Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I don't see how anyone can judge a game before its even released..

I've seen games that looked like they would suck and turned out to be real great and games that looked real great turned out to suck...

Bottom Line don't judge something until you try it...I'm gonna get this game then judge it...If it sucks I always got a Gamestop to trade it in to..plus its not my money I'm spending on it lol.

But I'm thinking not saying it is..but I think its gonna be a good game.

Dre

Reaction score
I was only going to buy this game for 3 reasons.

1. I wanted to play another game with different gamplay system. I was tired of using the same type of moves and shit in the game like on SVR.

2. Different types of good matches.

3. Online Play. Since I suck on SVR Online, I wanted to see if I can do better using that Online play.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I don't see how anyone can judge a game before its even released..

I've seen games that looked like they would suck and turned out to be real great and games that looked real great turned out to suck...

Bottom Line don't judge something until you try it...I'm gonna get this game then judge it...If it sucks I always got a Gamestop to trade it in to..plus its not my money I'm spending on it lol.

But I'm thinking not saying it is..but I think its gonna be a good game.

So you're going to go buy it despite the fact that the features listed pretty much mean that the only thing that can save this game is the gameplay (which hasn't really been described)?

You're going to take a risk and buy a game for $60 and if you don't like it you'll trade it in for what, maybe $20 at most? That would mean that you essentially rented that game for $40. Why would you do that when you can go to Blockbuster and rent it for $7?

Whether it's your money or not, that's stupid. If you can make more responsible decisions maybe the person buying it for you may give you a little more respect.

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea im just renting it from gamefly if i like it that much ill just hit the keep it button and they charge me the difference

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So you're going to go buy it despite the fact that the features listed pretty much mean that the only thing that can save this game is the gameplay (which hasn't really been described)?

You're going to take a risk and buy a game for $60 and if you don't like it you'll trade it in for what, maybe $20 at most? That would mean that you essentially rented that game for $40. Why would you do that when you can go to Blockbuster and rent it for $7?

Whether it's your money or not, that's stupid. If you can make more responsible decisions maybe the person buying it for you may give you a little more respect.

Well for one our closet Blockbusters now is WAY on the other side of town...ok.....see I like wrestling games...I've heard people complan about 08 but to me its a great wrestling game...As long as I can fight and do matches IDC if this is not on there or thats not on there or you can only be a CAW in storymode since I do that anyway half the time....So I mean it does not matter to me...I've played bootleg wrestling games and liked them..

You remember this game

powermoveprowrestlingntscfrontpa4.jpg

no gameplay what so ever no one even real what so ever but I liked it because I like wrestling video games..so thats my point here...

dstebbins

Reaction score
Well for one our closet Blockbusters now is WAY on the other side of town...ok.....see I like wrestling games...I've heard people complan about 08 but to me its a great wrestling game...As long as I can fight and do matches IDC if this is not on there or thats not on there or you can only be a CAW in storymode since I do that anyway half the time....So I mean it does not matter to me...I've played bootleg wrestling games and liked them..

You remember this game

powermoveprowrestlingntscfrontpa4.jpg

no gameplay what so ever no one even real what so ever but I liked it because I like wrestling video games..so thats my point here...

You are definitely one of the most shallow gamers I have ever heard of. Judging a game by its genre is worse than judging a game by its graphics.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I'm not really judging it yet...I said I think it might be good...

Everyone else has basically said its gonna suck..But I was saying I have like any type of wrestling game I've played before...from that one I posted to them little crappy looking wrestling games....I just like wrestling games and if that makes me shallow then oh well.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I would say it does because I have played some shitty wrestling games (WCW Mayhem anyone?) and I don't like something just because it's a wrestling game. If a person who likes musical timing games like Guitar Hero was like you, that would mean they would automatically like Singstar and DDR. I love Guitar Hero and Rock Band is cool too, but I wouldn't even touch either one of the other too.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I never got to play Mayham lol..

But I mean I just like wrestling games some I've not liked maybe as much but I still like em...Same with racing games I mean I hate F1 but loved the game...

But I'm saying don't say it sucks before you even play it..

chessarmy

^ actually, I can say that the game is going to suck. Why? Because I know what to expect, and I know it isn't going to be anything special.

Nation

You wanna know why the TNA game will suck? Here's a list of reasons

1.You have to be a caw in season mode.
2.No titles
3.Very limited move set
4.Only one weapon
5.You can't make non tna wrestlers as a CAW
6.No tag team matches/moves
7.Only finishers from the front
8.The referee counted when there was a submission.
9.Only 5 caw slots.
10.Movesets can not be edited

There's more reasons as well.

Still gonna get it though when it drops to 30 or 20 bucks.

Dre

Reaction score
I can live with #1. I like playing storymode with my own player. Even though I was planning on using Homicide in storymode.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I do that already
2.No titles
Meh so what I'll be having to much fun playing the storymode.
3.Very limited move set
ok that kinda sucks but hey its there first game
4.Only one weapon
I rarely use wepons so no big deal for me
Again I always make myself and maybe a few other people
Ok that kinda sucks but then again ok...unless my cousins are over I wouldn't do that anyway
Meh so what I can live with that it does suck thought
I've yet to see this but some submissions can be pinfalls like Figure Four
9.Only 5 caw slots.
Ok lets see
Me
Cousin Nick
Cousin Steven
Best Friend Dillon
I don't even need 5 lol
Hmmm wasn't games like this back in the day..

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Yeah games were like that back in the day, but we as humans use a law of nature called "evolution." How can they leave so much out when they are rivaling the Smackdown! series. You could ask a 5-year old what they want out of a wrestling game after they've played any recent Smackdown game...base it on what he says and it would still have better features than the TNA game. It's like Midway and TNA only care that it looks like TNA.

chessarmy

I do that already
2.No titles
Meh so what I'll be having to much fun playing the storymode.
3.Very limited move set
ok that kinda sucks but hey its there first game
4.Only one weapon
I rarely use wepons so no big deal for me
Again I always make myself and maybe a few other people
Ok that kinda sucks but then again ok...unless my cousins are over I wouldn't do that anyway
Meh so what I can live with that it does suck thought
I've yet to see this but some submissions can be pinfalls like Figure Four
9.Only 5 caw slots.
Ok lets see
Me
Cousin Nick
Cousin Steven
Best Friend Dillon
I don't even need 5 lol
Hmmm wasn't games like this back in the day..

You can make all the excuses that you want, but there is no denying that the TNA iMPACT! Videogame is a disappointment