The Official Royal Rumble Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

The only logical kayfabe reason I can think of would be that he qualified for the rumble before he won the title, so he keeps his spot.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Finlay getting DQed from the Rumble.

I didn't buy RR, so I don't know. What was Vince's kayfabe justification to disqualifying Finlay for using a shilelieh (SP). Last I checked, there were no disqualifications in the Rumble.

The Rated R CMStar

Well, Finlay came out without any buzzer, without any countdown, so one would assume that he was DQ for coming out before it was his time to do so.

dstebbins

Reaction score
It says here that Finlay was, and I quote, "disqualified for shillelagh use." It says so right under his entry number.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Yea that's how they're justifying it so I don't really understand that. I figured he was DQ'd for coming out early, but w/e wasn't like he was going win.

-TJ-

Austin used a chair and won a RR. Finaly uses a stick and has to leave??????????

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Hell, they didn't even have a a countdown for him. I didn't even think he was an entrant. And why did they consider John Cena the winner when Hornswoggle was never eliminated. I think it was the 99 Royal Rumble that the winner spent almost the entire match outside of the ring.

Wordlife

yeah I truly feel that that was a very misjudged call. Finlay got robbed, even though his chances were sorta slim, and I knew Cena would win when he came out, just cause its Cena. But still, thats bullshit, and everyone knows it. If Austin could win with weapons (or even get DQed), then why not Finlay?

The A-man

Reaction score
I would imagine that even in a hectic match such as a Royal Rumble would have to have some rules to keep things going smoothly.

Finlay entered the Rumble match before he was supposed to, knocked down Big Daddy V and Mark Henry with his shillelagh and left with Hornswoggle. WWE considered this being disqualified from the match. I would say this does make for a great reason to DQ Finlay from the match.

Point is you don't carry weapons into the ring or enter the ring ahead of time in a Rumble. Plain and simple.

The Rated R CMStar

Hey, that makes sense. Remember that in the 2007 Royal Rumble Finlay was forbidden from entering the ring with the shillelagh, however the referees didn't even move when Ric Flair grabbed the chairs, so I guess you can't come to the ring already carrying a weapon

Wordlife

^yeah that makes some sense, but still. Either way, it shouldnt really be too big of a deal, and what A-Man said, it does make sense