The Official Royal Rumble Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

ok, screw cena for now, im putting money on matt hardy to win the rumble match....

still believe that cena making a super comeback, entering number 30 and winning would make a bigger impact though.

MTG

Reaction score
anyone notice that RR championship matches usually have a high midcarder in it, this year jeff hardy, last year mr kennedy and umaga, a couple years ago hardcore holly, whats with the pattern?

SuckIt

Reaction score
^^Yeah ive noticed that too, and even in 2003 Scott Steiner is hardly main event magic is he.

By the way since the brand split have ya noticd that the RR has been won by a Smackdown superstar everytime except 2005?

I know in 2004 Benoit went to RAW but he was on Smackdown when he won the RR.

Should a RAW guy win it for a change?

Ed_cena

Reaction score
well hhh isnt in the rr match this year, so this is clearly taker wins that sh..

vickymania

Reaction score
well,its pretty sure that Taker will have title match at WM24 cause there's no one else if and only if Batista moves to RAW..

the dark knight

^^Yeah ive noticed that too, and even in 2003 Scott Steiner is hardly main event magic is he.

By the way since the brand split have ya noticd that the RR has been won by a Smackdown superstar everytime except 2005?

I know in 2004 Benoit went to RAW but he was on Smackdown when he won the RR.

Should a RAW guy win it for a change?
better not this year to be honest, unless its cena.

SD superstars win cuz smackdown's job is build up main eventers for raw..

CT Styles

Undertaker will win and face Edge at Rumble because Edge will defend against Rey and it will be a streak vs streak match.

Triple H will win the Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out and face Orton for the title at Wrestlemania.

So, Wrestlemania 24 ME's

WWE Championship

Randy Orton vs Triple H

World Heavyweight Championship

Edge vs Undertaker

vickymania

Reaction score
Source : WrestleAttitude.com

- Below is the updated card for WWE’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view this month:

WWE Title Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Title Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Edge

Chris Jericho vs. JBL

Royal Rumble Match
Winner receives a Title shot of his choice at WrestleMania 24. Confirmed names so far as a result of Royal Rumble qualifying matches: Umaga, Snitsky, Hardcore Holly, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, John Morrison and The Miz

Surprise surprise..Morrison and Miz still feature in the RR even after losing their qualifying match against Moore and Yang

CenaMark54

I wonder where HHH will be. He basically has to be in the Rumble. Outside Taker, HBK, and Batista there is no star power.

Soulpower

My guess is HHH faces Regal with a stipulation that if HHH wins the match, he's in the Rumble.

jrock210

Reaction score
I hope your right soulpower. I was hoping they would somehow work it where Y2J and JBL are in the RR match

The Rated R CMStar

Right now we have:
Snitsky
Umaga
Hardcore Holly
The Miz
John Morrison
Shanon Moore
Jimmy Wang Yang

On the Rumble, still no Rumble contenders qualified

The Rated R CMStar

You can add Mick Foley and Hornswoggle to that.

Honswoggle? Why lord why? Now the rumble is just 29 man competing.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Hornswoggle will probably win the rumble if WWE want him too