Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Surprised there wasn't one already stickied. Anyways, put all your thoughts and predictions about the MLB in here.

I laughed yesterday when Mike Hampton was supposed to make his first start in over 2 years, and couldn't even make it out of his warm-up bullpen session before he hurt himself again. I kinda pity the guy. :eek:

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
he was pretty good when he was with the rockies. once he left, nothing but bad news.

Brewers are gonna win their division.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I felt horrible for Hampton when I saw that. He's got a lot of talent and seems like a nice guy, I really liked him when he was with the Rockies, so I feel terrible for him now.

I'm really looking foward to watching the Indians all year long. I think this is really going to be a fune year to watch them, I've been happy with what I've seen so far out of them.

PeepShow

Yeah, Hampton was a beast only a few years back. The guy was the total package as a pitcher. He could dominate on the mound, had great control, and was one of, if not the best hitting pitcher in the game. Quite the combo that made him one of the best in the game.

Did anyone see that story on that eagle in Fenway Park yesterday? A middle school class was taking a tour of the stadium, and an eagle clawed a girl in the back on the head w/ the talons. It just so happened that the girls name was Alexa Rodriguez and she is 13 yrs old. (13 in A-Rod's Number).

Quite the story I must say.....

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
anyone follow the twins? how does their pitching look this year?

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Depends on how Liriano pitches. Obviously losing Santana isn't going to help things. They should be a decent team, they always have a lot of nice young talent. Pitching should be alrigh though. I'd expect 3rd/4th in the Central given how difficult of a division it is.

MoKuJoN

Reaction score
i know liriano is still in the minors but when they call him up think he'll be pretty good again. or do you think it will take another year to get back in the swing of things?

JJdaBuckeye

Reaction score
i think that the Red's Johnny Cueto could be the next Roger Clemons/ Nolan Ryan. I mean, his pitching debut he walks none, 1 hit, 1 run, 10 STRIKEOUTS, and like 7 or 8 innings. If the rest of our ptichers were half as good as he will be in 10 years then the Red's would be playoff contenders

PeepShow

i think that the Red's Johnny Cueto could be the next Roger Clemons/ Nolan Ryan. I mean, his pitching debut he walks none, 1 hit, 1 run, 10 STRIKEOUTS, and like 7 or 8 innings. If the rest of our ptichers were half as good as he will be in 10 years then the Red's would be playoff contenders

Thank you. IDK that I would go quite that far yet, but he did look damn impressive. Hope he can keep it up.

Oh, and Jeff Brantley can go suck a cock. The other night, he said Edwin Encarnacion is not a clutch player, and the very next pitch he hits a walk off homer and the Reds won. I just laughed my ass off at how stupid that made him look.

Oh, and Paul Bako just singled in the winning run for the Reds about 10 min ago. Reds Win! :happybday:

MRC

Reaction score
NL East: Phillies
NL Central: Brewers
NL West: Rockies
NL Wild Card: Cubs

AL East: Red Sox
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Mariners
AL Wild Card: Yankees

those are my picks

HHHforever

Reaction score
i know liriano is still in the minors but when they call him up think he'll be pretty good again. or do you think it will take another year to get back in the swing of things?

Liriano is a tremendous talent, no doubt about it. However his arm motion has always concerned me. I think he's going to be one of those guys that has tremendous talent, but is stuck on IR a lot. He definitely has a lot of skill, I don't think it will take him that long to jump back into things if his arm is 100% healthy. If not then yea I think it'll take him another year. Again though I think that this will be a guy that is hurt a lot throughout his career, kind of like a Kerry Wood. I don't like the Twins and they're in the Indians division, but I hope he can stay healthy cuz he's fun to watch and I would hate to see such talent wasted. But to answer your question if he's 100% I think he'll be perfectly fine this season, if not I think it'll take another year.

circle

Reaction score
Twins are middle of the road right now. I mean if Morneau and Mauer can carry the offense and get some contributions their pitching picks it up a little bit regardless if liriano is coming up or not. The Twins have a chance especially b/c detroit's pitching doesn't impress me and Cleveland will be inconsistent this year.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I think the division comes down to the Indians and Detroit with the White Sox and Twins as having a chance, but not likely. Clevelands pitching is just too good not to finish in the top 2 of the division and Detroits hitting should be too good for them not to finish in the top 2 even though they've struggled early on. I think the Twins are still a year or two late.

PeepShow

man eric gagne blows.

lol, I was watching that game last night. 2 outs in the 9th, and Corey Patterson hits a high fly ball that just keeps carrying and cleared the fence by like a foot. The Brewers still won though. :(