Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

^^thats so true too. I mean if all that was scheduled for Spring 08 what did they do for 3 months? Take out features?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I'm gonna keep it short.

My birthday is next month, so should I ask my moms to get the game for me or not?

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^^ lol, that funny as hell, its funny they did that, i thought at first it was cuz i was throw into them but even if you run at them you hurt yourself.

Soulpower

A friend of mine rented the game, and I swear we spent about 15 minutes just tripping our characters over the steps.

And weren't there supposed to be "over 2000 moves" in the game? Hell, I didn't even see the Anklelock in the game.

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea, plus everyone only had one finisher and they were all front grabs pretty much tna finishers = wwe caf with less move :)

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
the stairs thing makes sense..if you run in to stairs would you not trip or get hurt...on the wwe games you run in to them nothing happens..at least on 08...and a few others but hey I gotta compare it to WWE...what will happen on 09 with the steps...probably nothing but idk..

I mean really most people hate it cause it didn't give you everything you wanted....Now yes it came up way short of being the best wrestling game ever but its no where NO WHERE near the worst wrestling game ever..

This Guy

I agree that running into steps would cause you to trip, but if this game is suposed to have smarter AI, shouldn't the computer guys avoid running into the steps? I mean yeah I did it a couple times by mistake, but thats human error, the computer should know the difference.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Some times you trick them in to it...I know its lame but I do it sometimes slide in run and then jump out on to them...I like it cause it helps me do more damage lol..

But I understand your point that it could be a way better game and I agree 100% I only disagree on the fact you say it sucks cause IMO it does not suck..Its a fun game...Play with some friends or something its pretty fun...Play online if u haven't...Its fun as long as the other person does not quit...I hate people who di that...but yeah anyway...do some of that if u haven't

Qwake

Well I will be renting it soon and playing it the rest of the day so I will tell you all what I think when I am done :D

The Rated R CMStar

It's not a fun game. You repeat the same move over and over again. I swear to god in one match with Sting I did nothing else but Chokeslams, and I tried to do all different combinations of Power attacks.

But I have to give it to the game, some aspects of it are kinda fun. I like that in Free for All, the third man can break up anything you do to the other opponent, however, the lack of moves is plain of bad.

Also, why on Earth does TNA think I would like to unlock the mexican jobbers I played against on the beginning of Story

chessarmy

Also, why on Earth does Midway think I would like to unlock the mexican jobbers I played against on the beginning of Story

fixed.

Anyway, the game is pretty bad. I rented it today, the AI is stupid and I have to agree with you guys about the moves. They are very repetitive, and every wrestler just feels the same. It completely takes away the individuality of each guy, instead they are only different because of their finishers.

Also, the story mode is just plain bad. I wanted an actual season mode where I can get the feeling of being an actual TNA wrestler. Instead I have to make a CAW with like 2 moves as I unlock wrestlers that have absolutely NOTHING to do with TNA.

fuck this

Qwake

I actually find the game pretty fun at some stages. Yeah in one match you do alot of the same moves but its alright if you choose different guys each time (apart from story mode which the matches get a little boring). The 2 player matches are what I find fun to play, its quite competitive and you have alot of new guys to use because its not just all the same WWE guys which we play with in those games. The story mode is alright but it gets really boring after a while but I am still trying to finish it to get all the other locked wrestlers (I want Abyss and Jarrett!). I would actually buy this game just to have some fun 2 player matches but they don't have enough in Exhibition mode, all they really have is singles, tag and Ultimate X (Ultimtae X owns), if they had a few more like Ladder and Steel cage I would most likely buy the game. Hell, I would buy it just to continue using Shark Boy :shifty: The game isn't great but they nailed the graphics of the game for sure! If they make another which they will it should be better, pretty good if you ask me but alot could be improved.

Also SP, tripping over the steel steps owns!!! Its a shame Eric young done it about 5 times against LAX when he had to team with me. One last thing, the move where you springboard off the ropes it AWESOME :)

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah that move is Awesome..

and online is a blast and playing with friends at your house is pretty cool also..

But hopefully it does get better.