TV Official Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Yesterdays episode was amazing. Easily the best of the season so far.

Seeing Harranhal, Quarth, and the Evil Black Smoke Birth all awesome. Major shit will go down next episode and I look forward to it.

Only thing I didn't like was the stuff with Joffery and the whores, way over the top, and there kind of taking it to far in turning him into a monster.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah I just want to see him killed off now. Arya is fast becoming one of my favs I want her to become a badass and avenge everyone. (I'm pretty sure at some point Rob will die(haven't read books) Also snow maybe a badass I've guessed that he is another potential true heir to the throne)

Ben

Reaction score
Last Episode was amazing again. Sucks that the season is half over, but the last 5 episodes are going to be full of action. Don't know the actors name, but the guy playing the faceless man has been fantastic, should be around for the rest of the season so looking forward to more from him. Pretty much everyones stories pick up big time in the last half of the book and they should easily fit all the important stuff in this season.

Ben

Reaction score
They really have changed a ton of shit from the books so far this season.

On the ASOFAI forum I post on people are shitting bricks about the changes.

As a book reader it doesn't really bother me, there was no way they were going to fit everything in and the changes they have made have actually been better. Dany's storyline which is boring as shit in the books is actually entertaining now.

The Scene with the thirteen in Quarth getting there throats cut was pretty amazing. Looking forward to the big battle, seeing the House Of The Undying, and some Rattleshirt going into the last 3 episodes.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've never read the books. But I have enjoyed every episode so far.

Ben

Reaction score
They've done a great job, there's so much to cover and they manage to do it.

Also Theon Greyjoy is now the biggest heel in Westeros after his antics in Winterfell

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I predict and I know it hasn't been mentioned in the books per a friend but I think John Snow is of huge importance at some point.

Ben

Reaction score
Snow plays a major role going forward, plus there's always been speculation of that Ned Stark really wasn't his father.

GRM needs to finish the next book though, cause this waiting five years between books shit is no good.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah I think he's the bastard son of Ned's sister and geoffery's father.

Ben

Reaction score
Personally and it's the popular open that he's Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen child. Ned was Mr. morals and honor and I don't see him out banging random no names at war.

Was covered in the first book but not touched on in the show. But basically Rhaegar kidnap Lyanna and put her in the Tower Of Love and had her guarded by 2 knights. Ned shows up kills the guards and finds her dead. Seems like Rhaegar and Lyanna ran off got her knocked up and when Ned finds her at the tower she has had a son Jon and dies after the child birth.

Her last words to Ned where "Promise Me" which pretty much means he had to make up a story that it was his kid or Jon would of been killed, as after the war and Rhaeger had died he has the rightfull claim to the throne.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Personally and it's the popular open that he's Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen child. Ned was Mr. morals and honor and I don't see him out banging random no names at war.

Was covered in the first book but not touched on in the show. But basically Rhaegar kidnap Lyanna and put her in the Tower Of Love and had her guarded by 2 knights. Ned shows up kills the guards and finds her dead. Seems like Rhaegar and Lyanna ran off got her knocked up and when Ned finds her at the tower she has had a son Jon and dies after the child birth.

Her last words to Ned where "Promise Me" which pretty much means he had to make up a story that it was his kid or Jon would of been killed, as after the war and Rhaeger had died he has the rightfull claim to the throne.

Seems silly if he and Jamie killed the king why not make it known that Snow was the heir? Just because Ned didn't want to do any heavy lifting and rule the kingdom till he was of age?

Ben

Reaction score
Robert would of had no claim to the throne then, plus the whole war started because Rhager supposedly kidnapped Ned's sister, and as a result both Ned's father and brother were executed. If Ned tells the truth about Jon, they would of killed him as a baby the same way they did with the other Targaren children when the Lannister sacked the city. Robert needed all the Targaryen children dead to cement his claim.

Robert had the backing of the Lannisters through his marriage, and really if Ned would of even tried to take the throne he would of been killed also, no way he could of matched the power of the Baratheon and Lannisters.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The way I interpreted it in the show was that if Ned had sat down he would have been king instead of Robert. Show should have shows the Lannisters and Ned getting along more before the conflict would have been a better dynamic.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea they left out a lot of the backstory about how Robert came to power, a lot more of it was covered in the books and I didn't do a very good job of explaining it there.

Killswitch

Reaction score
Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion Thread

By the way the Red Viper was awesome, even to his death. And Barristan is one of my favorite characters. Can't wait for his return on the show.