The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Both shows are highly regarded by countless people as the best shows ever, you're not gonna be able to convince the other either way so let's just be happy that we have had the chance to watch both of these incredible shows and hope that they are setting a standard for shows to come.

Reactions: Testify

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
SUltJgn.jpg

Go rate raws 9 or 10/10 bro.

Holy fuck. I nearly drowned in the irony.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Oh I do disagree, especially because life has no happy endings. What did everyone expect in Seinfeld ending? Elaine & Jerry married? George working? Kramer the millioner? There's no happy endings in life. It's just death in the end. Happy endings are load of crap and a fairytell, regardless of it being the TV show.

Look, you like closures. That's fine. I like them too. Breaking Bad gave you closure. But it was cliche. Tell me it wasn't? It was a very good cliche, but it's still a cliche.

Sopranos also gave you the closure which was hinted through every episode in Season 6, and was executed perfectly in the end. It's something diferrent, and when you really sink your teeth in to details, you get to know the brilliancy of it.

I'll always defend Sopranos as a whole, but also I'll always praise the ending, because it is a closure to a fantastic story. People like being given things on a platter. Well, tough shit. You were given a closure in Sopranos, it's your bad you don't follow details.

So, we seem to have reached a dead end here. You wanna convince me to whatever it is you wanna convince me (or someone else here who is a sheep, he knows who he is), and I wanna convince you to something else, but we can't reach an "agreement". Maybe some other time.

SUltJgn.jpg

Go rate raws 9 or 10/10 bro.
Kramer should've taken over Leno as the host of Late Night. George should've become an architect, and Jerry should've murdered Elaine and then killed himself. A perfect happy/sad ending! :happy:

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Nearly cried when Walter died,he has to be one of my all time favorite TV characters,along with Jesse ofc. Now I want to get the collector's barrel with all the seasons in it. It'd be kinda pointless but I really want that barrel.:gusta:

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
In some disgusting, sick way, that was a happy ending. Over the moon that Walt is dead, that bitch deserved to die a thousand times, but I still look at him as one of the best TV characters of all time.

I'm just happy that Jesse got away. So, I've finished BB, finished my second run through of The Shield, what the fuck do I watch now? Guess I'm watching The Wire then.

I'd recommend that when you do, don't expect it to be as fast paced as The Shield or even Breaking Bad. It's a show that takes it's sweet time establishing characters (and there's a whole lot of 'em) and it's plot. The pacing can be a bit of a turn off for many, but if you make it to episode three or so, I think that's when your interest will start to really pick up (if it hasn't already by then.) That was the case for me.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
d6cc28737f8f1f8958aaea285b99358e.jpg

These are so damn funny lmao

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
  • Gilligan was originally going to have Skyler kill herself. She was going to slit her wrists in a bathtub. The other writers tried to talk him out of it, arguing that it was too dark, and Gilligan finally decided it was “a bridge too far.”

• When the last season premiered, they still didn’t know what Walt was going to do with the M-60. They didn’t even have Jack and his neo-Nazis yet.

• They didn’t know yet what the ricin was for, either.

• They talked about having Walt get away, get a new job and even get a new wife. In writers’ earlier brainstorming sessions, there was even going to be a scene of Walt cooking peanut brittle.

• The last episode is titled “Felina” because it’s an anagram for finale and because of the character of that name in Marty Robbins’ El Paso. Gilligan mentions nothing about the popular theory that it corresponds to Fe (iron, for blood), Li (lithium, for meth) and Na (for sodium, or tears), so that may have just been a coincidence.

• A dying boy’s wish may have prompted Gilligan to change the ending. When Gilligan visited 16-year-old cancer patient Kevin Cordasco, Cordasco said he wanted to know more about Gretchen and Elliot. This in turn helped Gilligan think of bringing back the Grey Matter couple for the finale, though Cordasco never saw the episode. (He died in March.)

• That gun turret really worked. In the script, Walt built the sentry gun’s base with a windshield-wiper motor, but the on-set special effects crew pointed out that the motor was likely to be too weak. Instead, they suggested a garage-door motor. “That thing is really as it appears to be,” Gilligan says, pointing out that it runs on just a 12-volt battery.

• When Walt says “I did it for me,” Gilligan says he means it. Gilligan says he always knew that Walt was doing everything for himself, but as a viewer, he says he needed to hear him say it.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I heard those on the podcast for the final episode. They also stated somewhere that Jesse was originally gonna burn the house down when he was pouring gasoline in it but they couldn't do it given that the ricin was hidden behind the outlet on the wall and they wanted the ricin to be used somewhere in the final eight.

I can easily imagine that Skyler suicide scene happening. I picture them as the motel (just as Gilligan described it) and Walt telling Skyler that everything will be alright while she has this zoned out look on her face, obviously in shock that this whole thing has led to Hank being murdered and her being asked to flee with a new identity. She then gets up and simply says that she's gonna take a bath in an almost lifeless voice tone. Then later, Walt finds her in the bath tub dead. The result is Walt Jr. (who is already pissed and in shock upon learning of who his father really is and only reluctantly going along with having to go on the run) calls the police and tells them about Walt since he says it's his fault for his mother killing herself. Walt grabs his shit and has to flee all on his own. I actually wouldn't have minded this and don't think it was "too dark."

They also said they considered Walt using the M60 to shoot up a police station. There was another scene they had in mind where Walt was carrying dead Holly in a briefcase.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
A damn interesting theory for the finale, and EVERYONE should read it, as it makes a perfect sense. I know the Hollywood-tastic (yeah, it was a bit) finale irked me, but know I may know why.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/10/norm-mcdonald-breaking-bad/

Thoughts? And can someone explain me how did Walt exactly put ricin into stevia? I didn't see any holes on the stevia or similar.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Nice idea from the guy, but I agree with the commenters who are saying Jesse is the biggest flaw in that theory. Walt may have known Jesse was alive, but he had way of knowing that Jesse was being held captive. Also, I agree with another commenter in that if they had gone down this route, they should have made the mist come out of his mouth for his last breath.

As for the Stevia, I have no idea. Carefully open then reglue the top? I have no clue honestly. But if the guy can build a fully automatic M60 and kill a bunch of Nazis with it, I imagine he can do the Stevia thing somehow.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yo guys, we got a new spin-off to Breaking Bad.
No, not Better Call Saul.
Heatin' Meat with Skinny Pete. :dawg:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Meet Walter Blanco​
ac6026d8e52b265a7d38955fad6eedc1.jpg

It's for the Spanish version of Breaking Bad.

IMAGEN-10221064-2.png

Jesse Pinkman aka Jose Miguel Rosas.