• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Random Indy wrestling talk

Rell

Reaction score
It sucks, he was just breaking out, wrestling Ring Of Honor shows and all. Its a shame, the PWG Championship curse continues.

Montana

Has anyone here seen Kenny Omega? I've been watching him for a couple of weeks, and he's impressed me, I'm surprised I'm getting into him only now.

I've heard a lot about the guy, but havent seen him wrestle.

Not to change the subject, but what do you guys think about FIP? It looks decent. Their shows from 05 featured match such as Danielson vs. CM Punk. Even now they are putting on big main events like Strong vs Aries vs Jerry Lynn! Do you guys purchase their dvds at all? Follow the product. It appears to be really good, i just dont think people follow it.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
I've got three FIP DVD's and I would recommend two of them. Fallout Night 2 is awesome because it has CM Punk vs Homicide in a Falls Count Anywhere, they actually battle into a strip club. The second that I'd recommend would be Bring the Pain because it has Punk vs. Danielson 2 out of 3 falls. The DVD hat I would not recommend it Chasing the Dragon, the crowd is so annoying I had to mute the DVD to even enjoy it.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
Do you guys purchase their dvds at all? Follow the product. It appears to be really good, i just dont think people follow it.

I follow their shows/keep up with what's going on and such. I honestly like FIP, they have had some great matches in the past (Jay & Mark vs. Pondo & Necro Butcher had some good brawls) I buy some of their DVDs when I have extra cash laying around.

JHar888

Reaction score
^ I've heard of FIP. As n00bish as it may sound though, I don't know anything about it except it's somewhat similar to ROH.

Has anyone here seen Kenny Omega? I've been watching him for a couple of weeks, and he's impressed me, I'm surprised I'm getting into him only now.

I know the he was a former WWE Developmental System Champion (OVW, if I recall correctly), but was released by the company shortly after losing the belt. From what I hear, he is talented, but I've never actually seen him.

Sorry to change subjects, but...Does anyone know where Davairi's been? I know he went to Japan recently, but I mean like right after his 90-day no-compete clause ended? What promotions did he appear in? MCW maybe? Just wondering...

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I love FIP, I have about 15 DVD's from them, and I can say that what they're doing is good. My brother is more into it, but I know that it's like the Smackdown if you think of ROH as Raw. (I know, bad analogy) I'd recommend with Malice and Bring the Pain, they have a sale up now. I haven't seen the recent shows, but I've heard that they're all above average.

Sorry to change subjects, but...Does anyone know where Davairi's been? I know he went to Japan recently, but I mean like right after his 90-day no-compete clause ended? What promotions did he appear in? MCW maybe? Just wondering...

Daivari's been in NJPW I think, and he's also wrestled in some midwest indies. He has a younger brother, and he's an up and comer. It looks like he can make a pretty decent name for himself over in Japan.

And back on Kenny Omega, his style mixes in Jujitsu Strikes with nice suplexes and a little bit of flying. I'd definitely keep my eye on him in the next year. But the thing with him is that he's Canadian, and he has to be flown in.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^ Oh I see...are they affiliated?

Yeah, Full Impact Pro is the sister promotion of Ring of Honor.

He has worked for XWA, PCW, Brew City Wrestling, International Wrestling Cartel since being released from WWE and his going to be working in All Japan Pro Wrestling soon.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade