The Breaking Bad Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I've seen it already. I heard this was on the Blu Ray DVD set of Breaking Bad.

That's not the full video btw. It's this.

Wow. Shield reference and stuff.

I was kind of hoping for a serious alternate ending but the real ending was great enough and how much difference would only a few minutes make anyway. I still found this humorous (it somewhat reminds me of something a person on another message board said about what if the entire series was a long dream Walt had while in a coma after passing out at the car wash in the Pilot.) I love how his tone here changes into the old Heisenberg voice.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
That was awesome, loving The Shield reference also although it just makes me more depressed that I'll never see a new episode of either if them shows again.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
This thread made me miss two shows :(

P.S @Robbie Coletrain how far are you through The Wire? I've watched 8 eps and I still trust that it will get awesome, but it has been a pretty slow start. I like the message the show conveys (at least in my mind) that drug dealers are similar to police in a way, they're both stuck in an endless shitty cycle which they can't get out of. Plus the acting is awesome (Idris Elba <333).

At some point soon I'll rewatch and give my thoughts on The Shield finale and reply to KL and MR's posts on BB, but I really don't have the time atm. I can't remember the last time it took me til 9 on a Tuesday night to watch Raw :(

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
This thread made me miss two shows :(

P.S @Robbie Coletrain how far are you through The Wire? I've watched 8 eps and I still trust that it will get awesome, but it has been a pretty slow start. I like the message the show conveys (at least in my mind) that drug dealers are similar to police in a way, they're both stuck in an endless shitty cycle which they can't get out of. Plus the acting is awesome (Idris Elba <333).

At some point soon I'll rewatch and give my thoughts on The Shield finale and reply to KL and MR's posts on BB, but I really don't have the time atm. I can't remember the last time it took me til 9 on a Tuesday night to watch Raw :(
It's weird tbh, at least so far for me it's still just as slow, I think that's just the nature of the show, maybe I like it because of it's realism and because I'm ridiculously interested in Police profiling and just Police work in general so maybe that is why it appeals to me, so possibly if you aren't already you might not get into it. Although I'm not sure if I'm the best person to answer that as I'm only two episodes into season 2 so can't judge the series as a whole so I'm not too sure.

Also you've just made me want to go watch The Shield's finale again, which I'm about to do, I just think it's a perfect ending tbh. I have huge mixed feelings on BB's though, in one sense, it was great, everything was concluded, almost every character got a definitive ending so that was nice, but on the other hand I still just don't think Walt got what he deserved for it all, the ultimate form of suffering is losing everything you ever cared for not death imo. Maybe I just think this though as I've been comparing it to The Shield ever since i started watching it which is admittedly unfair to both shows as they try to portray different ideas so maybe when I watch it all through again I'll treat it differently.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Finally they mention something about the last episode that I was wondering about. (You guys probably did too)
We’d like to think Jesse Pinkman is hanging out in some dive bar in Anchorage enjoying his new life, but if you look at Breaking Bad‘s finale honestly and realistically … creator Vince Gilligan notes that probably didn’t actually happen.

“My personal feeling is that he got away,” Gilligan said to GQ magazine, echoing what he told us previously. But then Gilligan had to add: “But the most likely thing, as negative as this sounds, is that they’re going to find this kid’s fingerprints all over this lab and they’re going to find him within a day or a week or a month. And he’s still going to be on the hook for the murder of two federal agents.”

Fingerprints in the lab! Of course … Pinkman should have torched the lab before he rage-crashed out the gate. But you can hardly blame the guy for not wanting to spend another second in that compound where he worked as a meth-slave. Aw, what a bummer coda….
Gilligan tried to reassure: “But yeah, even though that’s the most likely outcome, the way I see it is that he got away and got to Alaska, changed his name, and had a new life. You want that for the kid. He deserves it.”

