Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Also, which website should I get them off of, since SM video doesn't have ROH vids?

Get them from ROH.com

They always have great offers (Right now you can buy 2 and get one free) and its gets new DVD's every couple of weeks.

Ok nice, I have 150 bucks ready to go to this so hopefully I can start my ROH liking off right. Thanks for all the suggestions BTW.

Montana

Its buy 3 get one free right now. The the very middle of rohwrestling.com there is like a box, with all the new news. The sale is normally the first box. There is 5 boxes with news and updates. So then just click read more. The 3 for 1 is a great sale, if you want to get new dvds.

Bradders

Reaction score
Why are ROH allowed to sell independent TNA and WWE DVD's seems like they are feeding the devil here really and not helping themselves.

Rell

Reaction score
Why are ROH allowed to sell independent TNA and WWE DVD's seems like they are feeding the devil here really and not helping themselves.

I'm not sure why they are allowed to sell WWE and TNA brand DVD's, but they gain a profit so why not? As to them "feeding the devil", you have a point. I dont think Ring Of Honor is worried about WWE or TNA. ROH knows they will not compete with either company anytime soon, and unlike some promotions, they focus on their own product and keeping the fans happy.

Bradders

Reaction score
So you're saying they're making money out of something they are not bothered with and strive to become the first ROH not the next WWE (cliche alert)

Montana

The ROH message board has turned off new sign ups, any reason?? Also anyone with a membership, is there anything that isn't shown to the non- members? Bonus stuff?

Rell

Reaction score
The ROH website isnt excepting new members because of the Project 161 thing thats going on at the moment. Every now and then, someone will somehow join and say something creepy about the project 161, and it will stay up for a few hours before being deleted. It's supposedly an "unknown" member, but we all know its a work that is used to push the Project 161 angle.

rory-fitzpatrick

Reaction score
aye, the other day i was watching ROH and i reckon i was bored outta my mind!

croikey! whats up with that ?!

the match wasnt entertaining at all i reckon, maybe im missing something? i bloody hell hope so

Montana

What match did you see? What the problem is, your probably used to the wwe 5 minute match style, and the fact that you dont know any ROH wrestlers doesnt help. Generally ROH matches last at least 15 minutes or more. So going into to watching them, you kinda gotta know that. ROH tries to please the live crowd, more than anything. Secondly, their dvd fanbase. Not so much, for people who download their matches one by one, and by youtube. Because, if you bought the whole dvd, generally they will hype up the matches, and get you in touch iwth the storyline.

Reaction score
Yeah like montana said , If your the kind of guy who enjoys more of the "entertainment" part than the wrestling part of the WWE then watching ROH is gonna be hard for you cause they usually have great long matches. Like BJ Whitmer said This is where they let their wrestling do the talking.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
I knew someone hating on ROH couldn't be legit, lol.

Just to keep this on topic, Does anyone know the reason why Gabe wanted to Unify the titles; i felt the pure title was doing it's job well and had some good prestigue to it.