Official MLB Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

lol at Mike talking to himself in this thread. Jays are my team as well, but I haven't really been following much yet. With hockey and basketball playoffs on, and the fact that it's the first month of 162 game season, I find it hard to get to interested at this point. It's great that they are off to a good start though, but with the Yankees and Redsox in their division, I just don't see them getting into the playoffs. Thankfully I have a backup team in the Detroit Tigers. lol I see them picking it up this year and being a real threat to win the world series.

Talking to myself is basically my hobby :shifty:.
No, but seriously, obviously the Jays ad Red Sox will heat up. The Rays probably will as well. I can see the Jays finishing 3rd in the division realistically, but I still see them having a good year. Tough division, so might as well enjoy it while it lasts. We've been lucky we haven't facedany of the AL East yet.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i think they definitely could finish in third. i never really thought the rays were all that good even. they just were hot all last year. they were like the tigers were a few years ago, overachieving for a year.

kraynor3

Reaction score
The East is going to be a dog fight again this year.

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
Great to see the Yankees back on a winning record now, I guess that ass-whooping of a series from the Red Sox finally woke them the fuck up from all that cash Steinbrenner is paying them.

Pirates are at .500 and hopefully finish off the Reds in their series, Nate McLouth is one of the reasons why were even still a threat in the NL Central.

Enigma22

Reaction score
matt laporta got his first major league hit today and it was a two run homer. :)

MikeRaw

Wow, what a crazy game between the Indians and Jays today. Adam Lind with 5 RBI, and a 3 run homer for the Jays, who win 10-6. Good game and series by both teams though. Very entertaining.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya the indians bullpen is pissing me off lol. a four run lead should be enough once and a while. the hitting was very good today but the pitching continues to suck.

MikeRaw

I'd be a little easier on your bullpen. It's not top notch, but in all fairness to them, Adam Lind has been one of the better players in the league so far this year, with 6 homers, nearing 30 RBI's, and a great average. He's a tough hitter, and he's pretty clutch, so I had a feeling he'd hit there.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya but its not like the bullpen didnt put the other runners on base and let the other 2 runs in that inning. we have one of the worst bullpens right now. the thing is that some of the same people last year and the year before like perez, lewis, and bentencourt, and they were great. bentencourt was the best set up guy in the league two years ago and perez and lewis were both unhittable for a lot of last year.

i wish we still had bob wickman lol. i always loved it when they "lit the wick". lol what ever happened to him?

straight_edge76

^^^
I do now know, I swear to freaking god. Who woulda thought that Manny not being there, Ortiz not hitting well that the Bombers still can't beat the Red Sox. I think it's the stadium lol

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
I just don't understand why we didn't beat them yesterday, Joba pitched one hell of a game and we still couldn't pull off a victory. :smh

straight_edge76

Me neither, he is starting to really turn into a legt Starter. To me it seemed like the offense has been a little off in the last 2 weeks or so.