Jeff Hardy to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
If you guys think Jeff is a strung out junkie who has no place in wrestling, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Eddie Guerrero, British Bulldog and Brian Pillman too.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
But even with all that praise, you can't excuse him showing up to a PPV main event in no condition to compete due to drugs.

But you also can't use it against him for the rest of his career just to say he doesn't deserve it. Like it was stated in the thread earlier, his PPV thing wasn't Benoit bad. He was obviously going through a rough time, was addicted to some hard shit. It's hard to get out of that. In my opinion, his last couple PPV matches have made up for that PPV. His work with Kurt Angle was great to me. And I have been loving his work ever since he came back from all the court bullshit. Seriously, if that's all you have against him getting more success, then the same could have been said for Scott Hall and all the stupid shit he did.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But you also can't use it against him for the rest of his career just to say he doesn't deserve it. Like it was stated in the thread earlier, his PPV thing wasn't Benoit bad. He was obviously going through a rough time, was addicted to some hard shit. It's hard to get out of that. In my opinion, his last couple PPV matches have made up for that PPV. His work with Kurt Angle was great to me. And I have been loving his work ever since he came back from all the court bullshit. Seriously, if that's all you have against him getting more success, then the same could have been said for Scott Hall and all the stupid shit he did.

*All the stupid shit he still does

Drugs are the reason, Hall was never a top talent, and same reason why Jeff shouldn't be, but he's still getting all these chances. If you're really that set on it, I'll go into my thoughts on him as a performer. His ring work this year has been pretty good, better than the last couple, not anything to complain about for sure. His character is as boring as ever though, and his mic skills are the worst they've ever been. I'm so tired of him starting every promo with "WHAT'S UP CREATURES!?" His character has no direction, or dynamic, and there are many more people in the wrestling business that would benefit from the shots Jeff has gotten, and do better with them than him.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
But even with all that praise, you can't excuse him showing up to a PPV main event in no condition to compete due to drugs.

And no other pro wrestler or a person for that matter has made a mistake through their working lives? It's not like he's got back into drugs or shit since re habbing and I'm pretty certain he's proved his worth.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
But there's still a good chance he'll fall back into them, he's done it before.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
*All the stupid shit he still does

Drugs are the reason, Hall was never a top talent, and same reason why Jeff shouldn't be, but he's still getting all these chances. If you're really that set on it, I'll go into my thoughts on him as a performer. His ring work this year has been pretty good, better than the last couple, not anything to complain about for sure. His character is as boring as ever though, and his mic skills are the worst they've ever been. I'm so tired of him starting every promo with "WHAT'S UP CREATURES!?" His character has no direction, or dynamic, and there are many more people in the wrestling business that would benefit from the shots Jeff has gotten, and do better with them than him.

The fan certainly enjoy his character. I am loving his face paint stuff. Trips me the fuck out. I don't think his mic work is that bad. Not every character needs to have a purpose you know. A guy can just walk out there and do his thing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He's proven that he's really not capable of handling himself in a championship type position so if you bring him back bring back matt and put them in tag where they actually have a chance to help your company and Jeff doesn't have the chance to cripple your most important belt

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The fan certainly enjoy his character. I am loving his face paint stuff. Trips me the fuck out. I don't think his mic work is that bad. Not every character needs to have a purpose you know. A guy can just walk out there and do his thing.

This is the same crowd that cheers Garett Bischoff though. And no, not every character needs to have a purpose, but your main eventers sure as hell do.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
This is the same crowd that cheers Garett Bischoff though. And no, not every character needs to have a purpose, but your main eventers sure as hell do.

He seems to be doing a bang up job with getting the crowd behind him. They love him, why fix something when it doesn't seem to be broke?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He seems to be doing a bang up job with getting the crowd behind him. They love him, why fix something when it doesn't seem to be broke?

Did you ignore what I said, or do you just not watch Impact? That crowd literally cheers for any face there, no matter who it is and boos any heel there. Brooke Hogan gets cheers and positive chants every time she comes out.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Did you ignore what I said, or do you just not watch Impact? That crowd literally cheers for any face there, no matter who it is and boos any heel there. Brooke Hogan gets cheers and positive chants every time she comes out.

Why is it that because I have a different outlook than you do, I always ignore you? And no, I rarely get to watch any wrestling cause I'm out enjoying life and not devoting myself to wrestling 24/7.

Hardy has a huge fan base like it or not. The fans are thoroughly behind him. He's loved there. And wasn't Bully at some point cheered even though he's a heel?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Why is it that because I have a different outlook than you do, I always ignore you? And no, I rarely get to watch any wrestling cause I'm out enjoying life and not devoting myself to wrestling 24/7.

Hardy has a huge fan base like it or not. The fans are thoroughly behind him. He's loved there. And wasn't Bully at some point cheered even though he's a heel?

:lmao I said you were ignoring me because you don't seem to get that if you're a face, you will be cheered in the impact zone no matter what, not because you're a creature of the night.

And there were a couple "Lets go Bully" chants at No Surrender, but mostly a lot of "You suck" or "Lets go Storm/Hardy" depending on who he was against.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Regardless, I think he's cleaned up his act. It's been stated that he has just become a father. I'd hope he'd be smart enough to stay away from that stuff for his child.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
I'm not going to go all out one way or the other on Jeff's drug abuse. I think he's clean, for how long who knows,
but at least he's not botching and no showing events anymore.

Do I think it's a good move for the WWE? Probably, he's a good merch salesman.
Do I think it's good for TNA? Hell no. That's one of their best draws going bye-bye.
Do I think it's good for Hardy? Probably not. The last generation's talent are being used to push the new guys
so even if he goes back, he won't get far.

AF.

Reaction score
If he fucks up WWE gets rid of him? WWE and Jeff are in a win win situation here. Jeff is hugely popular. I was a fan of his 2008-2009 stuff his work was great and then he just upped and left.

I'd like to see him back.