• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Movies you've watched/bought recently

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Quick edit in trouble of my gf as my unwatched stack of films on DVD is now over 100 she thinks I have issues lol.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Just watched the movie "her" about a guy and his relationship with his Operating System. I have to say, I thought Joaquin Phoenix committed career suicide with the stunts he pulled a few years back. This is the first film I've seen him lead in since that time, and boy was I impressed with his acting. His acting is on par with his portrayal of Jonny Cash in Walk the Line.
Some of the dialogue in the movie is captivating

"Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel. And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new. Just lesser versions of what I've already felt."

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Don Jon - i was over hyped for it and was disappointed. Still not a bad flick to watch with a girl.
Insidious - i was trashed when i watched it the first time, and recovering the 2nd time, but i loved it. Not a great horror movie, but better than most of the dogshit from the last year/few.
Hobbit 2 - Dope. I said it after the first movie, IDGAF about how good the first two are, as long as they do proper build for the 3rd one.
Mud - Worth the watch, damn good movie.

Next up - American Hustle, The Wolf of Wall Street, Anchorman 2 (if it comes my way in quality) and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Ill watch bad grandpa but not doing to review, its a love it or hate it movie, and who cares what anyone else thinks about it...you know what it will be like.

You really have to appreciate award season. I'm gonna start doing LQ reviews on Rottentomatoes or another site and see if that gets anything but hate. :boss1:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Insidious - i was trashed when i watched it the first time, and recovering the 2nd time, but i loved it. Not a great horror movie, but better than most of the dogshit from the last year/few.

Damn, really dude? I honestly thought it was utter shit. Like, literally laughable. Didn't enjoy it haha.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Damn, really dude? I honestly thought it was utter shit. Like, literally laughable. Didn't enjoy it haha.
Yeah I wont be ever watching it again, but the only horror movie i've enjoyed lately was VHS2. I'm a shit horror fan dude, i mark for knowing whats going to happen 5 minutes into the flick.

Reactions: Swift

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You should hit me with some recommendations if that's cool. Ive got conjuring and insidious 1+2 to see, anything else good?

I really am shit at finding horror movies. I can find a grip of conspiracy/bbc/pbs business as well as good tv shows...but movies i just hit up rotten tomatoes, and even then i end up with at least 50% documentaries, since those are usually the only kind of movie that hits over 90%

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
You should hit me with some recommendations if that's cool. Ive got conjuring and insidious 1+2 to see, anything else good?

I really am shit at finding horror movies. I can find a grip of conspiracy/bbc/pbs business as well as good tv shows...but movies i just hit up rotten tomatoes, and even then i end up with at least 50% documentaries, since those are usually the only kind of movie that hits over 90%

Yeah, I honestly don't know many new horror films worth watching. But I did really enjoy, The Conjuring. I think you'd like it, pretty cool story and pretty creepy at times (if a little exaggerated lol).

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, I honestly don't know many new horror films worth watching. But I did really enjoy, The Conjuring. I think you'd like it, pretty cool story and pretty creepy at times (if a little exaggerated lol).
yeah i just finally got my projector and surround sound setup all fixed (it was a green tint that ruined anything i havent seen yet) and am planning on killing that after i watch American Hustle tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: Swift

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Fargo (for the 2nd time)
One of the best movies out there

Anyways, I just watched American Hustle, Out of the furnace, and The wolf of Wallstreet.

Christian Bale is in the first two I mentioned, and despite the lack of nominations, I think Out of the furnace was better.

The Wolf of Wall Street was good but really long. 3 hours+ long. Jonah Hill kills it, and Leo is Leo. The movie is extremely graphic, with tits, tits........... did I mention tits? Lots of drug usage, and they glorified a scum bag. Good movie, just didn't like the glorification of a piece of shit.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For anyone who saw the new paranormal activity movie,I give you permission to cry on my shoulders.