Jeff Hardy to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
There are a lot of rumblings within TNA that Jeff Hardy is looking to return to WWE when his current contract expires in early 2013.

The feeling is that Hardy wants to return to WWE for one more big run and make a bunch of money because he lost a lot with the legal troubles he has had over the past few years.

We noted before that TNA had Hardy win the Bound For Glory Series because they want to keep him happy. TNA really wants Hardy to stay as he is their biggest merchandise seller. The feeling is that TNA may put the World Heavyweight Title on Hardy to try and persuade him to re-sign.

I am a Jeff Hardy fan and really loved him in WWE, I believe he's proven enough to be back in WWE.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
One more of the many, many reasons why this failure shouldn't have beaten Bully Ray.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't know if WWE would want to touch him. It is difficult because he walks right back in there with two strikes over his head so any little indiscretion and he is gone. If WWE think that they can make money from him then they will probably try it. If they do go for it then they should give him an incentive based contract rather than a massive downside guarantee, that way their is less for them to lose.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
They'll make money off of him, no doubt about it. I'm just worried he might go back to the drugs from the more demanding schedule of WWE. I'm a huge fan of his so I would love to see one more WWE run from him.

Aniking

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE sign him in the future, if this report is true. Hardy was over big time when he left so they'll look to exploit that on his return and make some cash. Those strikes won't be going anywhere though, meaning one slip up and he's gone. Could be a risk the WWE wouldn't bother taking in that case.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that WWE would do a better job of babysitting him to ensure that he doesn't fall back onto the drugs if he comes back. They would probably assign him a wrestler to babysit him and to travel with him everywhere. Mabye they would give him a lighter schedule as well because they know his history.

Killz

Reaction score
I'd definitely take the chance of him and I'd personally welcome him back. He'll be quickly as over as anyone else in WWE and whilst there are guys like Austin Aries, AJ Styles and to a degree Bully Ray this past iMPACT, I really do think he'd benefit from working with some of fresher WWE blood. I can imagine ready-made feuds with the likes of Rhodes and Daniel Bryan and the matches could be seriously good. A return feud against CM Punk would likely make for some tremendous matches as well.

As for the deal? I'd echo Troy's sentiments and ensure you have a safety net for him, an appearances based contract and give him plenty of emotional support and decent road partners if you're going to bring him back. He has been clean for a while and if they plan his contract right, given his past strikes, a punt on Jeff Hardy won't actually be that much of a risk.

I've always thought with Hardy, and Mr. Anderson up to the point he fell off the face of the earth, that the ball was always in WWE's court and it was a matter of when, not if, they were brought back. Now it's up to TNA as to how far they really want to mega-push Hardy and how much they're willing to invest to keep him. WWE would probably play hardball with a character like Hardy and keep him OFF TV till he sorted out his desires but TNA will probably end up throwing the title on him. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

Reaction score
I'm all about second chances, and I know the WWE is too. Jeff's a father now, and I hope that has instilled the responsibility in him to stay off that hard shit he was doing. I won't begrudge the man a drink or a smoke, but the pills and all that shit need to be gone for good.

If pain is the issue, he needs to talk to DDP and get on that DDPYoga. Excuse the pun, but he could achieve some new heights in his career with the right work ethic.

He did have a few matches in TNA that really shut me up when I thought he was washed up. He did a time limit draw with Kurt Angle a year ago or so that was absolutely incredible.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
No thanks. Stay in TNA Jeff.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it personally, Jeff gets a lot of hate but let's be honest the guy did rehab well and sort himself out... He's not Matt Hardy, and his run during WWE was very succesful whether people like it or not. He was also a good worker and I wouldn't mind it at all...

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
He shouldn't even be getting his current push in TNA let alone another shot in the WWE.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
No huge surprise here, I'd guess everyone in TNA wants to get to WWE, bar Sting.

I'd like to see it, WWE know how to make someone look a star. In TNA he just doesn't have that same 'big name' aura, seems like just another guy in the crowd to me.

Reaction score
Sting is just a moron for not going to WWE. He thinks they'll fuck him up somehow. Fuck him up worse than this silly ass Joker make-up bullshit he does now? I used to love Sting. I can't even watch him at all now.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Everyone makes a big deal about his two strikes but look at Randy Orton. He has two and it looks like he's heading back to the main event. The WWE is a fan of making money and there is money to be made with Hardy, either one IMO.