Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
_73887587_banner.jpg

Apparently this banner will be flying over Old Trafford before our lunchtime kickoff against Villa tomorrow.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Does anyone want this title or not!?

Another crazy day, Terry will become a Palace legend now, couldn't happen to a nicer a guy either...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Crazy ass league this year. Arsenal still have kept themselves in with a sniff of the title with that draw.

Alot of pressure put on Liverpool now, got some big games coming up now which are gonna go a ways in deciding where the title ends up you would imagine.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So yet another big game Arsenal flop. They deserved to lose today without a shadow of a doubt but it seemed like everything was going against them today too. They've missed Ramsey and Walcott so much aswell the lack of pace they possess going forward and the forward running of Ramsey into the box is fucking frightening.

They're only saving grace is that their run in should be pretty straight forward but given the form they're currently in then nothing is a given. Combine that with Everton still having Man City & United to play at Goodison you would imagine they would drop some points there. Win their game in hand though and they go 2 points clear of Arsenal.

It's actually insane to think how great Arsenal were doing for the vast majority of this season and then they just bombed, like super hard.

Aniking

Reaction score
That was just a disgraceful performance. Everton destroyed us and it was incredibly painful to watch. For me, Ramsey and Ox were by far our best players and they only played 25 minutes! Sure the game's result was decided but they were still the only two really looking to score. Ramsey was everywhere, constantly creating an option and getting some nice passes in and around the box, while Ox had a couple of shots and took the game on. Everybody else was bad and I'm very disappointed.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Does Wenger even use tactics anymore? Whatever about the amount of injuries we have, going with that kind of lineup today shows that there's no real game plan anymore. Plan A is to string together a few passes before it all fizzes out, and plan B is to whip a cross into the box with Giroud the only one in there. It's boring and entirely predicable at this point. Meanwhile, Martinez put Naismith in at center forward and shifted Lukaku over to the right and it worked like a treat. He got everything right today.

I also have to question Wenger once again waiting until the 70th minute to bring on Ox and Ramsey. It was clear that nothing was working after 30 minutes, so why not just make the changes at half time? Sometimes I think he puts way too much faith into a certain amount of players who are ultimately just content enough to let him down on these types of occasions. When things don't work he generally insists on sticking with the players he has on the pitch and hopes they'll prove him right. and That kind of stubbornness used to be one of his strong points, but it's not anymore.

At this stage I just can't wait for this season to be over. You know it's gone to shit when you're checking Everton's remaining fixtures...

Reactions: Aniking

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Would be ironic if Arsenal ended the trophy duck but then missed out on CL. Sign of the times than that is considered a bad thing.

Loving this title race, Liverpool did what they had to do and won ugly yesterday. Next week's match against City is massive.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Hard luck on Dortmund, I really didn't think they had a chance at all but they came very close tonight.

PSG were very ordinary over the course of those two legs. Chelsea deserved to go through.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Watched most of the Chelsea game and thought it was pretty shit, but credit to the home side for keeping going when time was against them.

If Balca go out tonight and Man Utd can pull an upset who knows what might happen.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Everton are in superb form, but we were very lucky today, hopefully we can beat Palace on Wednesday

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Why are Liverpool fans celebrating, like they haven't still got to play Chelsea?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Why are Liverpool fans celebrating, like they haven't still got to play Chelsea?

Its a big step, when City got it back to 2-2 I thought things were turning against them, they do have great character. Its in their hands now IMO, but you are right they still have a hard games to come.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What a week its been for Sunderland, four points from City and Chelsea. I thought they were pretty much down, but those results give them renew hope, and with Fulham losing but in better form, and Cardiff getting a draw keeps things very open.

If Liverpool win tomorrow then it would be almost an upset if they didn't win the title now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Liverpools title to lose for sure providing they win tommorow.

No sign of The Cork about though :banderas:

Reactions: Keith

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Crazy to think Mourinho went 77 games unbeaten at home in the league, insanely good record. That said, delighted to see it end. Few things in football make me happier than an upset Mourinho (and Terry).

Even if Liverpool win tomorrow I don't think it's in their hands just yet. I think it really all depends on what happens in the Chelsea/Liverpool game next week. A Chelsea win there could blow it wide open, for City especially. Anything less and I think it's Liverpool's for the taking.