New General Manager on the 1000th RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
^ I actually don't mind the idea of Taker being GM it would be something different for him, he has the history to merit him and with him only wrestling one match each year it makes sense from that point of view also. Rather he can quite do it on the mic or play that sort of character is another matter.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Corporate Taker would be quite possibly the lamest gimmick in the history of wrestling.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Everyone loves the entire Shane McMahon & The Corporate Ministry c'mon. Just bring them back as a whole.

If anything at least King saying "not tonight, not any night!" over and over again could make him a bit more interesting again.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
I still think the new GM is going to turn out to be Johnny Ace again. Don't know what the explanation will be for it, but it just feels inevitable. He's also still being advertised for all the Raw and Smackdown shows coming to Canada, so he'll be involved with it to some capacity at least.
i was gonna post but this is dam near verbatim what i was gonna post.its just gonna be big johnny again and people power version 2.0

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Of course it's going to be Ace HHH has stolen all of his power backstage and given it to other people so Ace is left to be an on air type though not sure how they'll explain it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yep. Just getting the fans' hopes up for the ultimate let-down.

Besides, babyface GM's aren't fun. Can't have the rebellious anti-establishment attitude from the fan favorites with nice guys running the show.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Worked for teddy for quite some time. Holy shit I just thought of the perfect unemployed guy. But it'll never happen. :RUSSO:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It worked for Teddy because Teddy ran Smackdown, not Raw. Nobody wants to come home from a shitty day at work Monday evening and watch a show where everyone wants to do the right thing for the company and make their boss proud.

C'mon now. This ain't Smackdown.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Corporate Taker would be quite possibly the lamest gimmick in the history of wrestling.

He wouldn't have to be corporate Taker. Shawn Michaels didn't go corporate when he was commisoner.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I don't think its gonna be Ace again. I mean, how would they explain it? Vince fired him. Kinda strange if THE CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD is contradicted by THE BOARD. I'm betting on either Foley or Flair. I know with the TNA thing going on people wouldn't think Flair but, honestly, you really think WWE is worried about TNA's lawsuit which has no credibility to it whatsoever? WWE is a conglomerate and TNA is a mom and pop joint. Vince and Co. can do whatever the Hell they want, end of story. And personally, I'd like to see Flair do it. Foley too. Commissioner Foley was awesome. Another dark horse candidate is JR. He constantly shoots down twitter questions about him being GM, what a swerve it would be if he became GM?

SAL

Reaction score
There's a certain bald Yankees fan (who's already been mentioned in this thread) who might be willing to drop his 4 lawsuits in exchange for the GM role.

DashX

Reaction score
I would love to have Heyman be the GM of both Raw and Smackdown. He has the mic skills and he would make things interesting especially if he tries to screw over the all of the faces.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
There's a certain bald Yankees fan (who's already been mentioned in this thread) who might be willing to drop his 4 lawsuits in exchange for the GM role.
This would be the best possible option right here that I didn't really think about but is pretty possible and makes a lot of sense.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Heyman would be the ideal option, but I don't think it will be him for a number of reason firstly he doesn't have that history as being a WWE legend and I think that is something they would favour. Who ever gets the gig should be GM of both shows. The time has come to draw a line under the whole seprate brands deal.

The reason it won't be Ace is because that would make his firing recently just pointless to bring him back this soon.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
You know... a lot of people found the possibility of Vince McMahon being the Higher Power ridiculous in the 90's. You can't rule something like that out on the grounds of "wouldn't make sense". If WWE wants to go a particular route, they will force it to make sense.

That being said, Heyman would be a fun ride regardless. And I'm pretty sure WWE does consider him a WWE legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.