• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Official MLB Discussion Thread

PeepShow

All-star balloting is already open? :lmao

We aren't even 3 weeks into the season.

The fish have an impressive start for sure, but they have played 2 series against the awful Nationals, and 1 series against the Braves. They just finished getting swept by the Pirates, and their next three series are Phillies, Mets, and Cubs. I wouldn't get too excited just yet. I imagine that record is going to plummet quite rapidly over the next week.

Chen should change his name to Chen Ming Bomb cause that is what he looks like so far. What happened to the early nineties/late eighties Yankees that built players like Jeter? That process seemed to work fine. Not that I care, can't stand the Bankees anyway.

On a side note, LOL, the Yankees are down 14-2 and it's only in the third... Money can't buy everything.

Ain't that the truth. Preach brother.

Alfonso Soriano is knocking the cover off the ball and doing a great job leading off for the Cubs this year. Had some clutch at bats against my favorite club (Cardinals) as much as I hate it, but hey, I gotta give the guy props.

Brian Barton traded for some terrible right handed relief pitcher...what the fuck? I just vomited in my mouth a little bit. I understand we have a plethora of outfielders with speed and youth. I understand we don't really need MORE of it. But trade for something that is actually worth a damn instead of ANOTHER terrible reliever. Hell, every game the Cardinals have lost this year with the exception of one has been due to our closer blowing a great game. Trade Barton for a closer perhaps? Nah. We don't need that.

God I love Baseball season.

Millzy Pt. 2

Your Pirates look young, but impressive thus far. Getting swept tends to make people less apt to talk I suppose.
Seems like I'm gonna voting my ass off for Nate McLouth to get into the All-Star game. I might as well start up early anyways when we're not even three weeks into the regular season already.

Out of respect for the game, I'm gonna force myself to wait longer, but I'll be sure to get my votes in for Pujols and Ludwick again this year. I may just have to do some inter NL Central voting for Nate, Alfonso, and Votto as well if they continue their torrid paces. Did I mention I love this game?

MJ807

I admit the Pirates are a good team and it's very humbling to be swept but we're still 11 - 4 and are half a game up on the rest of the league.

Enigma22

^i wouldnt say that the pirates are a good team. they are hot right now tho. they probably wont even end up .500 imo.

MikeRaw

Jays will try to make it 12-5 tonight, winning their 5th straight series.

Travis40

Jays will try to make it 12-5 tonight, winning their 5th straight series.

Beating Millwood will be a tough task for the Jays. Beating the Rangers' pen....not so much.

I'm guessing the Jays will win 12-4

MikeRaw

Lol, I was thinking more like 5-4 for the Jays. I think 12-4 is a bit much, lol.
Man, one thing that this series has had though, is two great second basemen. Kinsler for you guys, and Aaron Hill on the Jays. He's pretty underrated, but he's one of the best defenseive 2B guys, and awesome offensively. He missed almost all of last year, but the year before that had 18 HR's, and has 5 already this year.

MikeRaw

Hell yeah Jays! First team since 2003 to win their first 5 series of the years. 12-5 now. Bring on the White Sox.

lol at Mike talking to himself in this thread. Jays are my team as well, but I haven't really been following much yet. With hockey and basketball playoffs on, and the fact that it's the first month of 162 game season, I find it hard to get to interested at this point. It's great that they are off to a good start though, but with the Yankees and Redsox in their division, I just don't see them getting into the playoffs. Thankfully I have a backup team in the Detroit Tigers. lol I see them picking it up this year and being a real threat to win the world series.

Enigma22

tigers probably wont do shit this year. pretty much definitely wont make the playoffs.

jays are looking good but like u said, NY and boston will eventually get hot and the jays will cool off.