• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

The Rangers are looking pretty good this year I must say, Ben Broussard is a real shocker, 3 HR's in 6 games and he leads the AL in RBI's. I actually expected that from Kinsler or Bradley. I hope the Rangers can get to a .500 season before worrying about getting to the Playoffs. God, Michael Young looks like crap so far.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
WOW, The Tampa Bay Rays are gonna be MAJOR in the future. Man they crushed the Yankees like they were minor leaguers. But jesus lord they will be $tacked in the meantime, I just wished they kept Delmon Young.

20?? World Champions
B.J. Upton- 23 years old
Carlos Pena- age 29
Carl Crawford- age 26
Matt Garza- age 24
Evan Longoria- age 22

PeepShow

MLB.com said:
One day after Frank Thomas voiced his displeasure over being benched, the Blue Jays released the designated hitter.

The 39-year-old slugger was told Saturday that he would lose playing time after a slow start in which he batted .167 with three homers and 11 RBIs in 16 games.

"Basically, I've been told that I'm not going to be in that lineup," Thomas said Saturday. "[Manager John Gibbons] told me that this morning. I see it as something else is going on. We'll see how that plays out.

"You know what's going on and I know what's going on. We'll see how it plays out. I'm just a little frustrated right now. There are some things going on around here this year that I haven't been happy about."

Thomas could have been alluding to his contract situation, which has been an ongoing topic since the early stages of Spring Training. Under the terms of the two-year deal Thomas inked with Toronto prior to last season, the 39-year-old DH has a vesting option worth $10 million for the 2009 season.

Thomas could have guaranteed that salary for next year simply by notching 304 more plate appearances this year. His contract stipulated that the option would vest for Thomas, who had 624 plate appearances last season, if he accumulated 1,000 plate appearances between the 2007-08 seasons.

Thomas batted .277 with 26 homers and 95 RBIs in 2007 in his only full season with the Jays. He also became a member of the 500 home run club while wearing a Toronto uniform and has 516 homers in his career.

Looks like the Big Hurt, is in a world of hurt :eek:

Soulpower

HA! A-Rod left the game with a Quad Injury.

BALTIMORE (AP) - New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez left Sunday's game against the Baltimore Orioles with a strained right quadriceps.

Rodriguez hurt himself while running out a force-play grounder in the sixth inning. He stayed in the game for one more pitch before leaving.
Rodriguez began the afternoon as one of only two AL players to start every game, along with Josh Hamilton of Texas. He is listed as day-to-day.

Earlier in the game, Rodriguez hit an RBI double and scored.

ARGH! MY QUAD!

LadyHotrod

I can predict my Blue Jays season.

They'll be in first place at some point, stay there for a while and then slip to 3rd place.

Same as every other year.

Enigma22

Reaction score
lol that wasnt really even close to hitting him... ive never liked that guy... even when he was on the indians...

Enigma22

Reaction score
astrubal cabrara turned the unassisted triple play for the indians today... this only happens once every few years if that... and he hit a 2 run homer... indians starters went 18 innings today in a double header and didnt let up a run (carmona and lee)... lol and i missed all this... i was out and i just saw all this on the news... damn...

Enigma22

Reaction score
no both games were in cleveland i think... not positive but im fairly confident they were...

PeepShow

Jesus @ the Indians starting pitching. Over their last 5 or 6 games, their starters ERA is like 0.50. I thought I read somewhere that over their last 43 innings they hadn't given up a run. I think I might have read that wrong, but that is still off the hook.

Enigma22

Reaction score
no u didnt read it wrong lol... it ended today at something like 44 1/3 innings i think but it was just one unearned run...