Official TNA iMPACT Video Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

cdgfx84

Reaction score
if ps2 has no caws will the story mode be the same minus the caw aspect of it if so that would be pretty lame i will be gettin it on 360 but i kno quite a few who will get it on ps2

Weebo

Reaction score
Hey just want to let you guys know if you have Verizon Wireless you guys can download the Mobile TNA Game

PeepShow

Here's the official commercial that will be airing on major networks soon.

[yt]Ue-TqmP6I_g[/yt]

Hometown Kid

Pretty cool commercial...I don't like the tagline at the end, "it's so intense you'll feel pain" but other than that it was pretty cool with AJ and Kurt...>_>

chessarmy

Here is some footage from the story mode. Unfortunately you can only be a CAW in this mode, which sucks imo. Anyway, here it is:

[YT]ffUrKNh4scg[/YT]

Reaction score
I just put a deposit down on this and im so excited. When does it come out, again?

As for preorder i have a question. GameStop told me to put down a deposit of 5 bucks, so i was just like, fuck this, I'll do it. Can i pay the rest when i go get the game? Or do i have to pay it all before?

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
You can pay it when you pick it up or before, whichever is more convenient to you. All the $5 down does is guarantee that there will be a copy for you to buy. This game isn't really one I'd worry about pre-ordering anyways. I doubt it will sell out. That's not a jab either.

Mmmmmmmm.....you smell like bananas.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
to me the CAW stuff don't matter seeing as I am usely a CAW anyway in storymode...To me thats better cause you have a chance to be like a real superstar and all that and work your way up and grow your superstar.

chessarmy

Okay, after reading the Q and A on IGN.com, I have come to the conclusion that I am only going to rent this game from gamefly. For those who don't know, this is what made me come to this conclusion:

Lack of match types

The only weapon you can use is a steel chair

There isn't even a referee in the ring

Some wrestlers use submissions as a finisher, and in this game some of those submissions count as a pin...wtf?

Only 1 vs 1 online play

no Six Sides of Steel, and I don't even think their is a KOTM

only 4 people can be in the ring at once

only a 25 man roster

One of the unlockable characters is a fucking boxer from some other Midway game :nonono:

No Petey Williams or Kaz, although they will probably be available through downloadable content...I doubt that will be free

10 second entrances

no actual season mode, instead we get a Russo written story mode where you can only be a CAW

So there you go, they answered basically every question with "no" or "We'll think about it for the sequel", its stupid. They are basically putting out a demo and expecting people to pay 60 bucks for it. I understand that its their first game, but the severe lack of features makes this game a complete waste of time and money. I'll rent it, but thats about it.

Instead, I'll be smart and save my hard earned money for 3 awesome games, WWE Smackdown! vs RAW 2009, NHL 09, and Gears of War 2

Qwake

Damn, now that I think about it this game could really suck!!! It will be nice for a change of wrestlers and a new match in Ultimate X but thats it, everything else sounds TERRIBLE! Chessarmy, you are one SMART person, rent and test it and buy those other games which will be AWESOME :y:

J

Okay, after reading the Q and A on IGN.com, I have come to the conclusion that I am only going to rent this game from gamefly. For those who don't know, this is what made me come to this conclusion:

Lack of match types

Their isn't even a referee in the ring

Some wrestlers use submissions as a finisher, and in this game some of those submissions count as a pin...wtf?

Only 1 vs 1 online play

only a 25 man roster

One of the unlockable characters is a fucking boxer from some other Midway game :nonono:

No Petey Williams or Kaz, although they will probably be available through downloadable content...I doubt that will be free

10 second entrances

no actual season mode, instead we get a Russo written story mode where you can only be a CAW

So there you go, they answered basically every question with "no" or "We'll think about it for the sequel", its stupid. They are basically putting out a demo and expecting people to pay 60 bucks for it. I understand that its their first game, but the severe lack of features makes this game a complete waste of time and money. I'll rent it, but thats about it.

Instead, I'll be smart and save my hard earned money for 3 awesome games, WWE Smackdown! vs RAW 2009, NHL 09, and Gears of War 2

What about Star Wars. I played the demo for that game and almost creamed. I throw a storm trooper from one side of the map to the other. Amazing shit. but yea as for the game kinda disappointed. I downloaded a video of the game play on 360 and it looked to me like they made a few caws on No Mercy and tried to sell it as a game. Sad imo.

Kassidy

Reaction score

Lack of match types

Their isn't even a referee in the ring

Only 1 vs 1 online play

only a 25 man roster

10 second entrances

hahahahaha I have been right since day one and like you i will rent it from gamefly

cdgfx84

Reaction score

Lack of match types

There isn't even a referee in the ring

Only 1 vs 1 online play

only a 25 man roster

10 second entrances

thata why you won't see a demo released on marketplace there just hoping tna and midway fans will buy it on name alone