cena vs. Umaga (not such a big star)
Brock Lesnar vs. Hardcore Holly (not such a big star)

And now...

Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy (not such a big star)

Man did I see this coming from a mile away. Another title match at the Royal Rumble featuring a challenger who isn't a consistent (sp?) main eventer. It may be a good match but I'm just saying Jeff Hardy isn't exactly the biggest of stars. I guess it saves Triple H for the Rumble though. I do have to give Triple H props for allowing himself to get beat clean in the middle of the ring by Jeff, though.

CT Styles

^^ Its 11 times the king now (your signature) he won it again at No Mercy but lost it during the night to Orton

anyway..
I want Mr. Kennedy or John Morrison to win HBK is my favorite Wrestler but he isnt going to win anymore titles and the last 3 or so winners of the RR have gone on to win the title, Mysterio, Batista, Undertaker so thats why I pick Kennedyor Morrison.

MTG

Reaction score
One thing i could see happeneing for sure is it comes down to jericho and some other superstar and as Y2J is about to win, jbl runs to the ring and eliminates jericho which leads to a match at WM

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I was watching the Umaga vs Ric Flair match up and I was thinking that Ric Flair could win the rumble just to further the win or retire storyline and challenging the ECW world champion and winning it a WM. This would also give Flair a last title reign as well as bring some prestige back to the title

Airfixx

I think the Royal Rumble winner will be Ric Flair. Mr McMahon spelt it out very clearly, next time Flair loses a match, last time i checked the Royal Rumble is a match, his career is over. They won't end Flair's career by having him thrown over the top rope.

On more than one occasion it's been specifically stated that the Flair/win or retire business is "singles competition" only.

Soulpower

My money's on the H to win the Royal Rumble.. You know, because that young guy is tha future of the business.

And he let Jeff Hardy get the win at Armageddon. Now, instead of HHH being in a title match at the Rumble, he can win the RR and headline Wrestlemania.

shefflad

Reaction score
here are my predications for the rumble
raw either hhh or flair
smackdown either taker or mvp
i think smackdown will do the chamber at no way out with taker winning chamber, and beating edge at maina wat do people think msg bk

shefflad

Reaction score
raw either hhh or flair
i think smackdown will do the chamber at no way out with taker winning chamber, and beating edge at maina wat do people think msg bk

shefflad

Reaction score
raw either hhh or flair

beserker300

Reaction score
The Undertaker is gunna win the Royal Rumble. Im 99% sure of that. Its obviously gunna lead to Edge vs Taker at Mania and with the Elimination chamber match at No Way Out, Raw has enough star power to headline that, whereas Smackdown doesnt.

So in closing, Taker will win the Rumble that leads to Edge vs Taker at Mania and a Raw superstar (probably Triple H) will win the Elimination chamber match at No Way Out to get a title shot against Orton at Mania

beserker300

Reaction score
The Undertaker is gunna win the Royal Rumble. Im 99% sure of that. Its obviously gunna lead to Edge vs Taker at Mania and with the Elimination chamber match at No Way Out, Raw has enough star power to headline that, whereas Smackdown doesnt.

So in closing, Taker will win the Rumble that leads to Edge vs Taker at Mania and a Raw superstar (probably Triple H) will win the Elimination chamber match at No Way Out to get a title shot against Orton at Mania

beserker300

Reaction score

And one more thing. They put Jeff Hardy in the main event to test him as a main event star, just like Kennedy last year and Benoit in 2003. IMO that match got Benoit to headline WMXX. And its safe to test someone thats bordering on main event at the Rumble because its de facto not the "true" main event so even if Jeff does bomb, it doesnt matter that much