Rock Addresses CM Punk and Randy Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Rock is the vet, the star, and the reason the WWE is a global phenomenon. You go up to him, introduce yourself, and shake his hand. He doesn't come to you. You haven't earned that respect. He has for what he has put in, and that is simple locker room and entertainment etiquette.

You don't expect Jordan, Mayweather, Tiger, or Jack Nicholson to come up to you when you are the one who hasn't accomplished anything. You go up and introduce yourself, while being respectful. Only a young prick thinks it is the other way around when the other guy has done more for the industry

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Bingo you just pointed out why Punk would have a right to diss him by pointing out that he came back and acted like he was so above everyone. While he is of course that's gonna rub people the wrong way IF Rock is acting like that backstage. Punk talked about how Rock wasn't shaking anybody's hand not just him so it's not a Rock didn't greet me personally so I'm going to shit on him it's that apparently about Rock's attitude toward everyone in the back.

And fyi Cena was the first one who badmouthed Rock questioning his love for the biz, and how he didn't like how he left WWE and that came from the biggest star in all of wrestling right now and those comments were legit comments not storyline driven at the time he said them.

Would have repped but gotta share.

Reactions: 1 person

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Rock is the vet, the star, and the reason the WWE is a global phenomenon. You go up to him, introduce yourself, and shake his hand. He doesn't come to you. You haven't earned that respect. He has for what he has put in.

That would be like Jordan coming to a Miami practice and LeBron expecting him to come up to him and shake his hand. He got his bull shit twisted all up .
Who knows maybe he did try and Rock ignored him or ignored someone else. We don't really know exactly how Rock's attitude came off backstage and if Punk might have a legit gripe. I just know if someone came back there and acted like they were big shit even if they truly are big time and I was in that locker room it would kinda rub me the wrong way too depending how it was done.

But anyways would be funny and great if this whole thing was leading to a Rock/Punk match down the line.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena disliked it so much that he campaigned for his return to the company and has cashed what 2 soon to be 3 ppv buy checks from Rocks name. He did what he had to do to get a match and make money, but he isn't an idiot and going out there to bash Rock in public since he came back. He knows that Rock doesn't need the business, but it needs Rock with the guys not named Cena all strugglling to earn like Taker, Edge, Dave, Michaels, Jeff, And HHH were doing in their places on the card

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Rock is the vet, the star, and the reason the WWE is a global phenomenon. You go up to him, introduce yourself, and shake his hand. He doesn't come to you. You haven't earned that respect. He has for what he has put in.

That would be like Jordan coming to a Miami practice and LeBron expecting him to come up to him and shake his hand. He got his bull shit twisted all up .

OK first off quit Kissing the rocks ass he's not reading these forums. The rock is one man and though what he did was impressive for the buisness he's isn't the end all be all that created a global phenomenon. If the rock hadn't come along it would have still happened.

CM Punk has recently become huge and he's done so in a way similar to the rock. He wasn't created much like the Rock wasnt. In this day that's something.

Now if I'd been at a job lets' say a fucking McDonalds and I'd been working their for 5 years and I became a manager only to have someone that hadn't worked their in 7 years come back and take my place without so much as a hi nice to meet ya i'd be urked too. Simplistic example yes but same principal. Both men are in the wrong punk talking out of turn and the rock acting like hes god gift to the earth.

I'm not a Punk mark either but in this instance he's got some credibility.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Who knows maybe he did try and Rock ignored him or ignored someone else. We don't really know exactly how Rock's attitude came off backstage and if Punk might have a legit gripe. I just know if someone came back there and acted like they were big shit even if they truly are big time and I was in that locker room it would kinda rub me the wrong way too depending how it was done.

But anyways would be funny and great if this whole thing was leading to a Rock/Punk match down the line.

You really think big mouth wouldn't talk about being shunned when he goes up to him respectfully? He says Rock ignored him, but not that he went up to Rock and treat him like a vet who deserves respect. Punk tends to spout off but he usually just says how he feel and how things are, so I have a hard time seeing him not talking about Rock stifling him when he goes up to him respectfully and introduces himself

SAL

Reaction score
It's a two way street though. Why would Rock respect a guy who held out and took the title with him just to get over and become an actual star?

Um, what? You do understand what storylines are, right? Punk worked his way up and earned the chance to get himself over by being a solid role player for years. They didn't let some talentless hack get this attention-grabbing storyline. It only got the attention it did because Punk was popular enough and good enough on the microphone to get the whole thing over.

