TV Official Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion Thread

Last weeks episode was amazing.

Blackwater def lived up to the hype. The CGI on the wildfire explosion was great, Tryion, Hound, drunk Cerisi, everyone pretty much owned in this episode.

Also TV show Stannis is way more bad ass than book Stannis. First off the boat, first over the wall, and killing half the gold cloaks by himself.

original.gif

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

I was really worried for a second that they were going to kill tyrion off in the show.

Pete

Reaction score

Having only read the first book (waiting to see Season 1 on DVD) Arya was definitely my favourite character, along with Jon & Friends and everyone's favourite Tyrion. I liked how Sansa was an uber-ditz as well, and I knew MILF Lannister would trick her at the end, 'cause she's really effing dumb :p

Trying to get the rest of the books at a reasonable price, but with the whole craze, it seems impossible. Best I saw was 2 for £12, and that's still waaay too much for me, considering I have yet to buy five books.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

This season is in the books. I just feel like the finale of the season was a bit of a letdown compared to episode 9. I mean ooo zombie type things. Dunno I just think there was more suspense in the prior episode.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

I just started watching this show last week and managed to catch up just in time for the season finale. For me, both season finales haven't been very good finales. They are good episodes but I feel that they are just the same as the others. Their endings don't make me feel a surge of wanting to hurry up and see the next season because it just feels like the next one is right around the corner. That sounds a bit complicated but I don't know any other way to explain it. I do love the show though.

I find the Greyjoy story to be my least favorite of the show thus far. I also dislike the brothel guys story. I know the people but can't match their names to their faces except a few. My favorite story is that of the Khalessi. I have a quick question though, they captured Stannis during the battle right? How was he talking to the sorceress in a tower during another scene later on?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

They didn't catch him. His men grabbed him and they escaped.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Ah okay I thought the Lannisters were the ones who grabbed him since he was resisting.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Nah he was just so into the battle he didn't want to leave. I thought the same at first.

Ben

Reaction score

Yea the finale was a let down after Blackwater.

I'm fine with the Danny stuff and the HOTU, nice to see the dragons, but in the books it was more epic with the dragons being much bigger and them actually destroying the whole place not just burning one guy. The white walkers at the end was nice to see but it didn't look right, think it would of came about much better if it was against a night backdrop. Sacking of Winterfell was confusing to non book readers as they didn't show what happened as a result of not casting a certain bastard son.

Still though I'm just happy to have the show, and season 3 and 4 should be even better than the first 2 seasons, as there's a ton of action and conflict and if they can get a the pacing down a bit better the show should stay successful. There's a ton of new characters coming in next year, which is going to be a challenge to find space for them.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Whose bastard son? To me the white walkers looked much different in the opening of the first season unless that was something else? The whole winterfell thing was confusing as hell.

Ben

Reaction score

Found this to be pretty funny:

4408670_460s.jpg

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score

I'd shit myself too if I saw that fucking White Walker and like an entire army of wights coming towards me.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett

Whose bastard son? To me the white walkers looked much different in the opening of the first season unless that was something else? The whole winterfell thing was confusing as hell.

Roose Bolton's bastard, he was only mentioned. He's being cast for season 3.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he's handled in the tv show because he's easily the most vile piece of shit in the series, and in this series, that's saying something.

Dademo

Reaction score

DUDE... I just finished seasons 1 AND 2 of this show and it is so fucking good... It may overtake Breaking Bad as my favorite TV series ever... I love all the sub plots and the entire story... can't wait until April

Reaction score

DUDE... I just finished seasons 1 AND 2 of this show and it is so fucking good... It may overtake Breaking Bad as my favorite TV series ever... I love all the sub plots and the entire story... can't wait until April

It's good but Breaking Bad is still better. :D