New General Manager on the 1000th RAW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
NO: Teddy Long, Vicky, Johnny, Cole, and any boring character that can't cut a nice mic promo

Yes: Heyman and anybody that can cut a spectacular mic promo

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like that they are setting this up for the 1000th episode and that they are trying to do all they can to make it a special show. I don't really mind who it is just as long as they don't take up too much tv time like Johnny Ace's character did, have them appear to make big decisions and get involved in one or two small storylines and that is it. I would like to see Heyman and HHH take control of brand each but I doubt that will happen.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
NO: Teddy Long, Vicky, Johnny, Cole, and any boring character that can't cut a nice mic promo

Yes: Heyman and anybody that can cut a spectacular mic promo

That's all I really want, or at least we haven't had it for a long time: A general manager figure that I actually enjoy listening to.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Edge is an excellent shout as he has that recent history as a WWE star, was one of the most over guys in the company, is great on the mic and it will be a good way for WWE to use him without him wrestling, but I suspect that he might won't to stay away from wrestling and focus on other things right now. So I don't think it will be Edge.

Flair could be a good GM if kept in check, but I think there are too many complications there.

My prediction for the next GM is Shawn Michaels! Like Edge he only recently retired so will be fresh in fans memories, but except for the odd appearence has been out of the spotlight for a couple of years now. He is also a guy willing put younger guys over in segments. There are a number of fresh feuds/storylines also which would be open to Michaels, he can work well as a face or a heel too.

There has been too much choping and changing with GM's recently, don't get why Johnny Ace wasn't given longer?

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
I would love for kevin nash to be the gm some how but that will never happen Dx

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Actually, I just like this "Board of Directors" thing they have. GM's now just do whatever they say. Why not have them just be an off screen character? Not sure how they can pull it off, but its worth a try. It can't be any worse then a laptop GM.

The only GM I would completely Mark the Hell out for would be Shane McMahon. But that's too good to be true.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Actually, I just like this "Board of Directors" thing they have. GM's now just do whatever they say. Why not have them just be an off screen character? Not sure how they can pull it off, but its worth a try. It can't be any worse then a laptop GM.

I think I suggested this in this thread a few pages back myself, definitely an idea worth looking into since the GM thing does seem to have run its course. Saw Lance Storm also endorse this idea on Twitter a few times.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I don't mind Teddy Long. I liked him better in like 2004 when he pretty much debuted as GM of Smackdown. An older/retired wrestler would be awesome. Honestly, they know the business, they know what people like as they worked in the business for so long. I'm putting all my money on.... Tiffany! 8D

Mr. Krueger

Reaction score
Edge and HBK don't really suit in the GM role. If you see the people we like as GM- Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman, Teddy Long in early years..

I would rather have the anonymous GM back and turn that into a twisted storyline.

Shan O' Mac would be THE most amazing thing but never gonna happen.

What do you guys think of Steph? That could also be one hell of a draw and wouldn't be that farfetched!

AF.

Reaction score
Would like JBL more than anyone. His personality and gimmick is perfect for a GM role.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah I am sick of the Mcmahon's getting this kind of gig, that has been done to death and I don't think either Shane or Stephanie have ever been able to live up to their Dad. It is time to move.

I like the JBL idea as long as he is kept on a tight lease it could work.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Didn't JBL say he had a deal with WWE?

I'd love JBL to be the GM of RAW.

Lewb

Reaction score
It's Mike Adamle... I can smell it!

Haha nah, I can see them going with JBL. Imagine the fun they'd have with him and Del Rio.

Blujay

Reaction score
I don't think that JBL would be free from his seven summit journey would he? I'm not against JBL as he is definitely a charismatic personality that the WWE definitely needs. I know they've publicly said they don't want Ric Flair at this time but even if they did, do you think they would just come out and say it not only for legal reasons but also to spoil the surprise? I think I'd be okay with Steph taking the job. She hasn't been a consistent on air personality for HOW long now? Others I would think are likely maybe an HBK or a Foley. I have this burning in my mind that the board of the directors is going to reappoint Ace though...

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I don't think that JBL would be free from his seven summit journey would he? I'm not against JBL as he is definitely a charismatic personality that the WWE definitely needs. I know they've publicly said they don't want Ric Flair at this time but even if they did, do you think they would just come out and say it not only for legal reasons but also to spoil the surprise? I think I'd be okay with Steph taking the job. She hasn't been a consistent on air personality for HOW long now? Others I would think are likely maybe an HBK or a Foley. I have this burning in my mind that the board of the directors is going to reappoint Ace though...

And your point is? Who says she has to be? Fans are more interested in WWE legends who have been there and done it on major ppvs than they are a non-wrestler who just happens to have family ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.