NWA Powerrr

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So I'm watching episode #4 right now...& this show
is really growing on me.

Its short, sharp & to the point...which I like.

I've actually been surprised at the talent that has
shown up...& the roster gets more impressive as
each episode is aired.

Aron Stevens showing up was a shock to me...
but I'm glad he's doing well. The guy was never
given a fair shake in...that "Other" Company.

I'm looking forward to Thunder Rosa working a
match & while I've never seen her wrestle before
I've heard nothing but good things about her.

I don't know why...but I just don't "Get" Allysin Kay...
I'm not sure why...& its not like she can't work a
match because she can. Maybe my opinion will
change over time?

I'm not sure how many episodes of Powerrr we
will get...but I just think its great that it exists.

Reactions: Jeffry Mason

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
The promos in NWA Power are consistantly the best in the buisness right now i think, sure the wrestling isnt great but its good enough. Episode 4 was really good, and i love the feeling of the show and espacially the theme Into The Fire

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Just watched Episode 5

Man the promos are fantastic in this show...but man their tag team devision is...rather lacking lol, The Dawsons are not good in the go away heat kinda way, atleast for me, i couldnt care less about them, Outlaw Ink is atleast a little bit better and they dont make me wanna skip parts of the show when they come on.

I feel like NWA could be amazing if the wrestling was as good as the promos are, which sadly isnt the case, atleast not to me.

I have mixed thoughts on Colt Cobana.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Aron Stevens is entertaining.

They have a very shallow talent pool. With WWE and AEW hovering up everything that's not gonna change.

ROH also has a thin tag division now.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...NWA Powerrr continues to be a "breath of fresh air" for me
as a wrestling fan...& Episode 5 was possibly the best so far...

~ Just hearing Cornette on commentary makes me smile...
~ I don't want to say this...but the Dawsons seem like the NWA version
of THAT tag team. You know the one I'm talking about...two big, beefy,
hairy guys who just like hurting people...
~ Tim Storm is possibly the most likeable wrestler I'm watching right now...
~ Both Storm & Nick Aldis "carry" themselves like true professionals...
~ Thunder Rosa is pretty impressive...she looks very "natural" in the ring...
which is something a lot of women wrestlers lack...
~ Ashley Vox is also pretty good...
~ I'm still not "sold" on Marti Belle or Allysin Kay...however the NWA is
doing a better job with their women's division than the AEW is...
~ That is some horrible ring attire Aaron Stevens is wearing...
~ So...are they paying Stevens to eat pins?
~ RetroMania Wrestling looks fun...
~ So I've never seen Colt Cabana wrestle a match before...so I am curious...
~ I honestly thought that National title was ugly as hell when I first saw it...
but now I think its pretty sexy. I think I just like it because its red...
~ And now Anderson & Drake are fighting...AND THERE'S KAMILLE! HOT DAMN!
~ And Colt Cabana gets the win & title...with the "Superman Pin" in what was a
very "overbooked" finish...still...the match was pretty solid & the crowd was into it...
~ And now the Dawsons want to fight? And now we are getting a tag match?!
~ And Wild Cards are out here now? And then a couple of old people are getting
involved in the match...Oh wait...that's the Rock 'N' Roll Express! And Outlaw Inc
get the win...& that's it.

Yeah...Powerrr keeops getting better with every episode...

Please keep this going NWA.

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
So...NWA Powerrr continues to be a "breath of fresh air" for me
as a wrestling fan...& Episode 5 was possibly the best so far...

