• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Official Royal Rumble Thread

csi24/3:16

The PPV replay just ended and Cena was pointing to his right arm giving an a-okay sign. Hopefully he's not rushed because another injury to his pectoral muscle would be devastating

HHHforever

Orton should have lost it. I don't want to see Orton vs Cena headlining WM. If Hardy wins and turns heel, it'll make for a more interesting and unpredictable storyline. And what's with all the clean wins? Flair, Edge and Orton winning cleanly. One's the dirtiest player in the game and the other two is the biggest heels in the company and they all execute their finishers to win? Damn, it really hurts the credibility of Rey, MVP and Hardy.

Hahaha, I'm sorry I'm not really laughing at you, it's just hilarious that after pretty much every PPV everyone complains that they have wayyy to many DQ's and no clean finishes, I'm not saying that you say that I just always here it, and now everything ends clean and people complain. However I do agree to an extent that Flair shouldn't have won clean, but I was very, very happy to see Orton finally get a clean pin.

Kendrick,
It's not that I think Kennedy can only get pushed if he's McMahon's son, actually in the long run I think it might hurt him, it's just that I really, really, really don't want Hornswaggle on tv anymore. I'm sooooooo tired of this. I hated it from the beginning and I hate it now, it needs to die and soon.

Ed_cena

john cena win, damn!! thanks god., best rumble ever, except for the mvp vs flair match that shit was boring.

I died a little inside. 2 more years of "TEH CHAMP IS HERE!!!" *shudder*

Cena returns in 2 months from an injury that requires at least 4-6 to fully heal? I call bullshit, either he's not fully healed, or he's on something.

Dammit...

csi24/3:16

^I'm sure others will say it, but maybe they were putting that 4-6 month thing out there to surprise us. I don't like it either, I seriously thought HHH was going to win it

^^I would take HHH over Cena, but, really, bitching is not going to do anything. A torn Pectoralis Major takes at least 4-6 months, no matter what. Theres something funny going on. Wonder if the E even tests Cena.

kingovkings

That was a wicked ppv i though all the matches were good even mvp/flair not sure about the clean win for flair tho but they you go.

The rumble whooooooo that was mint im not a big cena fan hell im not even a little bit ov a cena fan but i was pumped when his music hit not for the fact that it was him but for the pure shockvalue of it. I love it when they hit you with a massive surprises and shocks it kinda rare now with spoilers an shit but it was well gud. i cant understand why every1 is moaning its was a great ppv. im gutted trips didnt win it. But i still dnt think that cena is getting the title back any time soon n orton retains at mania.

Roxxi--- Does that mean trips will be getting a break from your bashing for awhile now you have fresh meat in the shape of cena to bitch about ?

Montana

Im not sure if i would say this was the best rumble ever, BUT this was a VERY well booked RUmble. Why is that, Because it was exciting start to finish. THe start with Taker and HBK was classic, then through Batista in there. Then typical rumble stuff, but it got to the point where you were awaiting HHH, and EVERYONE said he was going to win. No one else was left to actually win it. Then Cena returns, and the rest writes itself. Good stuff

As far as the rest of the show goes....

Orton/Hardy could have been epic. Hardy should have went down with some fighting spirit. He got made to look like a punk. They have had him either blow a big risk, or take a load of punishment. Plus i dont think Hardy was even close to beating orton at any point. The wwe could have really kept the fans on their feet in this one.

Edge vs Rey, This looked good.

CenaMark54

^^^I agree with your comments on Orton/Hardy, although I think we all knew from the beginning that Orton would win and win clean.

Lets face it, they just threw Hardy in to make Orton look strong with a clean win over an over face heading into Mania.

Prime Time

I thought it was a great PPV, matches were good and with all the names that were in the rumble itself just made it that much better. I think the shock value with Cena returning was a solid move (although I'm questioning how serious his injury was)

btw: that NYC/MSG crowd was awesome! the way they get so into it is amazing to see, I wish all the live crowds were like that. Edge got the biggest pop that's for sure. Glad I ordered it, money well spent.

Airfixx

rmember 01 when kane destryed everyone using weapons

Didn't they have Cactus & Funk have a brief bit of hardcore action in '98 too?

My verdict:

Really enjoyed the PPV as a whole. No point in picking the rumble apart too meticulously, but thought it was pretty decent (especially the first half). As time went on it was kinda obvious there was gonna be a big impact from a late suprise entrant as so many of the big stars and face-offs happened so early. Left wondering "nah, they wouldn't, would they???" with regards to a Cena return (due to it defo not being Show or Lashley).

As someone else has already stated, Cena'd best be fully recovered cos it'll suck BIG TIME if he rushes back, WWE change title scene plans to revolve around him only for him to have to take more time out a month or two later leaving WWE to have to trash their plans again for the 2nd time since October. Why WWE couldn't see things were looking up already and resist the tempation of returning him so 'heavily', safe in the knowledge that if HHH, Y2J & Jeff can't keep Orton busy then they've got their money man waiting in the wings to clean up the 'mess'.

Whatever happens we're defo not gonna get a fresh match-up for WM ME now.

Also: I bet Tommy Dreamer was chuffed with his pop (even if not the booking).

Other matches:

Flair V MVP... Did what was expected, but decent enough. Shame that it had to be a one match affair - I think theres mileage in this fued cos of the similarities of their characters (see Flair: "You remind me a lot of me").

Y2J V JBL... Awesome facial expressions from JBL!!! LOL Match was typical grudge match style, yet still hit the spot. Guess we'll be seeing more of this fued cos having Y2J DQd for using a chair outside is totally inconclusive (and why I'm guessing this match wasn't booked as a street fight or no DQ to begin with).

Rey V Edge... Enjoyed this match a lot. Cool ending with Vicki taking the 619 to save Edge. Think they shoulda done something to somehow force a rematch for NWO.

Jeff V Orton... Still wasn't ever truly convinced that Jeff was likely to win (although that's partially due to an inverted impression drawn from his beeing booked so strongly on the run-up to this match), but thought they put on a great match and a strong win for Orton was more than due (What an RKO!!!). Poor Jeff tho'... With Cena back it's heel turn or back to the mid-card for him for another year.... Or maybe a MITB win and a title shot in the last third of the year if he's daaaamn lucky (assuming there'll even be a heel champ for him to face during any of '08).

Re MSG: History aside, It may be a great place to be at, but it's shit to watch from home. The entrances are shit - The competitors reach the ring too quickly, leaving them unable to do their full entrance routine (See MVP), theres no room for pyro/production (The pyro for Edge in particularl was utterly tragic) and unless they are particularly hyped at the time you can't hear the crowd. When they popped though.... "YOW!"

Funny hearing Edge getting all the cheers against Rey..