Official Football Discussion Thread 2013/14

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Keith 0/2, doing as well as he does in the Wrestling Prediction League :rock3:

First off all they weren't predictions just what I wanted to happen. Second I don't know what prediction league you have been following recently, but I have actually been doing quite well, certainly kicked some arse at mania. So don't know what you have been smoking:adr:

Guess experience told in the end in the Play-offs. Derby did well just to make the final, Harry saved his job today I think.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
No need to get defensive Keith, we're all used to be failing by now :alicia2:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Just pointing out the facts my friend:bob:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So gonna bring this back to life with the transfer business and then will start a new thread closer to the new season.

Fabregas to Chelsea
Luke Shaw & Ander Herrera to Man United
Fernando & Bacary Sagna to Man City
Lambert and Lallana expected on Monday to Liverpool

Those are the biggest deals to happen so far but expect plenty more activity as the World Cup comes to a close.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Suarez ban FUCKIN sucks.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So gonna bring this back to life with the transfer business and then will start a new thread closer to the new season.

Fabregas to Chelsea

Those are the biggest deals to happen so far but expect plenty more activity as the World Cup comes to a close.

Fabregas is a good replacement for Lampard, but like Lampard I wouldn't play him every match.

Its too soon for Shaw, think he would have been better staying at Southampton for another couple of years.

Sagna's a good buy for City.

Lambert is a good squad player for Liverpool who will add something different in attack. I do wonder if they are taking a gamble on Lallana, he's a good player, but again he is young and doesn't have much top level experience. If they want to win the title they should focus more on defence and a good holding midfielder.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Suarez ban FUCKIN sucks.

Well deserved though. Should he stay at Liverpool I don't think the ban will effect them too much, they should have enough to be in touching distance come November when he returns. One interesting thing might be if he is allowed to train.

Aniking

Reaction score
Fabregas to Chelsea

As an Arsenal fan, pretty cut to see Fabregas at Chelsea. We were never gonna be able to fit him into the team when we have so many mids. Wenger made the right decision and I can't blame Fabregas for taking the best offer, London club or not.

Never heard of Herrera tbh so can't comment. Man Utd are seriously overpaying for players now imo. Shaw isn't worth 30+ mill. Fellaini wasn't worth 28(?) mill. Mata went for 34 mill and I think it's a few too high. But hey, they can't say City are the big spenders anymore considering Utd have forked out 55-60 mill already and don't look like stopping.

Disappointed Sagna's gone but he had every right to leave. I can't see him taking Zabaleta's spot though so he may have to settle for second choice more often than not but benefits from a higher wage and probably at least one trophy you'd think. As for Fernando, never heard of him but can you imagine Fernando and Fernandinho playing alongside each other? What the fuck haha.

Lambert's a good buy when you're looking to strengthen your squad. Adds a different option up front to Sturridge and Suarez and fills the void for when they boot out Aspas. It's a really good story for Lambert - worked his way up through each league, reaches the Premier League, and now plays for the club he's supported as a kid even though he won't be a regular starter. Lallana had a great season and deserves a move to a top club (fuck off with your mid-table team shit Cork).

Suarez ban FUCKIN sucks.

He deserves it though. It puzzles me that people think his club ban is longer than his International ban (misses 9 In, 13 C). The 13 Liverpool games are done by the end of October. He won't be playing for his country until next year. Tell me, which one's longer now?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
As an Arsenal fan, pretty cut to see Fabregas at Chelsea. We were never gonna be able to fit him into the team when we have so many mids. Wenger made the right decision and I can't blame Fabregas for taking the best offer, London club or not.

Never heard of Herrera tbh so can't comment. Man Utd are seriously overpaying for players now imo. Shaw isn't worth 30+ mill. Fellaini wasn't worth 28(?) mill. Mata went for 34 mill and I think it's a few too high. But hey, they can't say City are the big spenders anymore considering Utd have forked out 55-60 mill already and don't look like stopping.

Disappointed Sagna's gone but he had every right to leave. I can't see him taking Zabaleta's spot though so he may have to settle for second choice more often than not but benefits from a higher wage and probably at least one trophy you'd think. As for Fernando, never heard of him but can you imagine Fernando and Fernandinho playing alongside each other? What the fuck haha.

Lambert's a good buy when you're looking to strengthen your squad. Adds a different option up front to Sturridge and Suarez and fills the void for when they boot out Aspas. It's a really good story for Lambert - worked his way up through each league, reaches the Premier League, and now plays for the club he's supported as a kid even though he won't be a regular starter. Lallana had a great season and deserves a move to a top club (fuck off with your mid-table team shit Cork).

He deserves it though. It puzzles me that people think his club ban is longer than his International ban (misses 9 In, 13 C). The 13 Liverpool games are done by the end of October. He won't be playing for his country until next year. Tell me, which one's longer
now?

I just thought it was a combined ban club/country, and November from about now is six months away, didn't think they were separate bans.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Who would have thought that Villa's most high profile summer signing would be nutty Roy Keane as assistant manager? You just can't make this stuff up! I am sure it will only end in tears, but I am willing to give it a chance.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
he'll probably get given the job after a couple of months when Lambert gets sacked

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

Wow how dense are you...

Wilshere is ridiculously overrated, he shouldn't even be Cesc's bootboy let alone be in a team ahead of him. Im content with our midfield though. Jenkinson and Bellerin should be given a chance so I dont think we need to replace Sagna.

Szcesny is too errattic imo and I dont think Mertesacker will have another great season so I'd grab a CB & GK, maybe a striker but with Joel Campbell and Theo coming back probably no need.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Liverpool will be found out yet again and bomb out the Champs League in group stages. They wont get top 8 espesh if Suarez goes. Woeful team apart from Sterling

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
he'll probably get given the job after a couple of months when Lambert gets sacked

Was thinking the same, but I don't know if he will even last that long, besides if we get new owners they may well have their own ideas on who to bring in.

Wow! You just know we are getting closer to a new season when Cork makes one of his spot on predictions! Why don't rest there how about Man Utd to go down, or Hull City to break into the top four?

You are wrong about Wilshire too, he is a great player, and promises to become even better given he is only twenty three. Wouldn't surprise me if he became a future England captain. It is just his fitness which has been holding him back.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You are wrong about Wilshire too, he is a great player, and promises to become even better given he is only twenty three. Wouldn't surprise me if he became a future England captain. It is just his fitness which has been holding him back.

He has massive potential but you cant just live off that, you actually have to show your talent consistently and he doesnt do it.

Spends half his time on his arse looking at the ref with puppy dog eyes to get a free kick.

Wish he was on his game more often because the Norwich game last season he was brilliant.

I am gutted we didnt sign Cesc, or anyone else for that matter.