• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official NCAA Football Discussion Thread

AquaMan

theres always gonna be those usc bandwagons i feel bad for the real usc fans ..... watch the bama auburn game we see what happens this time

Travis40

Okay...here's why I think OU will go all the way this year.

8/30 vs. Chattanooga (DII team)...no way OU is losing in Norman to a Division 2 team.

9/06 vs. Cincinatti...I see OU getting into some early trouble into this game, but beating Cincy by 25 points.

9/13 at. Washington...I see OU just beating the hell out of Washington like they did 2 years ago...and OU was shit that year (9-4)

9/27 vs. TCU...no way that OU is making the mistake they made in 2005 against TCU by thinking that TCU isn't shit...TCU won 17-14 against OU...that was their last home loss...I don't see TCU doing anything here.

10/04 at Baylor...OU is 11-0 vs Baylor....there's no way that Baylor is ever going to beat OU...or anyone else in the Big 12 for that matter

10/11 vs. Texas (in Dallas)...I'm not sure how good Texas is this year, but if they play like they did last year, they have a great chance of beating OU

10/18 vs. Kansas...I've heard Kansas isn't as good as last year,and last year I still don't think KU could've beaten OU

10/25 at Kansas State...If OU doesn't take this team seriously, it's gonna be a bad day....but I think OU's walking out of Manhattan with a win to stay undefeated.

11/01 vs. Nebraska...I see OU getting upset here by a good NU team...that would put OU to 8-1...OU would need alot more upsets to get back to #1 but I think they can do it.

11/08 at Texas A&M...OU needs to do everything they can to beat the Aggies, especially at Kyle Field....it seems that every year that this is a close game in College Statiion, but not Norman. OU's gonna go to 9-1 after this.

11/22 vs. Texas Tech...OU lost to Tech last year to a couple bullshit calls, plus our starter went down in the 1st quarter trying to tackle someone...enter a QB who's only had a couple snaps all year...you get disaster.

11/29 at Oklahoma State...OU's not losing to OSU this year, no way..last time OU lost to OSU was 2002. OSU is shit this year...no way...no way...no way. OU goes 11-1

12/06 Big XII Championship (Kansas City)...it'll either be KU or Mizzou from the Big XII North, and OU goes undefeated in Big XII South play...they're automatically in the XII Championship. I say OU rolls over either team (OU beat #1 Mizzou by 21 points last year in the Champ game).

OU gets National Championship bid....they lose....maybe...or they win :g:...we'll see.

J

Wait you trying to say I'm a bandwagon Ohio fan. I've been a fan for almost 10 years. The fact is I hate Michigan and everything in it and since I love Ohio of course I'm a fan.

Travis40

Fav Teams: Ohio State (no bandwagon) and North Carolina
Damn out of all the QB's you guys forgot about Graham Harrell of Texas Tech. He's the reason why Michael Crabtree gets Heisman recognition.
I'm expecting the best from Ohio State this year. I have a feeling that the USC bandwagons are coming this year. Joe McKnight is BAD MAN!

Damn, you're right, he's a great QB, almost as good as Tebow imo

gamebreaker

wow, georgia is ranked #1 in the country this year according to the florida today newspaper.
they should be a solid team this year.

PeepShow

If you don't KNOWshon Moreno, you should. HA, SEE WHAT I DID RIGHT THERE?

:eek:

He is a beast. Right behind Chris Wells if not ahead as the best back in the country. That cat is quick.

EDIT- Oklahoma dismisses touted freshman

LMAO.gif
Tarvis

JJdaBuckeye

fav team is ohio state

everything for tOSU and USC and even, to some degree, college football this season depends on that game. If tOSU wins then, barring a loss to Illinois (I'm guessing that there wont be a repeat of last year, and that we'll win dominatly) or Wisconsin (Yeah Wisconsin. I'm picking them to be one of the top Big Ten teams, probably #2, and top 25 rank) theywill go to the title game, results may vary there. If they lose, theyll remain ranked, but probably Rose Bowl.

I honestly hope that pryor doesnt start this year. hes good, but from everything thas been said, he might not be mature enough to come in and start his freshman year. hopefully Boeckman will be able to handle the pressure this year, and do better. with a heisman favorite chris wells, and probably one of the best, if not the best, defenses in the country, Ohio State will lose 0-1 games. This year im thinking either Rose Bowl or Nat. Champ., and if its the latter, it wont be a repeat of the last 2 years

Travis40

The dismissal of wide receiver Josh Jarboe came after the player appeared in a 74-second, profanity-laced video in which he rapped about guns and shooting people. The video is circulating on the Internet and appears to have been filmed in a university athletic dormitory.

:rofl: I really didn't hear about him and I don't really care because OU still has tons of great receivers.....

Travis40

BTW, sorry for the double post...

Has anyone seen the new rules for this season? 40 second play clock? Every facemask is 15 yards? No sideline warnings? When someone runs out of bounds, the clock stops UNTIL the ball is ready for play? Those things are a bunch of shit...

OU has like 40 fucking sideline warnings a game...the 15 yard facemask will be easier on the refs...but that's just shit imo. Same with the out of bounds...what if it's late in the game and you have to stop the clock?

Travis40

Yeah, the 25 second clock fucking owned. I'm probably going to a copule OU games in Norman this year (vs. Kansas, vs. Nebraska) and I'm gonna buy the OU/Chattanooga game on Saturday. The only thing that should hold them back this year is their defense.

gamebreaker

If any of you guys watched some of the Oregon St. @ Stanford game, they have a great Running Back and he was bursting through the Oregon St. Defense. His name is Toby Gerhart and he can run. I think he's a Junior but if he does well this year, I could see him win the Heisman this year...

Wordlife

lol... I hope Illni is good this year... the Juice is gonna be a decent QB I hope... but my pick is Ohio State too.. their my fave team for college