Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Godfather

Reaction score
http://youtube.com/watch?v=esl3xuYs9pE

Here's also a "Making Of" video.

EDIT: So far these are the confirmed talent for the game:

Kurt Angle
Samoa Joe
Aj Styles
Christian Cage
Homocide
Hernandez
Jeff Jarrett
Eric Young
Sting
Scott Steiner
Rhino

Also there are 2 new screens of Rhino and Jeff Jarrett
Jarrett:
933905_20071012_screen002.jpg

Rhino:
933905_20071012_screen001.jpg

Kassidy

Reaction score
Gameplay looks pretty shit and thats what i feared when i read arcade style play, tisk tisk, looks great but the way it ways playing it looked gay as hell sorry to say but i hate arcade games.

Soulpower

Gameplay looks pretty shit and thats what i feared when i read arcade style play, tisk tisk, looks great but the way it ways playing it looked gay as hell sorry to say but i hate arcade games.

That's funny, seeing as how the SD series has been delivering shitty gameplay, outdated rosters, attire and entrance for years now and people LOVE the SD series.

JHar888

Reaction score
Hopefully this game will have a super updated TNA Roster. Where can I find the roster?

EDIT - Oh, I see. Silly me! :)

Kassidy

Reaction score

That's funny, seeing as how the SD series has been delivering shitty gameplay, outdated rosters, attire and entrance for years now and people LOVE the SD series.

did u watch the vids at all? yea game play in SD series isnt the best but what i just watched looked not even half as good, and the SD has been updating its game play and this years svr 08 gameplay is kinda cool. I have been playing the demo. but come on the way the land drop kicks and the way everything looked game play wise i didnt like, but that my opinion, gfx wise it looks awesome but thats it.

PeepShow

^Are you kidding me. Did you watch that reverse DDT after a dive from the top rope. It was fluid as fuck. You couldnt get any better than that. I dont get what you arent liking about it other than the fact it may be TNA

JHar888

Reaction score
It says that 25 superstars have been confirmed. We know that all the guys The Godfather mentioned will be on there, then we have Senshi and Christopher Daniels. But who are the other 12?

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ wrong i like tna, aj is the shit, but yea the moves during the lil clips where nice but the sim between christian and joe the gameplay blew but again imo, controls seemed to be a bit arcadey, and joe and christian had the same damn moves the whole match, joe and a small diff punch and everything else was the same during the sim

Reaction score
The gameplay clip was actually better than expected, but I still have a few concerns. Joe gets the win with a hip toss? Also, I really hope that the match went at least 10 minutes. I'm not going to argue that the gameplay didn't look EXTREMELY realistic and fluid, but if its too easy to win a match it'll be all for nothing.

For my money, when Fire Pro Returns hits the states, it'll be the best wrestling game this year. I guess we'll have to wait and see if iMPACT! can live up to the expectations.

Reaction score
New video of Sting vs. Angle.
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/933905/6180965/tna-impact-gameplay-demo-video-feature-1

This video also shows some of the loading screens, menu's and wrestler selection screens. My only prob is its outdatedness and short entrances, but if the gameplay is like No Mercy and has the collision of the Day of Reckoning series then im good. Still surprises the shit out of me that this is already 60% complete.

Kassidy

Reaction score
umm does everyone have the same moves? lol game play looks the same for everyone and since when does kurt do a headscissors. game play is to arcade style, this reminds me of the raw games for xbox, looks good but doesnt play great. i think they need a better company to make this game instead of midway, somewhere maybe like EA or another company that do sim sports game and not arcade games like blitz

Soulpower

For my money, when Fire Pro Returns hits the states, it'll be the best wrestling game this year.

Bolded for TRUTH!!!