Royal Rumble 2009

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
At first I thought MVP...but I like Matt Hardy here. This will set up Hardy vs. Hardy at WM and Christian can come back as a face. That's probably hopeful thinking though. :(

That's super hopeful thinking. Not the Hardy vs Hardy part but the Christian as a face. All this stuff they're doing with Jeff with all these attacks, they're making sure when it's revealed who's been doing it, that they get no cheers at all.

Hometown Kid

That's super hopeful thinking. Not the Hardy vs Hardy part but the Christian as a face. All this stuff they're doing with Jeff with all these attacks, they're making sure when it's revealed who's been doing it, that they get no cheers at all.

Yeah that's what I meant, after Matt wins the Rumble it turns out he's the attacker. Christian can go and do something else as a face on Raw or something.

Great One

Man, Edge is so losing his title shot vs. Jeff then entering the Rumble and winning. =/

That would be so funny and awesome.

Hometown Kid

^^^What like flounder aimlessly in the midcard behind Rey & Punk?
That wouldn't happen as Punk is stuck with worthless titles and Rey is...Rey. Christian will be like Jericho now (barring an epic feud for Christian). Kinda doing his own thing and occasionally going up for the title.
Man, Edge is so losing his title shot vs. Jeff then entering the Rumble and winning. =/

That would be so funny and awesome.

That's actually a possibility. That would be about the only way I can think of a heel winning the rumble. It's a good way to elevate a young guy as well. Imagine how shocked everyone would be if R-Truth or MVP or some other midcard guy was the last 1 standing and being announced as winner and then Vickie has a surprise entrant and out comes Edge from the crowd and throws him over. That would make Edge virtually un-touchable in heat and make a face get super cheered when he goes after Edge at NWO or something...

Great One

Yeah, I could see that happening as well. But I think it would be more of someone like Matt Hardy or Triple H, or.. possibly Orton.

The Rated R CMStar

Imagine how shocked everyone would be if R-Truth or MVP or some other midcard guy was the last 1 standing

That idea is truly disgusting

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
- World Heavyweight Champion John Cena vs JBL (With Shawn Michaels in JBL's corner).

- WWE Champion Jeff Hardy vs Edge.

- Women's Champion Beth Phoenix vs Melina.

- ECW Champion Jack Swagger vs Matt Hardy.

- The 30-Man Royal Rumble, with the winner receiving a title match at Wrestlemania. Currently, there are seven spots left open in the match. Here are the current participants:
- Randy Orton
- Kofi Kingston
- Rey Mysterio
- Cody Rhodes
- Ted DiBiase
- Kane
- Santino Marella
- CM Punk
- Chris Jericho
- Triple H
- Big Show
- Vladimir Kozlov
- Shelton Benjamin
- The Undertaker
- R-Truth
- Brian Kendrick
- Carlito
- The Miz
- John Morrison
- Fit Finlay
- Mark Henry
-Great Khali
-Chavo Guerrero

So that is the final card and 7 spots are left open. I wonder who the other 7 people will be.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
Figure I will do my Predictions real quick

JBL vs John Cena- Cena wins, I have a feeling it will be Orton v Cena at mania with possibly Cena working with the Mcmahons?

Jeff Hardy vs Edge- Sadly, Edge gets the win when Christian comes and scews over Jeff.

Matt Hardy vs Jack Swagger-Swagger wins, cleanly, again.

Melina vs Beth Phoenix- Melina gets the win after Santino screws up and costs Beth the match, this starts an affair angle were Santino sleeps with Rosa Mendez and Glameralla breaks up

Royal Rumble- Randy Orton wins the rumble

Ed_cena

Reaction score
Here are mine:

Cena vs JBL w/hbk: John cena wins., hbk kinda cost jbl the match.
Jeff Hardy vs Edge: I dont know
Swagger vs Matt Hardy: Swagger retains cheating.
Beth beats melina.
RKO wins Rumble.

The Rated R CMStar

Thank you God, thank you.

FUCK YES, EDGE IS THE CHAMPION!

Oh, great match BTW

King pin 316 part 2

Reaction score
vince mcmahon storylines should NEVER have titles involved. and if they somehow dont give orton his match at mania then the RR will officially lose all its credibility.

worst royal rumble ppv i have ever seen live to date.

seX-Power

Edge as champ is great, and I predicted the attacker would be Hardy all along.

Orton winning is meh, I dont think that Legacy should have lasted that long, and RVD should have come out at Number 30 for pure shock value. Also, :smh at how Taker was eliminated, and :rofl: at Mysterio kicking DiBiase in the nuts.

King pin 316 part 2

Reaction score
Why? Elaborate
whats the point of winning the rumble if you cant go to mania? that would kill it. i can almost bet you were one of the idiots who were going nuts when cena chose to put it on the line. lol at the "LOL". im not the only one who thinks so. what the hell, it'd make more sense if i am.