Jeff Hardy to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Knew it was a matter of time before Matt spoke on this.
Jeff could have it all though. Money, fame, and power in wwe.

He could join and literally be the guy to compete with Punk for second easily and that carries weight with the other 4 main attractions in Brock, Taker, HHH, and Rock being part time

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Yeah feeding the absolute lowest tier of "jobber" to Jeff isn't the best way to kick off his return. No ones cares about Drew and not many more give a damn about Matt. He'd be better suited taking down someone like ADR when he shows up. Squashing a guy that's already dry shit on everyone else's boots is not very exciting.

Okay that's just flat out wrong because not only can WWE make exponentially more money off Jeff than TNA ever could, but WWE doesn't have to dance around trademarks and gimmick infringements to showcase Jeff the way that made him famous in the first place. TNA does and thus he could never be as valuable to them as he is to WWE. How could TNA ever make quality Hardy DVDs (can't believe I just typed that) or show highlight reels from his career? They can't. Besides, TNA's popularity hasn't went anywhere since Jeff went back there, so I can't even fathom how you cake to that conclusion.

And Jeff left WWE when he was at the peak of his personal life struggles, not because fame wasn't important to him. If he honestly didn't give a shit about his popularity, why even go to TNA? Why not just stay home and smoke meth, sell drugs, and make terrible art? Clearly his wrestling fame was at least moderately important.

I came to that conclusion because he is by far one of TNA's biggest stars. WWE easily live without him. It's all about who's willing to pay more for him.

Sure, he'd be more profitable with WWE. That doesn't make him more important to WWE than he is to TNA. WWE have bigger draws and more merch shifters.

You're working off the premise that Jeff doesn't care about money. If he goes to WWE, TNA will surely try to hijack the deal by offering more money. That, in turn, drives up the cost to WWE. Thus, how profitable will he be to WWE? Sure, profitable, but he won't be the goldmine you make him out to be.

With my post, I think you mixed up importance to the company with sheer profitability.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
[qoute] Yeah feeding the absolute lowest tier of "jobber" to Jeff isn't the best way to kick off his return. No ones cares about Drew and not many more give a damn about Matt. He'd be better suited taking down someone like ADR when he shows up. Squashing a guy that's already dry shit on everyone else's boots is not very exciting. [/quote]

I meant the other way around. Use him to push the lower card guys. They could do that thing
where they say "Here he is! TNA's top guy! He can't even compete with WWE's talent!"
You know, the way they always do when they bring in a guy from another company.

Blujay

Reaction score
When I read that Jeff convinces people to dress in drag and dye their hair like homosexuals I stopped reading anything We Are Legion has to say in this thread. Putting colors into your hair doesn't make you have homoerotic tendencies.

Jeff is a massive draw... for the WWE. TNA just can't get the use out of him that they want and I would bet a lot of his younger fans don't even know what TNA is and think Jeff Hardy is still just sitting at home after his loss to Punk. In the end, it would be the best for Jeff and the WWE if he were to make a return. I imagine his career is winding down over the next 5-10 years and I'd personally like to see a few more memorable moments with Jeff as well as some good feuds he could provide. As long as everyone he feuds with doesn't attack his drug history. Leave that for a second feud with Punk which is something I'd really love to see.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
When I read that Jeff convinces people to dress in drag and dye their hair like homosexuals I stopped reading anything We Are Legion has to say in this thread. Putting colors into your hair doesn't make you have homoerotic tendencies.
Jeff is a massive draw... for the WWE. TNA just can't get the use out of him that they want and I would bet a lot of his younger fans don't even know what TNA is and think Jeff Hardy is still just sitting at home after his loss to Punk. In the end, it would be the best for Jeff and the WWE if he were to make a return. I imagine his career is winding down over the next 5-10 years and I'd personally like to see a few more memorable moments with Jeff as well as some good feuds he could provide. As long as everyone he feuds with doesn't attack his drug history. Leave that for a second feud with Punk which is something I'd really love to see.

Sure made me lol tho.

Equating individualism to homosexuality is like equating people not paying taxes as someone being indian.

Anyways, Jeff Hardy with the WWE machine behind him is a big draw for fans, but I don't think he is worth the risk.

Undertaker

Reaction score
Sexuality has nothing to do with this thread at all so it's unclear why it was brought up. Just because someone dresses in a particular way does not define them or their sexuality nor does it define their fan base. I really hope that opinions like the one which was presented in this thread earlier by a particular member do not become the norm. Seriously, people need to have more respect for diversity and understand what equality is.

TKK

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Jeff in WWE because quite frankly, I don't want to see him on my TV at all. With that being said, he would do a lot better in WWE (and be much more tolerable to those who don't enjoy him - like me) than he is in TNA. He seems so out of place in TNA, it's just not right. Same story with Anderson.

Punk/Hardy II would certainly be interesting, I can say that much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I was trying to make the point that Jeff is being maligned while those guys are remembered fondly despite their years of drug abuse too.

Before someone makes the point that none of them showed up to a PPV main event trashed, read Kurt Angle and Bret Hart's stories on Eddie and Bulldog respectively.

I don't see why the guys personal life should affect what you think of him as a wrestler. Is Heath Ledger a terrible actor now because he was a drug addict?

My point is that it is a big risk for WWE to take since he was busted twice whilst with WWE, was convicted for drug trafficking and turned up to a TNA PPV off his face. That is a lot of risk for WWE to take on when any moment he could switch back to his old habits. Those guys are examples that wrestlers shouldn't turn to that crap because in the end it will kill you. It doesn't matter too much if he is remembered fondly WWE only care about whether or not he will remain clean if they hire him.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
With that kind of mentality I have no clue what brings you to a wrestling forum. If you want to believe everything you read is meant to be taken completely seriously, I suggest you find a new hobby.