Reactions: 2 people

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Cena disliked it so much that he campaigned for his return to the company and has cashed what 2 soon to be 3 ppv buy checks from Rocks name. He did what he had to do to get a match and make money, but he isn't an idiot and going out there to bash Rock in public since he came back. He knows that Rock doesn't need the business, but it needs Rock with the guys not named Cena all strugglling to earn like Taker, Edge, Dave, Michaels, Jeff, And HHH were doing in their places on the card
I doubt Cena truly knew that Rock would legit comeback. Cena is a guy who lives and breaths WWE so I think his feelings toward Rock when he made the comments were purely legit not knowing he'd actually comeback but he obviously did want him to comeback and own up to his word that he still loved WWE. Hell Cena has made fun of Rock for not being on the show more often multiple times. While that's obvious build for their match I'm pretty sure he meant it at the same time.

Like I said who knows maybe this is Punk's way of trying to get a match with Rock himself mixed with his feelings about Rock and just going about it in a little harsher way than Cena did but this time Rock is already back in WWE and it's not farfetched.

Gotcha b*tch

Reaction score
How is it not understandable to see where they are coming from? What Rock said was true but don't ignore the fact that guys who work their asses off every night from house shows, to raw, sd, etc aren't gonna be happy that a guy can just come in and headline the show instead of the guys who worked their asses off regularly. Can't fault them for having confidence in themselves and their era instead of thinking Rock please come save us. So while Rock is right Punk is right in his own right.

Plenty of wrestlers work their asses off and get fired, like Kozlov.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
OK first off quit Kissing the rocks ass he's not reading these forums. The rock is one man and though what he did was impressive for the buisness he's isn't the end all be all that created a global phenomenon. If the rock hadn't come along it would have still happened.

CM Punk has recently become huge and he's done so in a way similar to the rock. He wasn't created much like the Rock wasnt. In this day that's something.

Now if I'd been at a job lets' say a fucking McDonalds and I'd been working their for 5 years and I became a manager only to have someone that hadn't worked their in 7 years come back and take my place without so much as a hi nice to meet ya i'd be urked too. Simplistic example yes but same principal. Both men are in the wrong punk talking out of turn and the rock acting like hes god gift to the earth.

I'm not a Punk mark either but in this instance he's got some credibility.

Rock is the most transcendent star in the history of the business. Not Hogan, Austin, or anyone else. You think some one would magically have come along and made the impact in the entertainment world that he did even tough every other wrestler including Hogan and Austin failed?

Punk is big not huge. There in lies the difference. Rock was huge. Cena is huge. Batista and Edge were huge. Punk had countless runs, countless time, countless stables, and such invested in him. He even had the benefit of a diluted roster yet it took Cena campaigning to get him an angle and shot to get over after years of wasted investment by WWE with no real payoff. Rock clicked far faster as the guy.

He was the one who got WWe films off the ground by starring in their first 3 coproduced films. He was the guy selling out arenas around the globe and working nightly while Austin sat. He was the guy you saw on MTV music videos, SNL, Leno, Letterman, That 70s Show, and every big media outlet. He is the one professional wrestler in the world who took the stigma and shit on it to be taken seriously in the entertainment industry and gross billions in revenue. He has always drawn. smack down was named by the guy.

At some point you have to respect him if you are in that locker room. That is just how sports works in general. You respect the past greats who have set records and accomplished a lot for the team or company before you. The vets don't go out their way and say hey kid, how you are doing, I'm so and so. You are supposed to do it any locker room when you are the youngster or they return just for a visit. That is about respect. Rock has earned the respect of millions around the world and those in the industry before him because he helped define it and sell it. Punk hasn't come close to doing a tenth of what he did, so he should not expect a handshake or greeting because he is CM Punk, says what he wants, and recently became the flavor of the season after years of not mattering, drawing, or building the brand. That just isn't how it works in sports and locker rooms.

Tex Winters in Sacred Hoops called kids who didn't understand that locker room etiquette fools who are damned to be so wrapped up I themselves that they never see the big picture or pan out completely. There is a reason he was kicked out of TNA early on, had heat in OVW, and basically was a jobber to the stars for years ... His ego tends to need checking at the door, that is until Cena backed him getting this push he has gotten which gives him rope to play with and hang himself.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Like I said who knows maybe this is Punk's way of trying to get a match with Rock himself mixed with his feelings about Rock and just going about it in a little harsher way than Cena did but this time Rock is already back in WWE and it's not farfetched.

I'm saying call the guy out on the show. He is there, so you do it there. There is no reason to name drop him and his rep in the media just for attention or to be edgy. He is right there. You have the mic and a chance to shoot on him on WWE TV. You have twitter since both stay on there like school girls. It is childish to go out there and put him on blast in outside outlets because he is there helping the business and giving back to it when he has no real reason why to. He can make better money, he can have much better ways to be spending his time, but he is there. He is drawing buys, selling tickets, moving merch, selling games, getting ratings, and putting over stupid twitter initiatives. Call him out while he is in the building or just on Raw tv period

You didn't see Rock or HHH killing Austin in outside media for how he took his ball and left. They had a right to be pissed, just like Punk has a partial right, but they contained it to WWE TV. They both blasted him there through the WWE outlet, but didn't drag his name through any other out of respect. Heck rock didn't even name the guys even though we know those two were the most vocal about their displeasure with his return on twitter and in other media, because it isn't necessary and they aren't big enough to warrant his time or for him to give a pay day to.

Goes back though to what I said. Cena hasn't said a thing about him in the outside media since he camelback. Miz hasn't clowned him. They get that the company needs the attention, money, exposure, and that they benefit from him. That is what Rock means when he says guys don't get it. Whethe ryou don't like him or can't stand him, the fact remains you should swallow that pride and get that he is a necessary evil for an industry that isn't in a boom period and is undergoing a huge gamble in launching a network. any true star gets that.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm saying call the guy out on the show. He is there, so you do it there. There is no reason to name drop him and his rep in the media just for attention or to be edgy. He is right there. You have the mic and a chance to shoot on him on WWE TV. You have twitter since both stay on there like school girls. It is childish to go out there and put him on blast in outside outlets because he is there helping the business and giving back to it when he has no real reason why to. He can make better money, he can have much better ways to be spending his time, but he is there. He is drawing buys, selling tickets, moving merch, selling games, getting ratings, and putting over stupid twitter initiatives. Call him out while he is in the building or just on Raw tv period

You didn't see Rock or HHH killing Austin in outside media for how he took his ball and left. They had a right to be pissed, just like Punk has a partial right, but they contained it to WWE TV. They both blasted him there through the WWE outlet, but didn't drag his name through any other out of respect. Heck rock didn't even name the guys even though we know those two were the most vocal about their displeasure with his return on twitter and in other media, because it isn't necessary and they aren't big enough to warrant his time or for him to give a pay day to.

Goes back though to what I said. Cena hasn't said a thing about him in the outside media since he camelback. Miz hasn't clowned him. They get that the company needs the attention, money, exposure, and that they benefit from him. That is what Rock means when he says guys don't get it. Whethe ryou don't like him or can't stand him, the fact remains you should swallow that pride and get that he is a necessary evil for an industry that isn't in a boom period and is undergoing a huge gamble in launching a network. any true star gets that.
What the fuck do you think Punk already did in his infamous Raw promo? Not to mention the day and age we are in where WWE pumps the hell out of social media. Also not to mention Rock talks his own shit on there as well. And then you bring up the Austin/Rock thing when there wasn't a twitter or anything like that so I don't even get your point on that one. Also it isn't the time to shoot on Rock right now yet while he is trying to build his feud with Johnny L and Del Rio. That post had so many holes in it esp given you're bashing Punk for having a big mouth yet that is the reason why he has become a star in the WWE this year.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I said bashing him on twitter was okay. Don't do it on outside platforms. WWE and twitter have a contract. That isn't an outside medium. The radio is, as is ESPN in the case of Orton. Contain the shots instead of always trying to push through the 4th wall to say look at me, I'm edgy and an attention whore.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Again him running his mouth is what created his chance and what made him a star and one of the most talked about guys in wrestling in 2011. So why should he contain himself when his basis on his popularity is not acting like your typical company guy staying in bounds because that is who is he is in and out the ring. You're sitting here saying a guy who has made his name this year for being untamed should be more tamed and that makes no sense. If you can pull off being able to move merch more than John fucking Cena then I'd let the guy voice his opinion on whatever he wanted.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And yet he is still the curtain jerker act to Cena. He is still the guy who falls down a peg to HHH. Punk could be let go tomorrow and no one would care three months later because he hasn't had a huge imprint on the company for any prolonged time. He isn't transcendent. He will never come close to helping the company like Rock did or is doing. He will never come close to being Cena, as one shirt doesn't make you a draw, high ppv numbers, high stings, and consistent top sales does, which Punk has never shown the ability to generate consistently in his career. At some point he has to know his role and that is to be the star in the second tier. He has to know when not to be a duck and see the bigger picture, like that Rock is working every Raw he appears on for free as Vince admitted, and that the arevenue and viewership that he draws gets him more money and eyes on him and the rest of the young and raw roster who aren't ready, it is a trickle down effect. I can see why Jeff Hardy said he was an ungrateful dick, after Jeff went out of his way to stay and put him over and make him into somewhat of a star when he didn't have to, only for him to trash he guy. You don't do shit like that

Last edited: