Royal Rumble 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Because wrestling companies (WWE and TNA especially) are always trying to swerve the smart fans. Sometimes it works (see John Cena in last year's Rumble). Sometimes it doesn't (see anything Russo's tried in TNA).

did you ever think they do 'swerves' just to make the shows shocking, unpredictable and entertaining? do you work for wwe or know someone personally who works for wwe that's told you they try to accomodate for smart fans or is this just all speculation?

The Rated R CMStar

Agreed. The chant was started by smarks (I mean, we aren't talking about a small amount of smarks, I think that out of every 5 fans, 2 o 3 are smarks), and from then, everybody just joined in the chant.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Are your posts every anything more than ZOMG U R WRONGS~!

i only really feel the need to post if some sort of discussion comes out of it or if i feel the need to clown on someone. aren't forums made for discussion or would you rather just hold hands and agree on everything?

Moonlight Drive

Disagreeing is fine. Pointing out stupid shit like that is just idiotic, it's obvious he doesn't work for WWE and was just his theory.

Jaybsty

Reaction score
Disagreeing is fine. Pointing out stupid shit like that is just idiotic, it's obvious he doesn't work for WWE and was just his theory.

There has been no talk of christian returning on the raw or smackdown shows or wwe.com. All this talk about christian is just based on rumours. The idiotic thing is saying oh everyone thought he was going to return at the royal rumble.

Moonlight Drive

If you look at the thread title it was obvious 'everyone' was referring to smarks.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

did you ever think they do 'swerves' just to make the shows shocking, unpredictable and entertaining? do you work for wwe or know someone personally who works for wwe that's told you they try to accomodate for smart fans or is this just all speculation?

I know swerves are meant to make the shows shocking but in case you haven't noticed alot of times when moments happen that would swerve and shock the casual fan the IWC just goes "big surprise there :rolleyes:". I also realize that there are alot more marks in the world than there are smarks. And I'm just speculating as far as why Christian wasn't there (maybe he missed his flight, I don't know I'm not his personal babysitter). Maybe this was their plan all along and Christian will come in to the mix later. If you had read any news sites in the past week you would have seen that the plans for the Rumble had changed about 10 times.

There has been no talk of christian returning on the raw or smackdown shows or wwe.com. All this talk about christian is just based on rumours. The idiotic thing is saying oh everyone thought he was going to return at the royal rumble.

Wow you're an idiot. What wrestling company would announce that someone was returning if they're wanting to surprise their fans? Besides rumors are what makes wrestling fun. And it's not necessarily rumors it's just people speculating on what's going to happen.

I don't know about anybody else but I am fucking excited to watch WWE. A feeling I haven't felt in a long long time. I want to watch to see how everything plays out. There's so many ways each storyline can go it makes the shows that much more intriguing because you want to tune in to find out what's gonna happen next. Which is something I talked about here (point number 1).

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool if Christian returned as a face to help out Jeff Hardy by attacking Edge? Then they could like, do a total reversal. I thought it was a cool idea.

Qwake

^ Yeah that would be awesome, it would be "brother vs brother" and also have the title on the line since Edge is the new Champion, Christian could just just say Edge disgraces their "family" or something. Could work.

Yeah their would have been alot of smarks there since it was in Detroit where alot of smart wrestling fans are.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
lol CT I'm sure he was joking so calm down man.

As for the Rumble the right man won the match. I marked when Orton won. My cousin,his gf,and my dad all wanted Triple H to win. Man I was a happy camper.

CT Styles

Blaze said:
lol CT I'm sure he was joking so calm down man.
I know his level of intelligence and he wasn't joking.

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan should've won imo. >_>

Kizza

I know his level of intelligence and he wasn't joking.

'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan should've won imo. >_>

You're an idiot.

Knowing your level of intelligence, you weren't joking.

:smilewink:

Anyways, this show was bloody disappointing as.

Swagger vs Hardy. Didn't catch most of it, so I can't really rate this, but I saw Swagger walk out with the title. Didn't really want to see the match anyways, I'm sure I'll see all the important bits on ECW.

Phoenix vs Melina. Eh, you're standard divas match, with a couple of cool spots thrown in, especially where Beth was making Melina kick herself in the back of the head. Still wouldn't give it more then *3/4 because it only went for 5 or so minutes.

JBL vs Cena. Decent match as far as a JBL match goes. Predicted that HBK would Super Kick JBL, but I didn't see him kicking Cena either. Then Cena kicked out and hit him with the F-U, which the commentators obviously didn't see cos they didn't say the "F-U" or "The Throwback". **3/4 stars, mainly for Shawn kicking Cena. Not a great match, or even good match, but a nice progression in the storyline.

Edge vs Jeff. The match where everyone wanted Christian, and he Scott Hall'd us all. Some nice spots, especially the almost botch with Jeff & Chavo on the announce table where he slipped on the ladder and almost missed Chavo. Then Vickie comes out to distract Jeff, Matt gets rid of Vickie, gives Jeff a chair, gets himself a chair and smacks Jeff over the head. Edge wins. ***1/2 for a good, solid match. No Christian, but we got a Matt heel turn. Surely that's better, right? Right!?

The Rumble Match. Big fat meh. Not at all memorable. Rey enters number 1 or 2 AGAIN. Lasts along time. How predictable. Started fast and exciting. But then we got the influx of main eventers around the middle order. Guys like Jericho, Orton, HHH are all entering 10, 11, 12ish. That took a lot away. usually you see the favourites come in at like 20 onwards. Rob Van Dam returning was pretty cool. But we also got Hacksaw Jim Duggan at 29 for some unworldly reason. Why won't he just go away? No Christian, No Umaga, No Kennedy. What on Earth are they waiting for with the last 2. I also called Triple H being the last guy eliminated. Orton wins one of the most predictable rumbles in recent memory. ***3/4. Only better then Edge/Jeff cos it was the rumble.

Really, all up, I'd give this show ***, and it's lucky it got that. That's just because i liked the rumble for a while, Orton winning was decent and Matt turning heel was pretty cool in my eyes. It just leaves me wondering who's next to challenge Swagger on ECW for the title. A sinking feeling in me has Ricky Ortiz as the guy. Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully.

ChosenOne

Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else but I am fucking excited to watch WWE. A feeling I haven't felt in a long long time. I want to watch to see how everything plays out. There's so many ways each storyline can go it makes the shows that much more intriguing because you want to tune in to find out what's gonna happen next.

Really? I've found it to be the same crap that i have witnessed going on three years now. Though Orton is a pleasant part of WWE, everything is mediocre at best.

Having watched the Rumble, that was perhaps one of the worst IMO. Talk about predictable, it was obvious Orton was going to win and having Matt enter and attack Jeff is stupid. Remember 2001? How bad of a match they had. Hopefully they can put on a better show at Mania 25.