Thanks, but we’re now picturing Pinkman being pulled over and arrested in Utah, getting dragged back to New Mexico and serving a life sentence after Skyler happily testifies against him.
In another tidbit from the interview, Gilligan gave a rather humble answer when asked what was the secret to Breaking Bad‘s success:

“Have you ever been sitting at your desk and you crumple up a piece of paper and, without even looking, you just toss it over your shoulder and it goes straight into the wastebasket? You didn’t think about it. You didn’t stress about it. You just did it. And now that you’re thinking about it, you could never do it again in a million years, no matter how hard you tried. That’s what this was like. We worked our butts off, but everybody works their butts off in TV. We tried to make the best show it was humanly possible to make, but you know, the guys on According to Jim did the same thing. As to why this thing hit…I could make up some stream of nonsense, but honestly…I wish I could explain it, because then I might have a fighting chance on TV in the future. The truth is, I just have to be satisfied that it happened at all.”

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't think it's possible to view the show realistically like that. So many far fetched things happen throughout. I mean, yeah obviously his fingerprint were all over the place. I agree with what he's saying, but in order for me to think of it like that, i'd have to think of every single scene like that, and that takes away from it imo.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Since we didn't see it, we can just interpret the best outcome imo. So it's a win win situation. If you wanted Jesse caught, then that's your choice, but other people who didn't can just predict that it didn't happen.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I'm pretty optimistic about Jesse's future for a few reasons. Firstly, it would be easy to prove that Jesse was held hostage and forced to cook meth against his will. Secondly, Marie probably told the feds herself (no reason why she wouldn't) that Jesse was working with Hank and Gomez prior to their (and Jesse's) disappearance. If there's any chance that Jesse's confession tape is still there at the compound, then that will only be further proof of Jesse working with the feds to bring down Walt in exchange for immunity (Hank's voice is on the tape, too.) Thirdly, even if you factor in Jesse's prints on the gun, he could simply tell them the truth, which is that Walt slid the gun over to him and asked him to shoot him. Not sure the Feds would buy into that, but Walt's prints would still be on the gun too, which would help support the story. Any good lawyer could also argue that Todd's strangulation was self-defense in the midst of a violent struggle. It would be pretty hard to tell what exactly went on inside the Nazi clubhouse before and after all those M60 rounds blasted through the wall, anyway.

And lastly, what if Jesse somehow overheard the Nazis mention where they hid the money (nothing says it has to be kept at the compound)? If they buried it out in the desert somewhere themselves, then it's possible they may have even forced Jesse to do the digging just to go extra hard on him. If that's the case, then Jesse would know where they keep the dough and he could go retrieve at least some of it to escape and leave the country with.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
e7d6bbb811c078404ea279302c471f55.jpeg

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I just watched the series again from start to finish. I can't believe how many small details I forgot. Such a great show. Going to watch the movie soon. Also starting Better Call Saul since I only ever watched like 5 episodes of that.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I just watched the series again from start to finish. I can't believe how many small details I forgot. Such a great show. Going to watch the movie soon. Also starting Better Call Saul since I only ever watched like 5 episodes of that.
Its funny...because I'd never even heard of this show until Godzilla (2014) started filming. I actually
watched the show as a build up to that film coming out...and even I have to admit it is pretty incredible.

For the record I don't normally watch "TV" shows...and even when I do & have become fully invested...
the endings always seem to ruin everything for me (Sons of Anarchy & Game of Thrones being the main
two examples).

Of course then Godzilla (2014) came out...and they killed Cranston's character off early...and I can
understand why so many fans were pissed off. Cranston's character (Joe Brody) should have been
the lead & been recruited by Monarch to feature in the future films. That surely would have helped
the MonsterVerse as a concept immensely.

Of course they then killed off the only 2 human characters I cared about in the sequel...so maybe
its what the writers have been told to do.

Wait...what were we talking about?

Oh yeah...Breaking Bad is awesome & I hope the film is everything the fans want it to be.

Reactions: Solid Snake