Official WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Gamefly recently sent out a message regarding Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 to their mobile users. Here's what they sent:

While on hand for another UFC press conference in So-Cal, the game which is slated to be released a month from tomorrow, Cory Ledesma(who is not a part of the production team resposible for the new UFC title, but is apart of THQ) was asked about the up coming WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 game by interviewer Jason Powell. Ledesma had the following to say:

"Well, Im on hand as a guest. I knew I'd have to address this question sooner or later. Me and the team have been trying to lurk in the dark, trying to avoid it. But I'll let you guys in. Before though, be sure to download the new update roster pack for WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 from the Live Market and PSN. You are now able to compete as legendary superstars and tag team: Doink The Clown, The Bushwackers, Earthquake, and none other than Vader! And for you Legend hungry fans out there, you are now able to Relive, Rewrite and Redefine the greatest Wrestlemania moments in history with the new WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania game, out now for the PS3 and Xbox360. When it boils down to the up coming WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 game not much can be obviously said at the moment. Our last game, 2009, is still hot right now. We've just released new content for it and we also have the Legends game which is selling great and is receiving rave reviews. We understand that our fans are hungry, but we must be patient. The up coming game has been in development for quite some time, though. We actually started it while we were in the middle of developing 2009! We've yet to do that with ANY Smackdown Vs Raw franchise. All I can say is that when it comes to comparison, Grand Theft Auto 4, which we have no relation too ofcourse, was a great game, and it redefined gaming in that genre and also set a new sub par for the franchise! But with Smackdown vs Raw 2009 being the blow off to an incredible journey we've had since 2006, we will now soon enter a new era.

I think sd vs raw 2010 will be the best wrestling ever made. And apparently it will feature something never done before on a wrestling game.

LKP

Me also. Ive completed 09 downloaded everything but still i got caw moves missing?

Hometown Kid

Aw, this shit happens every year. As soon as things start bubbling up about the new one everyone's like "this game's gonna be freaking awesome~!" and then when it comes out people are disappointed. The franchise as a whole is always going to be fun to play, but I doubt it'll be a huge improvement over 09, except in the PS2 era the first 2 games were largely the same as the PS1 games and then HCTP came out and owned everything. So i'm actually thinking they're gonna deliver with 2010. A legitimate career mode would be huge. A revitalised GM mode wouldn't hurt either with a "custom arena" option of some sort and more customizable storyline direction.

LKP

I want a custom arena and proper story mode this year. Plus revamp the create an entrance setting. Its a bt to basic at the moment. Plus make your own lighting and music in time with it. Like ortons theme the background beat goes off and white strobe lights occur when it does. It is wishful thinking but hey they should give us what we want right?

This Guy

intresting glitch

maybe its not a glitch but I'm not sure how this happened. as we know when the 2nd Roster Update was added they also added a 3rd download to allow you to use guys from both the 1st and 2nd Roster downloads online. I downloaded it since I already had the 1st one (w/Dibiase, Haas, Crazy etc) but I didn't have enough points to download the 2nd roster pack (w/Vader, Earthquake, Doink & Bushwachers) yet I can play and use Vader. Has anyone else on 360 noticed this same glitch? Also anyone on PS3 noticed this at all?

Nation

I don't have any of the packs but when I downloaded the free pack and I got a bunch of costumes from the DLC. I enjoy having Masked Kane. Also where the hell is wwe logo in caw?

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
intresting glitch

maybe its not a glitch but I'm not sure how this happened. as we know when the 2nd Roster Update was added they also added a 3rd download to allow you to use guys from both the 1st and 2nd Roster downloads online. I downloaded it since I already had the 1st one (w/Dibiase, Haas, Crazy etc) but I didn't have enough points to download the 2nd roster pack (w/Vader, Earthquake, Doink & Bushwachers) yet I can play and use Vader. Has anyone else on 360 noticed this same glitch? Also anyone on PS3 noticed this at all?

I got that as well on my 360. I was like "Wait, I didn't download pack 2."