Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Santino Marella

Reaction score
You have-ah deal....when I-ah buy dee game-ah, I will message you on-ah dee X-Box Live, and I will beat your-ah silly Randy Ortan in any kind of-ah match you want-ah!!!

Nation

Ill mark if Ted DiBiase is in. But even if he's not ill just make him. Glad Kofi's in. Londrick better fucking be in the game though. They have been left out for far to long.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ that they have and they are surprising this year with a more up to date roster than ever and with Kendrick getting pushed i think he has a chance of making it but i dont know about london. And Nation in the countdown try and put up the friday night fights, i dont know if you did but i didnt see it in any of your posts

The Rated R CMStar

I hope THE Brian Kendrick is in. I don't want Brian Kendrick though

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

The Brian Kendrick will most likely be a dlc.

Nation

Orton has the stalking version of the RKO also. His entrance has been praised as being "PSYCHOTIC ". Last things to note are THQ is trying to get more than 6 people in the ring and create a finisher can't end in a submission.

PeepShow

Benjamin getting pyro in his entrance but Kofi not getting any kind of angers me.

Kassidy

Reaction score
wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2009-20080909020356146_640w.jpg

SVR 09: Road to WrestleMania Info
We've got the first details, screens, and video.
by Greg Miller

September 9, 2008 - Let's be frank: the single-player career in WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008 wasn't that great. WrestleMania was in the same city every year, the storyline repeated, and characters were forced into situations that they'd never be in on the show so the players never felt like they were actually walking in that Superstar's boots.

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 is looking to change all that with Road to WrestleMania.

Rather than have a mode that drops whatever character you pick into an incredibly generalized, vanilla story, THQ and Yukes have created six completely original, character-specific storylines for you to tackle this year. Pick up your controller, and you can take on the show-to-show life of Triple H, CM Punk, Undertaker, John Cena, Chris Jericho, or the tag team of Batista and Rey Mysterio.

As you play these storylines, you'll have to deal with fights breaking out backstage, the McMahons interfering, your friends turning on you and more. There will even be optional match objectives -- such as beating someone in a certain amount of time or putting them through a table -- that will unlock SVR 09 bonus content such as hidden characters, new environments, and new match types.

"We really wanted Road to WrestleMania Mode to differentiate itself from Exhibition matches," said Justin Leeper, THQ designer. "Though they all have their own vibe, each story promises plenty of twists and turns while staying true to the characters players follow every Monday, Tuesday and Friday night as part of WWE programming."

Leeper said that the fully voiced cutscenes that drive the tales make up about two and half hours of the -- roughly -- 14 hours it'll take you to play through all six stories. Of course, that overall time estimate doesn't include the multiple paths and multiple endings.

"We've worked hard to make everything look, sound and feel like you're a part of WWE programming," Leeper said. "It's the little details, such as match-specific commentary and end-of-show trademark graphics, which we think hardcore WWE fans will appreciate."

Sounds cool, no? Well, we'll have a full-fledged hands-on preview going up next Monday, but today's announcement is also going to be reflected in the IGN SmackDown Countdown, which is where we reveal a SVR 09 Superstar every day. Starting tomorrow -- Wednesday, September 10 -- the Countdown will begin profiling the seven Superstars from Road to WrestleMania and giving you video snippets of their storyline in addition to their traditional Countdown vid.

super restricted in Road to WM :( no Orton or HBK or DX or edge or hardys