Rock Addresses CM Punk and Randy Orton

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Speaking to WWE Magazine, The Rock addresses his critics within WWE, or rather, two particular "insecure and jealous" Superstars. They ask the multi-time champion, "Some guys in the locker room aren't too happy with your return. Do you feel you need to earn their respect, or do you feel they need to earn your respect?"

The Great One responds, "Of course, a few guys have been very vocal about their unhappiness with me coming back. It doesn't bother me at all. It just proves that they lack perspective.

"Returning to WWE is an incredible opportunity for me. But much bigger than me, it's an incredible opportunity for the business and, at the end of the day, all we want to do is elevate WWE to new heights never seen before and make the fans happy. For example, when Hulk Hogan returned to WWE, I loved it, because I knew it was going to be incredible for the business. We made history together and made millions and millions of fans happy.

"Always remember that the ones who were vocal and disapproving about me coming back—and we all know who the two are—are the ones who are most insecure and jealous. Maybe one day they'll smarten up and understand the greater perspective."

It is obvious he is talking about those two who bad mouthed his return on twitter. Sad really because the two idjuts could make money with him, damn good money and interesting tv. Can't say I'm hear broken because they aren't in the top 3 of guys I'd like to see him face after Cena but it is still stupid to hate on the guy for coming back and helping spike ratings and making their checks bigger from more buys

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
How is it not understandable to see where they are coming from? What Rock said was true but don't ignore the fact that guys who work their asses off every night from house shows, to raw, sd, etc aren't gonna be happy that a guy can just come in and headline the show instead of the guys who worked their asses off regularly. Can't fault them for having confidence in themselves and their era instead of thinking Rock please come save us. So while Rock is right Punk is right in his own right.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I too thought it would be Orton & Punk, but wasn't entirely sure if they didn't mean Miz & Truth considering it's the WWE magazine, but then I figured that they'd have just said their names as it would have fit in with whats going on TV.

I love Punk, but the more I read of him in interviews and what not, he's really starting to grind my gears in the same way that Jericho is. He just comes out with stupid, outlandish bullshit that I honestly believe he means, but because he's quite sarcastic he can somewhat get away it. Like the latest thing I read (didn't listen to the actual audio piece to sense his tone) he claimed that the reason for the last Mania buyrate was because of himself and Orton which is just too ludicrious for me to believe that he actually means it, but on the other hand there's this nagging bit in my mind which thinks he's got a big enough ego to actually believe that.

Orton on the other hand i'd just purely put down to him being best friends with Cena like he referenced several times in interviews.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I remember listening to that Punk interview and he was really being sarcastic about the buyrate deal just his point was that Rock shouldn't have got all the credit for it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
How is it not understandable to see where they are coming from? What Rock said was true but don't ignore the fact that guys who work their asses off every night from house shows, to raw, sd, etc aren't gonna be happy that a guy can just come in and headline the show instead of the guys who worked their asses off regularly. Can't fault them for having confidence in themselves and their era instead of thinking Rock please come save us. So while Rock is right Punk is right in his own right.
And they will make more by being on a card with Rock. They won't make what Rock, Cena, Miz or Truth do, but they will make more and have more people watch them which should be their end goal.

And hey at the end of the day if Orton could draw he would be in the place of Cena in the match but he cant and no amount of busting his ass can change that. He is over but doesn't sell. Punk at least moves merch since this summer, but even then he runs people wrong with his mouth and after 7 years, Vince or no one on top would want him to piss Rock off, when he doesn't have to comeback at all

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Funny enough Punk rubbing people the wrong with his comments helped him get to his biggest break so don't think that is gonna effect him in a bad way anymore at this point. I don't think Punk is just simply looking at the money or else he would just give the company answer about Rock being back. He's said he doesn't have anything against Rock personally but he isn't a fan of him in terms of his act and thinking it's corny which Punk has a right to that opinion. So when a guy he thinks is corny who isn't with the company regularly comes in and doesn't actually in reality do much of anything on the show (talking about the past mania here) of course he's gonna feel like he shouldn't have gotten all the credit when there was other people on the show working their ass off to build it and perform on it.

So I think Punk's beef with Rock is similar to the beef Cena had with Rock mixed with his own things he has brought up about Rock. Not to mention Punk is the same guy who wants Austin to comeback for one more match to face him so it's not like his whole perspective is screwed up like Rock says it is. So in the end I think it has more to do of Punk's opinion of Rock as a performer, confidence in himself which you need to have and how Rock wouldn't give WWE the time of day before this past year.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It doesn't matter whose involved in Wrestlemania the buyrates gonna be huge.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
^ Really? The wwe didn't go out the way to get Floyd, Tumo, and Rock for nothing. And the manias they were on we're three of the most bought for a reason

See shit like this is what I mean

cm punk did an interview with the new york daily news today and took a few shots at the rock.

"you know, the thing about that is, he's not around. He's not around. It doesn't help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He's very bourgeois hollywood," punk said.

When asked whether he thought the rock had really "returned" to wwe, punk said: "he came back, he did wwe raw after that. He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me. A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage."

punk then went on to compare his feelings between the rock and john cena, saying "i have my beef with john cena, and i have my things that i don't like cena, but you know what? I try to tell him everyday. For the rock to criticize, come on."

when asked if he thought the rock was a "diva", he said: "i can't say that. At least the wwe divas say hi to me in the halls."

Ewrestlingnews

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I promise you there are probably a solid amount of guys who feel that way about The Rock just no one else is really gonna say it outside of him and probably Orton. Laughed at the diva comment tho. But anyways I didn't take the never gonna leave comment so literal so how he's handled his T.V appearances doesn't really bother me but I can see how it can bother some of them in the back depending what is going on backstage with how Rock handles himself.

SAL

Reaction score
Punk likes money. But he loves the business.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If Punk was offered millions to go and do movies he'd sell his ass out straight away too, so he can suck out tbh.

Way too many jealous guys in wrestling....The Rock doesnt owe WWE a damn thing.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Punk likes money. But he loves the business.

And he wouldn't be working for the business he is without Rock laying the foundation. He couldn't go off and insult everyone from the top down if a guy like Rock didn't do it and get it over before him. He wouldnt have spent his first years headlining a blue brand if it wasnt for a man making the word Smackdown so famous it made the dictionary. Everything about the current WWE business he is in is a result of Rock, Austin, Triple H, Taker, and Kane killing themselves physically and WCW literally so he could have a shot to be in WWE

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Now you're going way into something else as Punk never once dissed the man's legacy or anything. He's just not gonna kiss the guy's ass cause he decided to walk back into the WWE a few times every couple months until mania. Punk never even dissed the guy for leaving the WWE to do movies that was Cena.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's a two way street though. Why would Rock respect a guy who held out and took the title with him just to get over and become an actual star? he doesn't have to go out of his way and speak to someone not at his level, when that someone is a loud mouth and has done nothing in terms of making the business or company what it is even after multiple title reigns being handed to him. If he was shunning Cena, Dave, Edge, or those type of guys sure but we are talking about going to work and doing his job. You don't see Cena, Miz, Truth, or anyone even going out their way to nitpick how he comes and goes because they get it. Outside of the wwe it is unnecessary to do it in public because he doesn't have to do it, doesn't need to comeback, and is doing the company a favor to cover up for guys like Punk and Orton who haven't revolutionized or defined anything other than the phrase "backup singers to HHH, Dave, Cena, Taker, and Edge for the decade "

At the end of the day it boils down to his old phrase, "Who in the blue hell are you?"

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's a two way street though. Why would Rock respect a guy who held out and took the title with him just to get over and become an actual star? he doesn't have to go out of his way and speak to someone not at his level, when that someone is a loud mouth and has done nothing in terms of making the business or company what it is even after multiple title reigns being handed to him. If he was shunning Cena, Dave, Edge, or those type of guys sure but we are talking about going to work and doing his job. You don't see Cena, Miz, Truth, or anyone even going out their way to nitpick how he comes and goes because they get it. Outside of the wwe it is unnecessary to do it in public because he doesn't have to do it, doesn't need to comeback, and is doing the company a favor to cover up for guys like Punk and Orton who haven't revolutionized or defined anything other than the phrase "backup singers to HHH, Dave, Cena, Taker, and Edge"
Bingo you just pointed out why Punk would have a right to diss him by pointing out that he came back and acted like he was so above everyone. While he is of course that's gonna rub people the wrong way IF Rock is acting like that backstage. Punk talked about how Rock wasn't shaking anybody's hand not just him so it's not a Rock didn't greet me personally so I'm going to shit on him it's that apparently about Rock's attitude toward everyone in the back.

And fyi Cena was the first one who badmouthed Rock questioning his love for the biz, and how he didn't like how he left WWE and that came from the biggest star in all of wrestling right now and those comments were legit comments not storyline driven at the time he said them.