New General Manager on the 1000th RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
But ever since Austin/McMahons, WWE has jizzed their pants over ALWAYS doing a superstar vs. Authority figure.

Kahuna

Reaction score
But ever since Austin/McMahons, WWE has jizzed their pants over ALWAYS doing a superstar vs. Authority figure.

They try, but Austin vs McMahon came at such a perfect time frame and was literally unprecedented to the extent that they did it at the time. Everything now just seems like a rehashed version of it, even if its not entirely the same, WWE has had some great angles where its been an authority figure vs a superstar, but try as they might it will never be as good as Austin vs McMahon.

To me its sort of like FPS games, where there are so many out now but they are all the same in actual point and I compare the games now to the FPS games that launched the entire genre and were a staple of my childhood and think "Ok, its flashy, its up to date.. but there are so many carbon copies of it. Hell, in my honest opinion, going around knifing people or being covert in Iraq or Afghanistan is not as fun as trying to get out of Mars with my life."

GM thing should just be scrapped I think, unless they go back to the traditional way of the GM being stapled on air as the actual authority figure instead of a blatant gimmick authority figure that is only used for a certain purpose.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They try, but Austin vs McMahon came at such a perfect time frame and was literally unprecedented to the extent that they did it at the time. Everything now just seems like a rehashed version of it, even if its not entirely the same, WWE has had some great angles where its been an authority figure vs a superstar, but try as they might it will never be as good as Austin vs McMahon.

To me its sort of like FPS games, where there are so many out now but they are all the same in actual point and I compare the games now to the FPS games that launched the entire genre and were a staple of my childhood and think "Ok, its flashy, its up to date.. but there are so many carbon copies of it. Hell, in my honest opinion, going around knifing people or being covert in Iraq or Afghanistan is not as fun as trying to get out of Mars with my life."

GM thing should just be scrapped I think, unless they go back to the traditional way of the GM being stapled on air as the actual authority figure instead of a blatant gimmick authority figure that is only used for a certain purpose.

We need another Jack Tunney

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's why I don't mind Teddy as GM at all really, because he tends to just arrive on the scene, make the match (usually a tag :hm:) and then just leave. No matter how many times they have him appear throughout, you never really get the impression that he's the focus of the show like you got with Johnny and even the Laptop to some extent.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Teddy was never a bad GM really, just people got tired of him. He held the spot for like 10 years. He played the role well, but sometimes you just want a fresh new face. I don't think a GM should exceed more then 2-3 years really. 5 at the latest.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Pretty much agree the heel GM is now very annoying because they build the show around him or her and try too hard to recreate the Austin/Mcmahon aspect. So hope the new GM is a face however as someone said I fully expect it to be the "WWE Universe" running the show which will come off pretty lame.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
If the IWC didn't turn on shit so quickly, we wouldn't be in this problem. WWE will not be able to solve this easily. They keep trying stuff to make us happy and then we just turn on it in a few weeks. People complain that storylines are too short now... Well, it's our fault for wanting so much. Then after wanting longer storylines and more good matches, everyone hates it when there is too much wrestling nowadays which is again comes right back to us.

The GM will be probably be huge but what's the point? Too many people are going to hate whoever it is after a few weeks and complain and call it stale. I don't even think half the IWC even understand what the word stale means anyways.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I still think the new GM is going to turn out to be Johnny Ace again. Don't know what the explanation will be for it, but it just feels inevitable. He's also still being advertised for all the Raw and Smackdown shows coming to Canada, so he'll be involved with it to some capacity at least.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Think I'd take fans running the show idea over Johnny Ace being GM again.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
GM's aren't always necessary and most of the time WWE just sort of has one there to just be there. I really don't think WWE cares about it as much as the IWC does and I'm alright with that.

But its been a long time since we've had an effective GM character like Bischoff, Stephanie or Heyman and that's all I want this time, someone who is enjoyable on the mic (not in the incidental, cute puppy pissing in its own face quality John Laurinatis has). Normally I wait with baited breath but there've been way too many GM's over recent years that are just kinda ineffective overall, like Adamle, Vickie, Laurinaitis and Teddy.

And sure, the IWC throws bitchfits over this sort of thing when they shouldn't, but sometimes it feels like WWE are almost trolling us. Most of the time, the GM's are notably billed as "interim" or whatever, indicating WWE has some kind of plan going on. Then it leads to nowhere and its never addressed again. Sometimes I think the IWC has reason to feel disappointed. If WWE would quit being so nebulous about their General Manager angles and either let us forget about the concept or say "alright here's your GM for realsies, deal with it", there'd be a lot less confusion and complaining.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I miss the McMahon factor and think Raw does too. In its peak they had Shane, Stephanie, and Vince on regularly with Linda making regular yet sporadic appearances. Even if they are all past that point in their lives we should have a 3-5 person group controlling things as a system of checks and balances.

I mean Austinand Bischoof worked very well on Raw too

TKK

Reaction score
A face and heel general manager for the show could work well, I enjoyed Flair/McMahon and Austin/Bischoff. It may take up time, but Raw is going to three hours. I would only like to see this if it's two GMs that cam work a mic and can feed off each other in segments.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Think I'd take fans running the show idea over Johnny Ace being GM again.
Yeah but when you think about it, how obvious do you think it is?

WWE gets us all hyped and excited over who the NEW Raw GM will be, almost to the point where we'd be happy with ANYONE buy Johnny, then right as the suspense reaches it's climax, People Power just picks up where it left off and everyone is pissed. Makes too much sense.

Lewb

Reaction score
I would mark the fuck out if say the Undertaker was named the GM

I really wouldn't. It would kill his image. Take the show off PG and you may be onto something, but I really can't buy into Taker as GM sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.