Random ROH Talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
sorry is this was asked before, if it was, just tell me which post is it cuz im too freaking lazy to read all of them now.

1) how many shows per week does ROH have?
2) if i wanna start watching ROH like i watch the WWE, what should i do? DVDs? youtube? download?

more like the same question lol

They don't really have a set amount of shows; on average theres probally about one show every 2 weeks, alot of time the shows will be in 2 days consecutively.

You can buy DVD's at www.ROHVideos.com, theres also video wires at http://www.youtube.com/user/ringofhonor ROH's youtube account, most of the ROH shows are in the media section anyways.

the dark knight

^^i see ROH in the media section every now and then and i download or watch some sometimes. but i dont know which are the new ones. mind giving me the link for the last 2 shows?

the dark knight

^^how the hell wont it matter if i didnt watch them in order? so you're saying now that there's no storylines?! crap, SP had me all fired up and now...:(

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
^^how the hell wont it matter if i didnt watch them in order? so you're saying now that there's no storylines?! crap, SP had me all fired up and now...:(

Wow no need to over exagerate things, i just meant that you will you get the gist of whats happening the storylines are easily to follow and the videowires and announcers do a good job of explaining them, you can miss a show every now and then and you will still basically know whats going on.

Montana

To answer your question a little different to do about 30 some shows per year. So generally they are on Friday and Saturday, back to back in different cities.

Also they have storyliens, but they are longer storylines. LIke a fued can last a year in ROH. You would think something like that would get old fast, but it doesnt. They do a really good job explaining fueds and explaining the product. A lot of the shows are similar to raw, with PPV based matches. Meaning the show will open with promos, to set up the matches. So even if you pick up a old Dvd, it makes complete sense. I started watched maybe 5-6 months ago, here how i would reccommand watching them.

Fifth year festival (New York or Finale) (Feb)

SuperCard of HOnor II (March)

THis Means War or FIghting Spirit (April)

Respect is earned PPV (april - May)

Good Times Great Memories (arpil - may)

- Reborn again (havent watched these yet) and Domination (May June)

I believe all of these are in media. The Japan one has japenese commentary, which i cant stand. So i wouldnt reccommand that til the US verison comes out. And the RTTT (Race to the top tourney) isn't out yet.

======================================================

the dark knight

Haha is this the same TDK that said "ROH fans are fake wrestling fans".
oooooooh, now i know why did you were confused lol. fake = the fans not roh itself lol.

i've told you guys 10000 times before, i enjoy watching roh's matches. its just not something i keep up with daily/weekly/monthly or whatever. know what i mean?

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
oooooooh, now i know why did you were confused lol. fake = the fans not roh itself lol.

i've told you guys 10000 times before, i enjoy watching roh's matches. its just not something i keep up with daily/weekly/monthly or whatever. know what i mean?

I wasn't confused before but now i defiantly am, lol!

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to be soon getting my first ROH shows on DVD. I want to get 5 -7, which ones do you reccomend? Also, which website should I get them off of, since SM video doesn't have ROH vids? Thanks, I'd really like some help with this.

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to be soon getting my first ROH shows on DVD. I want to get 5 -7, which ones do you reccomend? Also, which website should I get them off of, since SM video doesn't have ROH vids? Thanks, I'd really like some help with this.

Bumping my question first, since Angryphilip's question isn't a general question.

That kind of question belongs in the TNA thread as that is where Samoa Joe is now.

Montana

Dude, we can see both threads. Im not an expert at this, but Luke, SP, Rell and others are. The best shows are all a matter of opinion, as to your favorite wrestlers and taste in wrestling. (Hardcore, high flying, tag wrestling) There is also a favorite dvd thread, which has most everyone favs

I'd say

1) Manhattan Mayhem

2) Better than our Best

3) Supercard of Honor II

4) Fifth Year Festival Finale

5) Good TImes great memories.

I'd check the dvd thread though.

Also i think Joe will ultimately stay with TNA, but if he does leave, i could see him show up for the rest of 07 in ROH, then look to debut in the wwe in 08.

Alyssa

Reaction score
I was at Good Times Great Memories. I'm in the second row! Woot. Anyway....

Fifth year festival: finale is definitely worth checking out!

Soulpower

Also, which website should I get them off of, since SM video doesn't have ROH vids?

Get them from ROH.com

They always have great offers (Right now you can buy 2 and get one free) and its gets new DVD's every couple of weeks.