Royal Rumble 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

worst royal rumble ppv i have ever seen live to date.

Good lord, agreed. This PPV wasn't worth half of what I paid for it. All the matches were mediocre at best. Good lord @ ANOTHER Edge title reign. lmao @ another horrible Matt/Jeff feud. Only thing decent was the fact that Orton won the rumble, and even that was predictable as hell. So lame.

Great One

The RR won't lose it's credibility.. Vince can do any damn thing he wants, that's how it's always been.

But I agree Cena using it at NWO was Blue. But in that defense, he was in the WM main event anyways.

The Rated R CMStar

i can almost bet you were one of the idiots who were going nuts when cena chose to put it on the line

No, I wasn't, but Cena using his RR title match was first is different than what could happen to Randy Orton.

Orton's actions transpired before the Royal Rumble, and it was already established that on Raw, regardless of what happened at the Rumble, Randy would get punished.

Randy Orton is WM bound, however, thanks what he did BEFORE to the Rumble, he might lose that chance.

I don't see how that affects the credibility of of the Rumble.

You might not be the only one who thinks the PPV was the worst you have seen live, but I am not the only who thinks it didn't.

You're in a wrestling forum, so don't get all worked up because I ask you to elaborate in your opinions. That's why you are here after all.

King pin 316 part 2

Reaction score
if you notice how much they like to hype the ppv with "z0mg ALMOST EVERYMAN WHO HAD WON THE ROYAL RUMBLE WENT ON TO WRESTLEMANIA TO WIN THE TITLE BLA BLA BLA", you'll understand.

The Rated R CMStar

And? They hype it like that because it's true, but it doesn't mean that just because we especulate that Orton won't be given his title match (which BTW I think he will get it), doesn't mean the match will lose its credibility.

Anyways, here are some of my thoughts about the PPV:

Swagger vs Hardy was rather good. It was the obvious opener and this two guys put a good match. Swagger didn't seem nervous and Hardy was on his game.

Beth vs Melina? I have seen better matches between the two, but this wasn't their worst. I was expecting a better ending. Where was Rosa anyways?

John Cena vs JBL? The same as for Beth vs Melina, however, the focus mostly was on HBK. The ending was good, as it leaves you wondering on what JBL will do to HBK on Raw.

Edge vs Hardy: when I saw that this match was the main event (besides the RR), I knew Edge was winning, and when it was announced No DQ, I thought Christian was coming back. The match was good, but the No DQ stip was just thrown there for the ladder spot and Hardy screwing Edge. I would have liked a little more home depot involved.

As for the RR, it was a good to see it go longer than last year. TBK getting eliminated that fast was plain wrong. Kozlov eliminating Carlito and MVP (who were making the RR entertaining thus far) was also plain wrong. Letting RVD get lost in the shuffle was wrong as well. The rest, it was pretty good, altough Big Show eliminating Taker like that made no sense seeing how their feud is already over.

King pin 316 part 2

Reaction score
the lose all credibility was a sarcastic overstatement. i'd like to rephrase however, "whats the point of winning the rumble if you cant go to mania"....i meant not getting a title shot at all.

The Rated R CMStar

Again, Orton would lose his title match because of what he did to McMahon on Raw, it has nothing to do with the RR match itself or the value of it

MaZZacare

Reaction score
that rumble felt weak to me it i liked the Swagger Hardy match more then JBL Cena and Hardy Edge . The Cena match had a WHAAa moment but over all it was lame which everyone was hopping for . Edge Hardy once the made it no Dq i was like o title switch time . i didnt like it which is weird i was looking forward to it alot but it just felt to predictable . the Rumble as a whole was ok it had good moments the final entrants just made me go WTF i mean Hacksaw Jim Duggan come on. im also not to happy at the possibility of Big Show Taker at Mania seen that done that i want Michales Taker and with him just saying " Its Hell to get to Heaven " was just like so epic to me overall i give this a 6.75/7 . Am i being to harsh?plus no CHRISTIAN

The Rated R CMStar

AND? That doesn't affect the Royal Rumble at all. And no, it does matter why he wouldnt get the title match, hell, its crucial. He got in the boss's path, and even though he's Mania bound, the boss can do what he wants.

King pin 316 part 2

Reaction score
the boss can also show up at mania, replace the main event with a squash match. not gonna affect anything? yup.

Qwake

Yeah that Royal Rumble was fucking shit compared to others. It was obvious Randy Orton would win as he was pretty much the only guy they half built up with backstage segments, It sucked that they didn't have the old funny segments where guys go and chose their numbers.

John Cena Vs JBL was quite boring and I knew what would happen after a little why, I laughed at the new referee running down to the ring after such a wait, the ref just happens to run down AFTER the Michaels attack.

Edge/Jeff Hardy was alright, terrible reign for Hardy, bout as bad as RVDs which would have been good if he wasn't caught with the drugs and Matt being the attacker was something I saw as a possibility and once he came down it was clearly him.

ECW/Womens title match were decent, nothing to exciting.

Royal Rumble match started out AWESOME. Carlito was the man but once Khali got their it sucked followed by Kozzy which made it worse and then HHH, talk about a bad lot of entrants. I knew HHH was gonna last a long time but did he REALLY have to be the last eliminated again!? Rhodes and Dibiase being 3rd and 4th was so fucking stupid, they could have done what they did at the end with other guys instead of those losers who are barely over. Orton winning was good but predictable, good that he through that fag HHH out. RVD coming back was :y:

The Rated R CMStar

the boss can also show up at mania, replace the main event with a squash match. not gonna affect anything? yup.

That's the smark talking, but even in the smark world it make sense. Someone who would seem untouchable like Randy Orton after winning the RR will have to face the music for his actions against Vince Mcmahon.

King pin 316 part 2

Reaction score
smark world? lol, he's still in character. i dunno why im even arguing with you. im sorry.

The Rated R CMStar

i dunno why im even arguing with you

Maybe because you're in a wrestling forum.

You can throw away the argument because I used the phrase "smark word", but it doesn't take away from the fact that you're wrong. If Orton doesn't get his title match (which he will), it doesn't makes the RR any less credible.

And BTW, you tried comparing The Mcmahon family taking Randy Orton away his title match because he gave Vince a concussion to Vince showing on Wrestlemania and changing the main event to a squash. Yeah, I am sure that's on the same kayfabe-smark fan line.