~ Just hearing Cornette on commentary makes me smile...
~ I don't want to say this...but the Dawsons seem like the NWA version
of THAT tag team. You know the one I'm talking about...two big, beefy,
hairy guys who just like hurting people...
~ Tim Storm is possibly the most likeable wrestler I'm watching right now...
~ Both Storm & Nick Aldis "carry" themselves like true professionals...
~ Thunder Rosa is pretty impressive...she looks very "natural" in the ring...
which is something a lot of women wrestlers lack...
~ Ashley Vox is also pretty good...
~ I'm still not "sold" on Marti Belle or Allysin Kay...however the NWA is
doing a better job with their women's division than the AEW is...
~ That is some horrible ring attire Aaron Stevens is wearing...
~ So...are they paying Stevens to eat pins?
~ RetroMania Wrestling looks fun...
~ So I've never seen Colt Cabana wrestle a match before...so I am curious...
~ I honestly thought that National title was ugly as hell when I first saw it...
but now I think its pretty sexy. I think I just like it because its red...
~ And now Anderson & Drake are fighting...AND THERE'S KAMILLE! HOT DAMN!
~ And Colt Cabana gets the win & title...with the "Superman Pin" in what was a
very "overbooked" finish...still...the match was pretty solid & the crowd was into it...
~ And now the Dawsons want to fight? And now we are getting a tag match?!
~ And Wild Cards are out here now? And then a couple of old people are getting
involved in the match...Oh wait...that's the Rock 'N' Roll Express! And Outlaw Inc
get the win...& that's it.

Yeah...Powerrr keeops getting better with every episode...

Please keep this going NWA.
It's really weird, too, that so many of us consider this a breath of fresh air when you think about it. It's really just old-school wrasslin
Legit dunno which tag team you're comparing them to. They're pretty much every generic southern heel hoss team ever.
Agreed. I think people who don't like Tim Storm need to have their head examined. He is the epitome of the babyface in the modern era.
The direction they've been going in with Storm and Aldis is definitely intriguing. Two of the classiest gentlemen I can think of. It's crazy how well they're pulling this off.
Thunder Rosa is definitely pretty good. She was really impressive in Lucha Underground, and continues to impress after its demise.
Having watched Marti and Allisyn for years, I can vouch for them. I can also vouch for the fact that their work in NWA thus far is a poor example of what they're capable of.
I think that's the point. He's got a very WWF Adrian Adonis vibe about him.
It'll all pay off the closer we get to the release of Tropical Pirates next year ;)
RetroMania is going to have seemingly the oddest mix of a roster in any wrestling game. It's also cool to see multiple companies come together to work on it.
Cabana is very good when he wants to be and/or is given a chance to. He's very hit or miss depending on the storyline.
I still think it's possibly the ugliest belt in wrestling rn. I get what they're going for. But too much blank leather space for me to enjoy it
Agreed that the match was solid. Crazy how much energy this crowd has considering how many episodes they seem to have taped at once
Powerrr is easily in my top 5 list of wrestling shows every week. It's really easy and fun to watch. And looking at Billy Corgan's history, it doesn't seem like he will stop doing it any time soon. He has been trying for like 8 years for something he does in wrestling to "click" and I think seeing all the praise and success this project has accomplished in such a short time, he has finally found exactly what he needs to be doing.

Aron Stevens is entertaining.

They have a very shallow talent pool. With WWE and AEW hovering up everything that's not gonna change.

ROH also has a thin tag division now.
Aron Stevens is very, very good at what he does.

I don't feel like they have a shallow talent pool, I feel like the seemingly light roster can be attributed to a couple things. 1. They taped a bunch of episodes at once, so it is likely that we can see some new faces when we get to the episodes from other tapings. 2. I may be wrong, but I feel like the lack of a deep roster right now may actually be on purpose. By having less people on these initial shows, it allows them to focus more closely on a handful of people, and get the fans invested in these characters and their development, rather than introducing a whole ton of people all at once and having half of them just sorta get lost in the mix.

Just watched Episode 5

Man the promos are fantastic in this show...but man their tag team devision is...rather lacking lol, The Dawsons are not good in the go away heat kinda way, atleast for me, i couldnt care less about them, Outlaw Ink is atleast a little bit better and they dont make me wanna skip parts of the show when they come on.

I feel like NWA could be amazing if the wrestling was as good as the promos are, which sadly isnt the case, atleast not to me.

