NWA Powerrr

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
For those who don't know NWA Powerrr is a throwback to the classic studio wrestling like NWA, Memphis, and so on, and is NWA's weekly show. I figured I would make a thread about this because I am really loving this show. They have two episodes posted so far, and they will be provided in the Spoiler below. I will update this each week and will give my thoughts on the show as well.

Last edited:

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Dokken baby WHOOO!!!

I was really sad to find out that the next season of GLOW is supposed to be the last, but that sadness was somewhat lifted once I heard about and checked out Powerrr. Seriously perhaps the best presentation of a wrestling show in a while. And seeing a bunch of old names randomly pop up. Colt Cabana and Sal Rinauro in the ring together in 2019? Obviously this show is a throwback to the 70s/80s style with a modern take, but I never expected to get some 2005 nostalgia thrown in the mix as well. Great fucking show, both episodes thus far, and I will definitely be looking forward to watching every week.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
So...

*Looks Around for a Moment*

Is Powerrr worth watching?
If you are/were a fan of old school wrestling, such as early WCW, NWA, WCCW, AWA, etc, then you'll probably love it. If you're not, or aren't super familiar with it... then I'd at least give it a shot or two and judge for yourself. It's a free weekly Youtube show, so it's not like you have to invest too much into it

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wow...a Yes x10?

Does Powerrr also feature "Scientific Boob Squeezing"?

If you are/were a fan of old school wrestling, such as early WCW, NWA, WCCW, AWA, etc, then you'll probably love it. If you're not, or aren't super familiar with it... then I'd at least give it a shot or two and judge for yourself. It's a free weekly Youtube show, so it's not like you have to invest too much into it
To be honest Jeff...I haven't experienced much "old school" wrestling...
but a recommendation from yourself & @Seto-san does increase my
interest x10.

One must trust his allies advice or eventually be without allies.

*Adds Powerrr to his "Track Down List*

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Wow...a Yes x10? Does Powerrr also feature "Scientific Boob Squeezing"?
Yes, NWA Powerrr to me is the best weekly wrestling show to me at least. The first episode got a 9/10 and the second episode got an 8/10 from me. It is straight to the point, has a great feel to it, and is a breath of fresh air. Again, though if you don't like it in the end of the day, that is fine, and no it doesn't...but the second episode did have Ashley Vox in it which is awesome.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, NWA Powerrr to me is the best weekly wrestling show to me at least. The first episode got a 9/10 and the second episode got an 8/10 from me. It is straight to the point, has a great feel to it, and is a breath of fresh air.
Sounds promising...

I will give it a try ASAP.

Again, though if you don't like it in the end of the day, that is fine, and no it doesn't...but the second episode did have Ashley Vox in it which is awesome.
*Looks up Ashley Vox on Interwebs*

Oh...I see...

Another one of your wrestling waifus?

?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Sounds promising...I will give it a try ASAP.

*Looks up Ashley Vox on Interwebs* Oh...I see...Another one of your wrestling waifus? ?
Cool.

Not really, she and her sister were/are a tag team called Sea Stars and they were always entertaining and their gimmick was fun as well. I mean, they came out to Hooked on a Feeling, and it was over like rover. As well their matches were always entertaining, and Ashley by herself is pretty talented and can put on a good show.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Well...that song has always been over...Even before it was used in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Oh no doubt, but with their gimmick of things related to Fishing and the Ocean and such, it was just too good of a pick and people loved it, since the song has nothing to do with either thing associated with their gimmick but because of it being a good pun on the gimmick and song at the same time it worked to a T.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Ok watched episode 2.

Enjoyed both if them and I don't really remember the NWA having watch a single VHS tapes years ago and bits and pieces in the WWE Network.

Wasn't watching WWE 1999-2016.

I have seen Aldi's before and know a few of the wrestlers by reputation.

That ladies finisher looked nasty like some sort of piledriver. She kinda scared me and turned me on at the same time:(

It's an hour, it's free and it's quite good. The production values are a little raw but hey you get what you pay for.

Cornettes also good on commentary. Haven't seen that since the mid 90's.

It does have an 80s vibe, even reminds me a bit of 80s WWF when I was a kid circa 88/89.

Last edited:

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
She kinda scared me and turned me on at the same time
Yeah...that happens to me a lot.

Cornettes also good on commentary. Haven't seen that since the mid 90's.
Wait...Cornette is on commentary?

Well I definitely have to check this out.

I just hope he doesn't refer to any of
the female performers as "Butterface"

Goddammit Jim...

:facepalm1:

• Haha