Royal Rumble 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

30 Man Royal Rumble
26. Rikishi
28. K-Kwik - You mean R Truth right? :crazy:

Sorry man but Rikishi? *Confused*...Rikishi has been in the indie curcuit since 2006 and with all the others you mentioned it would have like 5 returning superstars. Why?

And I still stand by the card I made a few posts above. No cahnges having to be made as of now.

JTG

Reaction score
Ninja*Star said:
Sorry man but Rikishi? *Confused*...Rikishi has been in the indie curcuit since 2006 and with all the others you mentioned it would have like 5 returning superstars. Why?

And I still stand by the card I made a few posts above. No cahnges having to be made as of now.

I guess I could've ellaborated. I have an idea that Rikishi could return to SmackDown after Armageddon, defeating Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match in his first match back and starting a brief feud with Benjamin that sees Benjamin retaining the United States Championship going into the Royal Rumble. Also, Rikishi is popular and would add some much needed star power to SmackDown.

As for the others...

Kennedy: He's not supposed to return until February, but the Rumble is in late January, so it probably wouldn't hurt him.

Holly: I think it would be cool if Rhodes was still in the ring when Holly enters the match and eliminates Rhodes immediately for turning on him earlier this year. Maybe even have Holly proceed to eliminate himself from the match and attack Rhodes on the outside.

Christian: I honestly believe that Christian will return at Armageddon to help Edge retain the WWE Championship, or at least sometime before the Rumble.

Godfather: Just a one night only deal, kinda like with Piper and Snuka last year.

kingovkings

Reaction score
As for the above post lol. The only 1 maybe 2 person i can see there making it to the rumble is Christian and thats a long shot and also Kennedy and that an even bigger long shot. But as for holly rikishi and the godfather i really highly doubt that they will be there lol.

Airfixx

I have an idea that Rikishi could return to SmackDown after Armageddon, defeating Shelton Benjamin in a non-title match in his first match back and starting a brief feud with Benjamin that sees Benjamin retaining the United States Championship going into the Royal Rumble. Also, Rikishi is popular and would add some much needed star power to SmackDown.

What on earth makes you expect that; especially so vivvidly?

I'm not the biggest of Hardy fans, but I think RR win and winning vs Edge @ WM is the way to go... (Although ya still gotta wonder if he has regained Vince & Co's trust yet....)

(...Oh and lets not render the rumble match somewhat worthless by having EC matches at NWO. It screws with the logic of the title shots, contention, "road to mania" etc. too much. I think they should save them for the weaker post-WM period in the WWE calendar maybe Judgement Day or even use them for the NOC title matches.)

Moonlight Drive

(...Oh and lets not render the rumble match somewhat worthless by having EC matches at NWO. It screws with the logic of the title shots, contention, "road to mania" etc. too much. I think they should save them for the weaker post-WM period in the WWE calendar maybe Judgement Day or even use them for the NOC title matches.)
I totally agree. Or perhaps just one EC, for the non-Rumble winner show.

Airfixx

To be honest I don't know the best way to go about it because ever since they've had 2 titles in the picture at WM it's always seemed kinda wrong.... I mean, chamber or not those contender matches are nothing compared to potentially having to go through 30 other guys to get the WM title shot.

Obvioulsy they're gonna want both title defended at the year's biggest show, but it seems so uneven.

Airfixx

So... We all looking forward to Cena v Batista II?

If they're much more frivolous with it they'll never get a WM ME out of this damn match!

C4

If Jeff Hardy doesn't win the Championship at Armageddon, then it's either the Royal Rumble victory or the Money in the Bank win at WrestleMania.

I would prefer the Royal Rumble victory, it would be something fresh.

Looks life Jeff Hardy actually did win the Championship at Armageddon!

I'm out of choices now, John Morrison? :g:

Reaction score
Just a quick quess:

Rumble 2009
Undertaker over Triple H/Batista/Kozlov

WWE Championship Ladder Match Match
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy

Heavyweight Championship NO DQ Match
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

IC Title Match
CM Punk vs. William Regal

Airfixx

Heavyweight Championship NO DQ Match
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

Errrrrrrrrm.... Batista beat Orton in a #1 contenders match last night so unless they have the first ever title match between Cena & Batista on free TV then you won't see the above match at the rumble.

seX-Power

^ Was it really Number One Contenders?

I think the 3 main matches will be:

World Championship: John Cena v Chris Jericho in a Submission Match

WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy v Umaga

Royal Rumble Match: Edge wins after losing his rematch on Smackdown

Reaction score
Errrrrrrrrm.... Batista beat Orton in a #1 contenders match last night so unless they have the first ever title match between Cena & Batista on free TV then you won't see the above match at the rumble.

It was a #1 Contender's match? I never heard that. It's possible that it was and I missed it, but could anyone verify?

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I don't think they said it was a #1 cont. match, but im sure Batista will claim he's the #1 cont. after beating Orton. Cena will be in the ring, Y2J says he wants a rematch at RR, Orton comes out and says he had his chance and failed, Batista comes out saying he beat Orton he deserves to be #1 cont. which may lead to a 3 -way match for #1 cont. at the rumble, or have a beat the clock on Raw and winner gets Cena at the RR.

But for the rest of the card, I say..

Jeff vs Edge/Triple H (either of the two)

Kozlof vs Matt

Punk vs Regal

Benjamin vs Helms

And then winning the Rumble, if Orton or Edge doesn't wrestle for the title, then I say one of them wins the Rumble.