Random Indy wrestling talk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rell

Reaction score
Well, we need something to keep this section active, so any comments on a show/wrestler/anything that doesn't exactly warrant its own thread should be posted here.

I guess I'll start this off, anybody see Chikara King Of Trios 08? I'm on night 3 atm, Night one was pretty much a joke (but entertaining nonetheless) Night 2 was very good ("soul touchaz" stole the show) and hopefully night 3 will top both.

Rell

Reaction score
NOBODY!!??! Well then :sad:

What exactly have you guys seen?

ps, I wanna fuck the BLK Out midget :winky:

Montana

Ehh, havent seen too much of BLKOUT

-I was just talking SP the other day about Chuck Taylor, saying i havent heard much about him. But i guess he's just won titles in CZW and IWA-MS. So it looks like he's back on the right track.

- What are your guys thoughts on Tim Donst? I havent seen much, but what i have i liked.

Rell

Reaction score
Tim Donst is pretty solid, but he's a blackhole. When it comes to being generic, he's top notch. It may be the gimmick, as you cant do much with an Amature Wrestler character, but damn I cant connect with the guy at all. He can take a beating though, I'll give him that. Eddie Kingston almost killed him, and Brodie Lee took his face of with a disgusting Yakuza kick.

Soulpower

Pretty much what Rell said. Donst can take one hell of a beating... That's pretty much the only good thing I can say about him.

And Glacier showing up in CHIKARA=GREATNESS!!!

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
-I was just talking SP the other day about Chuck Taylor, saying i havent heard much about him. But i guess he's just won titles in CZW and IWA-MS. So it looks like he's back on the right track.

Yeah he won the IWA-MS Heavyweight Championship in a 8-man, one night tournament beating Claudio Castagnoli in the finals on May 3rd.. and just last night he won the CZW World Junior Heavyweight Championship from Sabian right after the finals of the Best of the Best tournament (which Sabian won) which was quite stupid imo. I mean what's the put in having Sabian go over in the BOTB just to lose the Jr. Heavyweight title moments later?

Rell

Reaction score
And Glacier showing up in CHIKARA=GREATNESS!!!

:laugh: and that wasn't even the best part of the weekend. Larry Sweeny's "strut-off" with Akeem the African Dream aka One Man Gang, was too damn funny. Also, Los Ice Creams slamming Lince Dorado onto sprinkles was priceless, Leonard F. Chikarason was marking out like the sprinkles were thumbtacs or something. Chikara = good times.

I thought Glacier would at least get a win on night 3 though, jobbing to Vin Gerard is not a good look :smh

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Chuck Taylor is awesome, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him compete in Japan, ROH or PWG by the end of the year. He has the charisma and the skills to go, he just needs the right timing.

Tim Donst is OK in my book. He comes off as generic sometimes like it was said before, but the amateur wrestler thing comes off great sometimes. He could improve in the future, with just more training from Quack.

Soulpower

^^^ The higher ups at ROH aren't fans of Taylor. I remember reading an interview a couple of months back where Chuck mentioned it. He didn't go into detail, but he said had that for some reason he's not liked over there and that he can't see himself working for them.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
^ Yeah I read that interview, I believe he was asked about the current products of WWE, TNA and ROH and he said something a long the lines of... I'm told ROH hates me.

It sucks big time though, because I would love to see Chuck in ROH.

Reaction score
Seems like in my time off from wrestling Chuck Taylor has really been catching fire. I always liked the guy, but now it seems as if he's making a name for himself. Good to see. I'll try and scope out some recent matches he's been in.

Rell

Reaction score
Any word on Kingstons status?

Also, I'm really liking Brodie Lee at the moment, what do you guys think of him?

Soulpower

Also, I'm really liking Brodie Lee at the moment, what do you guys think of him?

Incredibly charismatic, and I enjoy seeing him kick the hell out of people's faces. A rarity because he's 6'7 and works the indy scene. It really wouldn't surprise me to see him get picked up by one of the big two.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I'm wondering if anybody caught the Jerry Springer show with Scotty Vortekz, OMG (not One Man Gang, someone different) and Mickie Knuckles. I'm trying to find a video of it because I missed it because of work.

Also I am a huge Chuck Taylor fan. If I have my way I'll be making the trip out to this Year's Ted Petty Invitational and buying the 2007 one soon hopefully.

Rell

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anybody caught the Jerry Springer show with Scotty Vortekz, OMG (not One Man Gang, someone different) and Mickie Knuckles. I'm trying to find a video of it because I missed it because of work..

ROFL, let me know if you find it.

I always thought Dustin Lee had more of a Jerry Springer look, Mickie Kunckles is a fat white chick, so she fits right in.

Incredibly charismatic, and I enjoy seeing him kick the hell out of people's faces. A rarity because he's 6'7 and works the indy scene. It really wouldn't surprise me to see him get picked up by one of the big two.

Agreed, not only that, but he has the perfect character. WWE should seriously consider picking him up. He may not have the muscle mass they want though, he's powerful, but without his wife beater he looks pretty much out of shape.