• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Random ROH Talk

Montana

Welcome to the board!

The ROH/Indy sections aren't as active as they used to be, but maybe we can get things stirring again.

I've watched all the 2010 shows up till the Phoenix/Big Bang shows. I'm from Detroit, so i go to all those shows, but i'll be going to the show in Chicago on July 24th.

ROH seems to having a solid year so far. The PPV are real good. The DVD's are generally good - very good. The TV show bores me, but i dont have HDNet. I Hope ROH brings in some new talent this year too, because if they lose 2-3 more wrestlers to WWE/TNA they could be in trouble.

I'm hoping the Richards retirement is a hoax, and he will win the belt later this year.

What's up, GSS? Welcome! Like Monty said, things are pretty down, but maybe some new blood is just what the place needs...anyway, i'm from Tennessee, so i'm hoping their Louisville deal leads to ROH going a little deeper south.

I actually like the show, despite WAY more storylines than needed. I DL it every week since HDNet's so small. Aires easily cements as the strongest promo every show practically. The live shows i've seen were Big Bang, The Anniversary show and DBD so far. They're rebounding nicely since losing everybody, and could have been a lot worse so far. I'm hoping Strong gets the title soon as I just can't get into Tyler or especially Davey. Looking forward to Generico moving up the card too, and hopefully some NOAH guys come back soon.

As mentioned, Not into Tyler/Davey, Generico i'm looking forward to moving up the card. He's awesomeness in a can.

I got into ROH about a month after joining this forum, watched a bunch of DVDs, moved onto other promotions. I'm not as big a fan of ROH specifically, but it's way easier to watch than like NOAH or something, even DGUSA which has impressed me quite a bit lately. So ROH will probably always hold a special place to me, even though I think improvements can be made currently, they're getting on the right track and it's cool to see them starting to get back at least a little to their roots. (Necro Butcher stuff aside. >_>)

Montana

I'm not sure how i feel about the HOT and Roddy joining. I like the HOT as a tag team, but Roddy just doesn't seem to fit. I even think Hagadorn would be been a better fit maybe, and making the American Wolfs a Trio. Although Roddy and Davey have history.

I got into ROH in early 2007. Soulpower suggested i go to the ROH shows on that WM weekend, so my first experience was Supercard of Honor 2 and it was amazing. I knew about the TNA guys, Chris Hero and Colt Cabana back then, but never paid any attention to ROH, and was blown away, been a big fan ever since and haven't missed a Detroit show.

Going to Chicago next week for the saturday show. Black vs. Steen, KOW vs. Young Bucks, and American Wolves vs. Generico/Caban... Very solid show.

Yeah, I thought Rod joining with the HOT was a big step back for him imo. If they wanted to give him a manager, this Truth Martini guy isn't really someone I see hanging out with. Hopefully he's better on the mic than what he showed in his debut, because he really wasn't that much better than Roddy, and there were plenty of "Boring" chants. I dunno. I'm kinda looking forward to the tag team street fight, but didn't they do that exact same match a couple of months ago?

One problem i'd say is that there hasn't been enough Tyler on these shows. He needs to be on there, or at least have a video package or something every week to get the belt over. He did fine this week in the 6 man. But yeah.

Also, lol at Necro Butcher being the crown jewel of The Embassy and wearing that robe...and still not wearing any shoes.

Currently watching Bitter Friends Stiffer Enemies 2 and Rhett Titus vs. Petey Williams is just too hard to watch. Maybe because the prior match, Strong vs. Richards, was very excellent.

Montana

That show is next on my buy list. I'm waiting for DBD to come out on dvd, and probably go with the buy 3 get 2 free. It would be AWESOME if it was on sale tonight. I'm leaving in a few minutes to chicago.

I think Tyler needs more title defenses...not every show, but maybe every other. Seems like he rarely defends the belt.

Necro joining the Embassy was just plain dumb.

Sounds like a pretty good show last night. I thought Steen vs. Generico should have main evented.

I'll say it before, and i'll say it again, ROH needs to bring in some new wrestlers, NOW. They need to bring them in and get their feet wet, before guys like Briscoes, Richards and Hero leave. (if they leave)

Apparently Steen vs. Black was an excellent title match this past Saturday in Chicago.

I really want ROH to look into Brandon Gatson, a PWG guy. That guy is gonna be awesome.

Montana

Embassy vs. Skullkrusher Redwood - 2.5
-Typical opener, short and sweet.

Sara Del Ray vs. Kong 2.5
- Not a bad much, but nothing great

Briscoes vs. HOT 3.5
- Crowd loved this match. Typical good stuff between these teams

Strong vs. Aries 3.5
- Great finish. Wish it would have went a few more minutes though.

All Night Express vs. Delirous / Lynn 2.75
- Solid, but nothing realy great. Was watching Aries on the outside more than the match.

American Wolves vs. Cabana/Generico 3.5
- Better than i was expecting. Cabana did his funny stuff to start, and Generico carried the team with some good spots.

KOW vs. Young Bucks 4.25
- Awesome match. KOW look great. New music.

Black vs. Steen 4.25 if not better
- I want to see this again. I'm kinda torn if this or the KOW/Bucks match was better. That was a tough match to follow, and they did it very well, with a tired crowd. A lot of hatred between these two, match this a very good match.

Great Show. Probably a must buy. Top 5 show this year, so
far.

Side Note: Jay Bradley aka Ryan Braddock from WWE SD was getting a great reaction from the fans in his preshow preformance. Even chanting his name. I was surprised many knew who he was. Both men had a very good outting, and hopefully Mike Sydal is alright. He caught a lariat, and looks like it jolted his head back

Montana

Actually Detroit. Some of my buddies were heading to Chicago for this show, so i went with them. I normally don't travel much for wrestling events. ROH isn't coming to Detroit quite as much too.

Aries and Strong was very solid. It was probably like 10-15 minutes, so it reminded me a bit like a TV main event. For some reason i'm drawing a blank on the last couple Strong vs. Aries matchups. I know they had a mini match at phoenix rising, and a tv match. But i'd say their tv match was the closest. THey could have easily had a amazing match, but pulled the plug early. The place was going nuts, and it was a good finish.

Montana

Will do... Slim chance i might go to Final Battle, but i normally don't go on many trips.

What do you think about Davey vs. Black "Rematch of the Year' Non-title at Charlotte?

I don't have a problem wiht it...looks like they are building up for Richards vs. Black III at Final Battle. If Richards loses he will retire.