I have mixed thoughts on Colt Cobana.
As someone who tries to enjoy as much wrestling as possible, even I have to say that the Dawsons are just not good. Maybe they will improve, but they're the most generic brand of heel brawlers that you can get.

My personal opinion on that is that it is fine. It certainly has its place in wrestling, it's old school style at its best, which in a modern world full of flips and piledrivers and apron spots, is certainly something different. I think another big factor, too, may be something to do with Billy Corgan, as he is one of the big supporters of concussion prevention in wrestling.

After watching Cabana for close to 15 years, I almost feel like his goal is for people to have mixed opinions on him.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
As someone who tries to enjoy as much wrestling as possible, even I have to say that the Dawsons are just not good. Maybe they will improve, but they're the most generic brand of heel brawlers that you can get.

My personal opinion on that is that it is fine. It certainly has its place in wrestling, it's old school style at its best, which in a modern world full of flips and piledrivers and apron spots, is certainly something different. I think another big factor, too, may be something to do with Billy Corgan, as he is one of the big supporters of concussion prevention in wrestling.

After watching Cabana for close to 15 years, I almost feel like his goal is for people to have mixed opinions on him.
For me its like, yeah i can see how good he is, but he also kinda cartoony lol, i cannot take him seriously, nor do i think im supposed to, but this is a title match, surely he should have taken it more seriously, thats where my mixed ness is.

And for me its not just all the fancy flips and high spots and all that, there is much more to wrestling then that, ther eis the technical side to it the back and forth elements, weither that be with chain grappleing or awesome reversal sequences, trading big moves great nearfalls, and i feel like it just lacks 90% of it, like the talent is holding back, and if they were able to just go all out and have a a show stealer i think it would be fantastic. Ofcourse maybe they are saving all of that for the PPVs and thats where those great matches will happen, but who knows.

And yeah, Dawsons ae just...bad lol, the other superstars (excludeing the tag teams) are really good, then you have the dawsons, and honestly i think the biggest issue with the NWA's Tag Team Devision is that they just dont have any stars, nobody who stands out, and so their job is gonna be building up their devision from the ground up and turning them into stars and thats no easy feat and its a extremely long process, combine that with the point i mentioned about the wrestling and the Dawsons arent very impressive in the ring or on the mic, and that Outlaw Inc isnt much better, and even their current tag team champs im unsure about, combine all of that and you have quite the mountain to climb.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Legit dunno which tag team you're comparing them to. They're pretty much every generic southern heel hoss team ever.
Harper/Rowan, War Machine, Heavy Machinery, Sanity...

Being Southern has nothing to do with it...its more about appearances.

Two of the classiest gentlemen I can think of.
Its a shame some other companies don't take the same
approach with their "top guys"

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Harper/Rowan, War Machine, Heavy Machinery, Sanity...

Being Southern has nothing to do with it...its more about appearances.

Its a shame some other companies don't take the same
approach with their "top guys"
Oh ok. I mean at least those teams are talented in the ring, whereas the Dawsons just suck. But yeah I see what you're saying.

And I agree. Mr Aldis would never lose his 10 pounds of gold at an airport...

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Oh ok. I mean at least those teams are talented in the ring, whereas the Dawsons just suck. But yeah I see what you're saying.
Yeah...I'm trying to look at the positives in the NWA
but the Dawsons do lack a certain...finesse in the ring.

Or make a complete prat of himself on Twitter/social media.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2

Speaking of the 10 pounds of gold, NWA Powerr have done such an amazing job of making the 10 pounds of gold such a beloved and prestiges belt, there is so much history and it shows, it is so important and even if its your first time hearing of or seeing it, you immediately know just how special it is and what it means to everyone.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of the 10 pounds of gold, NWA Powerr have done such an amazing job of making the 10 pounds of gold such a beloved and prestiges belt, there is so much history and it shows, it is so important and even if its your first time hearing of or seeing it, you immediately know just how special it is and what it means to everyone.
I agree...

That belt has more prestige than the film "The Prestige"

• Haha