NWA Powerrr

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
My first thought about the Ethiopia comment was that it was to do with chicken and starving people, race didn't even cross my mind until @Solid Snake said it to me. I can't be the only one.
It definitely makes more sense that it's about starving Ethiopians, right?

For non Americans yes. There were similar jokes when I was a kid and Ethiopia had famine in the 80s (when I was a kid).

But yeah it has racist overtones in America due to stereotypes.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
You liked the latest episode da/nyet ?
Yes...I've liked every episode so far...

Tim Storm is possibly the most likable wrestler I've seen in years.

For non Americans yes. There were similar jokes when I was a kid and Ethiopia had famine in the 80s (when I was a kid).
Yeah...there were a few of those floating around
Australia when I was kid in the 80's...but then its
Australia...every second joke is racist or sexist.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
My first thought about the Ethiopia comment was that it was to do with chicken and starving people, race didn't even cross my mind until @Solid Snake said it to me. I can't be the only one.
It definitely makes more sense that it's about starving Ethiopians, right?

Yeah when I heard it was like what did he just say. Pretty much he said it with the intention of saying how tough Trevor is and he could of got there with the use of talking about Ethiopia. Still with the negativity that happened with it, NWA is still doing big things and keep killing it. I wanna see this Week what the Into the Fire PPV will look like because I can't put a finger on who is facing there right now.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I wanna see this Week what the Into the Fire PPV will look like because I can't put a finger on who is facing there right now.
Well...I might throw some ideas out into the forum ether...

Allysin Kay vs. Thunder Rosa for the Women's title...
Nick Aldis vs. James Storm for the World title...(although I'd rather see Tim Storm get the match & win the title from Aldis)
Colt Cabana vs. Aaron Stevens vs. Ricky Starks for the National title...
The Wild Cards vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express for the tag titles...
Eli Drake vs. Mr. Anderson...(perhaps with a hardcore stipulation of some kind?)
Marti Belle vs. Ashley Vox...
Question Mark vs. Trevor Murdoch...

:idk3:

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well...I might throw some ideas out into the forum ether...

Allysin Kay vs. Thunder Rosa for the Women's title...
Nick Aldis vs. James Storm for the World title...(although I'd rather see Tim Storm get the match & win the title from Aldis)
Colt Cabana vs. Aaron Stevens vs. Ricky Starks for the National title...
The Wild Cards vs. The Rock 'N' Roll Express for the tag titles...
Eli Drake vs. Mr. Anderson...(perhaps with a hardcore stipulation of some kind?)
Marti Belle vs. Ashley Vox...
Question Mark vs. Trevor Murdoch...

:idk3:

Well damn. Kay vs Rosa right outta the box, I'm not so sure. Kay has had enough problems with Belle and Rosa, now you add Melina to the mix don't see how she escapes a Title Defense if it happens. It just sucks because they don't have any babyfaces to join up with her outside of Vox, but hey if that Match happens one of my Wives is taking a Title home I bet.. Aldis before this Week I thought was right for Drake or Storm, but after what Drake did to Anderson this Week I feel that is a lock more than anything. Wild Cards vs Rock N Roll Express would if be shocking to see two more teams added to the mix? Cabana vs Stevens vs Starks vs Question Mark?

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
NWA Powerrr #8 Notes:
~ Eli Drake is good promo...
~ TIM STORM for the Main Event!
~ Thunder Rosa continues to impress me...
~ Oh Wow...The Question Mark vs. Zane Dawson...in an empty studio...
~ And that was a solid match...and the "Shakespeare" performance was
vomit inducing...
~ The Question Mark vs. Trevor Murdoch? I called that for the PPV!
~ Can Melina actually "wrestle"? I've never seen her work a match...
~ The Circle Squared seems like a great idea...
~ And they went with a women's tag match for the PPV...which seems
like a waste...but what do I know.

So...this episode of Powerrr was clearly put together VERY quickly in
the wake of the "Cornette situation" and while it was basically a "stop
gap" episode (like a clip show really) it still kept the product moving
forward.

I'm very much looking forward to the Into the Fire pay per view...even
if its not the card I wanted see.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Man I was really...really torn with this Episode from Tuesday. Now I would say I absolutely loved seeing the promoting of fellow Latinos like myself in Melina and Thunder Rosa, but damn at the time I was hoping to see some Wrestling. I get it what Cornette did was wrong, but the firing of him that I didn't agree with really is going to make the Show fell off at times if next Week it's Cornette out on Commentary completely. Still I have faith they'll figure out the right formula for them going forward. Drake's Opening Promo was great he's really separating himself among the Roster just on his Promo work alone. I'm sure he'll defeat Anderson and next stop is facing Aldis I imagine.

Yeah I was laughing pretty hard seeing the Dawsons speak Shakespeare. I liked how the hurt Dawson would in and out sell his injury to his Throat from Question Mark. So weird this team works and with the power or KA..RA..TE powering them who knows what happens for them. The Melina Interview I really enjoyed this Week. Pretty much she is saying she doesn't know it means to be Champion and she wants to show her how it's done. I can't see them losing at Into The Fire's PPV, Allysin might be in for a mugging after that Match.

Up to this point I was being given the Potatoes then they gave me the Ribs with Rosa journey in MMA. I was so proud to watch that, because their aren't enough Latino Athletes getting enough time in the Sun. WWE I've been asking for Years to see something like this happen and NWA clearly considers Thunder Rosa a Star and maybe even their face of the Division eventually. Rosa did 6 Months of Training and proved she had all the tools in the World to become a Champion with time. My Mother always told me when you go out that Door you represent not just yourself, but me and us as a culture make us proud. Rosa did that.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Wasn't a great episode, but understandable and probably the best they could've done considering the situation. It's really disappointing, however, reading the comments on Youtube and seeing so many people take Cornette's side in this and saying it's not that big a deal what he said.

I also sadly just realized that I won't be watching Into The Fire live, since CZW Cage of Death is running at the same time, and Jimmy Lloyd vs. Brandon Kirk is gonna be one hell of a crazy, sloppy, all out war. But I definitely will be watching ITF as soon as possible afterwards. Should be a very fun show

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191201-013654_Facebook.jpg

THE GREAT MUTA VS NICK ALDIS FOR THE BELT! FUCK YES!

Reactions: Grievous 3D