Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You could be taking their place at this rate :adr:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Luckily there are three more shitter teams than us. I say that because that seems to be what the players are relaying on, you know not actually trying to win games and prove that we are too good to go down, but just letting others drop points...

Chelsea got their butts kicked tonight, sounds like a great performance from the away team and it should be a good final. I am pleased really as Jose could do with being taken down a peg or too. Wonder if he will still be there next season if they don't win the league. It would be nuts to get rid of him after just one below par season but that is the Roman way.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Well I suck at predictions...

Apart from Liverpool being a shitty midtable club who will finish bottom of their Champs League group next season, which is correct.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
So Man City are champions. I always say that the team who finishes top deserves to win the league, even though I do think Liverpool let it slip. Credit to Pellegrini though, he did the job this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if next season has the same kind of twists and turns with the same teams. Man City will no doubt be up there, Chelsea will become stronger when they but a proven striker, Liverpool I don't see slipping away, Arsenal will hopefully build from this season. I don't see Man Utd fully bouncing back and challenging for the title either.

If you were to give me 4th and the FA Cup at the start of the season I'd very much welcome that, but with how well the season was for so long I just can't help but feel disappointed. Not buying anyone in January will remain a big mistake on Wenger's part in my opinion. We also have to win the FA Cup next Saturday... but I'm honestly not even thinking of the possibility of losing that one.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^Am looking forward to that final. Expect Hull to give you a good game but that you should just about edge it.

Pellegrini did great in his first season, keeping a cool head and not getting sucked into Jose's mind games was impressive too. I hope Liverpool can build on this year Rodgers has done a great job.

Pulis has to be manager of the season for me. Not only did Palace look dead when he took over, but apart from a couple of loan signings he pretty much had to work with the championship level squad he took over, keeping them up is great, but to finish mid-table is even better.

An interesting summer for a lot of managers at clubs, Southampton for example. And Lambert and Villa too, unless some big changes are made before the start of next season I think we maybe following Fulham to the championship, there are only some many times you can flirt with the drop before its your time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So Man City are champions. I always say that the team who finishes top deserves to win the league, even though I do think Liverpool let it slip.
Honestly, I firmly believe that you can lay the claim to any of the other top three letting it slip too really. You look at Arsenal though, great majority of the season and then became the laughing stock after all the thumpings at the bigger clubs. The sad thing is though that in the end up they only finished 8 points away from the top of the league and if they weren't so tactically stubborn and adapted to the big games at Liverpool/Chelsea/Everton and managed to get something from them, shit could have been so much different.

Also @Keith I know i'm a bit late in asking you this but what did you make to your boys lining up with FIVE at the back when you went to Man City? Seemed so negative to me especially considering that you were safe.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Honestly, I firmly believe that you can lay the claim to any of the other top three letting it slip too really. You look at Arsenal though, great majority of the season and then became the laughing stock after all the thumpings at the bigger clubs. The sad thing is though that in the end up they only finished 8 points away from the top of the league and if they weren't so tactically stubborn and adapted to the big games at Liverpool/Chelsea/Everton and managed to get something from them, shit could have been so much different.

Also @Keith I know i'm a bit late in asking you this but what did you make to your boys lining up with FIVE at the back when you went to Man City? Seemed so negative to me especially considering that you were safe.

It was maybe too negative. Think it was a sign at how poorly we have defended this season and that our best hope against City may have been on the counter attack. Then again our strikers have struggled for form all season, and the problem with playing that way is that once City got their first goal it is very hard to change tactics, besides you are chasing the game at that point anyway.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First two managers have already left their posts. No surprise in Pepa Mel leaving WBA, but didn't think Garcia would leave Brighton having had a good first season I thought he would be keen to try and get them promoted next year.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Looks like QPR are going to edge Wigan in this Play-Off semi sadly. Hope Derby do them in the final.

Troy will be happy wherever he is:ARN:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
First two managers have already left their posts. No surprise in Pepa Mel leaving WBA, but didn't think Garcia would leave Brighton having had a good first season I thought he would be keen to try and get them promoted next year.

Championship is probs gonna be tough as fuck next season, Fulham, Norwich & Cardiff will be back up there, Wigan, the playoff losers, Forest, Reading and don't forget Wolves coming up too, I wouldn't want to finish midtable at Brighton either.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
FA Cup Winners 2014

ARSENALLLLLLLLLLL

Finally no more shit memes about whats happened since we last won a trophy.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
FA Cup Winners 2014

ARSENALLLLLLLLLLL

Finally no more shit memes about whats happened since we last won a trophy.
:alicia2::kane2::piper::rock3:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well it has certainly been better for the match than Hull had that start...

This could go either way, but whatever happens Hull have had a great season.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why the laughing, we are still gonna win, and deservedly?