Royal Rumble 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

^ Micheal Cole's an idiot, he probably thought it was the divas match. I can imagine:

Cole- Here we are, witnessing this modified number 1 contendership match!

Hometown Kid

Just some very early predictions...

WHC Championship: John Cena vs. JBL

WWE Championship: Jeff Hardy vs. Edge

Matt Hardy vs. Triple H

Divas Championship: Michelle McCool vs. Maria

IC Championship: William Regal vs. CM Punk

Batista vs. Kane

Royal Rumble: MVP defeats Shelton, Orton, Triple H and Batista in the final 5.

Airfixx

^ Micheal Cole's an idiot, he probably thought it was the divas match. I can imagine:

Cole- Here we are, witnessing this modified number 1 contendership match!

LOL

...Featuring those wrestlers.

Well either way it appears to have been bullshit. Contendership tourney comin' up on Raw.

Airfixx

Royal Rumble: MVP defeats Shelton, Orton, Triple H and Batista in the final 5.

I have a strong feeling we'll be seeing MVP making one of those in/out, "where'd he go" kinda appearances in the Rumble in order to continue the 'let's laugh at MVP' losing streak angle.

No contendership chance at NWO either.

MVP for MITB anyone? Totally gets the crap beaten out of him for the entire match, but totally lucks out in some way at the end in order to get the case.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I have a strong feeling we'll be seeing MVP making one of those in/out, "where'd he go" kinda appearances in the Rumble in order to continue the 'let's laugh at MVP' losing streak angle.

No contendership chance at NWO either.

MVP for MITB anyone? Totally gets the crap beaten out of him for the entire match, but totally lucks out in some way at the end in order to get the case.

Id actually pre-fur for MVP to win the MitB match. The rumble, i'm almost 100% sure he wont be wnning that and do the run in and get instantly get eliminated by like Kung-Fu Naki or Haas or Micheal Cole or something. I think this year would be the year he wins MitB though.

I don't want Jeff to win either the Rumble (if he looses his title before then) nor the MitB match. He had his magic moment at Armegedon, why make him lose the title only to win it back agin by winning the rumble and again at Mania. Give somebody else the magic moment. If Jeff wins the rumble, that would instantly make me not order WM it'd be too predictable that Jeff will walk out with it.

Reaction score
Umaga has the prime position of being in a John Cena STFU on that promo poster - now, I thought he was out indefinitely so they wouldn't feature him in the poster unless he were slated to return at RR? Thoughts?

Just one prediction at RR for now.

World Heavyweight Championship - John Cena vs. Randy Orton. Cena retains the belt dirty when the remaining members of the Legacy tangle with Batista, and Chris Jericho enters the ring to beat down on Cena in anger from being neglected of title consideration (the "I'm 2008 Superstar of the Year so I should be prominent in all ME-related ventures in the WWE" storyline).

Something like that - sounds like a feud sandwich though.

Airfixx

Umaga has the prime position of being in a John Cena STFU on that promo poster - now, I thought he was out indefinitely so they wouldn't feature him in the poster unless he were slated to return at RR? Thoughts?

It's been proven time and time again that posters mean nothing. (Look no further than this year's One Night Stand.)

C4

Some of my early predictions:

World Heavyweight Championship:

John Cena (c) vs. Chris Jericho (Steel Cage or some other big stipulation surrounds the match)

WWE Championship:

Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Triple H vs. Edge (Rematch from Armageddon, the outcome of this match is obvious, isn't it? :shifty: )

Intercontinental Championship Fatal 4 Way:

William Regal vs. CM Punk (c) vs. John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio

Kane vs. Dolph Ziggler w/ Kelly Kelly

ECW Championship:

Matt Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov

Airfixx

^^^or more accurately, YOU did (I just provided an example). :roll:

xtremebadass

Here is who I believe will win the Royal Rumble....

Either Randy Orton, Triple H, Edge, or Chris Jericho.

Basically, they are the only ones fitting to win the Rumble.

Qwake

Royal Rumble is always a great PPV and it looks to deliver this year esp with Batista out, that makes the Rumble even more exciting! Damn, it feels like just the other day I was watching Cena return and win, seriously I remember it veru clearly, it was down to Kane, Tista, HHH and Cena and I was cheering for Kane but he got hammered and thrown out but anyways this year I think it won't dissapoint.

I have a feeling Chris Jericho is going to get the win on RAW which will lead to him Vs Cena again which I feel would be the right thing to do. They could put on anoter good match as HBK/JBLs thing picks up during the rumble, I don't think Randy will face Cena because I see him as a huge contender for winning the rumble which will make me VERY happy. For Smackdown I really don't know who has much of a shot at winning, I haven't seen it since Hardy won so yeah. If anyone I would have to say Edge from SD, he has won quite a few Battle Royals from sneaking back into the ring and throwing the guy who thinks he has won out so if he done that in the rumble it would suck. MVP could be another, he has lost alot so maybe he will get the big rumble win whic would help him and move him to the ME scene.

Thats what could happen anyways.

MattC13

Reaction score
In the past a babyface usually wins the Rumble. My pick was Jeff Hardy but he won the WWE Championship so he's out.

The other matches that will be there I think:

John Cena vs. JBL: World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. Edge: WWE Championship

the dark knight

not sure if anyone called it before.....and im not really sure myself. but im thinking its mvp.