Jeff Hardy to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If you guys think Jeff is a strung out junkie who has no place in wrestling, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on Eddie Guerrero, British Bulldog and Brian Pillman too.

None of them wrestle anymore, should Jeff follow their lead?

The issue is Jeff Hardy has had many serious issues with drugs and even after his child was born he was still getting himself into trouble. He has had many, many, many chances from multiple companies and so he is a huge risk. I think that is what most people are saying, WWE would be taking a massive risk on Hardy given his track record and given the fact he showed up to a PPV off his face. BUT if WWE think they can make money off him I think they will take the risk if they are desperate enough for stars.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman

The issue is Jeff Hardy has had many serious issues with drugs and even after his child was born he was still getting himself into trouble. He has had many, many, many chances from multiple companies and so he is a huge risk. I think that is what most people are saying, WWE would be taking a massive risk on Hardy given his track record and given the fact he showed up to a PPV off his face. BUT if WWE think they can make money off him I think they will take the risk if they are desperate enough for stars.

And that's the thing. WWE has more main event caliber stars than they know what to do with at the moment.
Especially with 4 guys taking half of every card. Unless they open up another C show, I don't see why they need
Hardy. TNA needs him more, so they'll fight a lot harder to keep him than WWE will to obtain him.

AF.

Reaction score
Jeff Hardy was fine in his last run with WWE. He at least waited until he left the company to indulge in cocaine snorting.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
About Eddie, Pilman, & Bulldog, they dont wrestle anymore because they DIED!, most likely due to their drug use, even years after cleaning up the long term effects can still kill.

About Cheering & Booing in the Impact Zone, they have a goddamned APPLAUSE sign in the arena, the fans are force fed who to cheer & who to boo. If anything I would say Bully Ray is over, as he is getting cheered even though you know the signs are telling the fans to boo.

About the topic, In the current incarnation of the WWE I see no real spot for him. Bourne, Rollins, Kidd, Gabriel, Cara, or Kingston could all take over the spot he once had, would cost WWE a fraction, and be a more long term investment. Keep the focus on the new, dont bring back more old.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

I was trying to make the point that Jeff is being maligned while those guys are remembered fondly despite their years of drug abuse too.

Before someone makes the point that none of them showed up to a PPV main event trashed, read Kurt Angle and Bret Hart's stories on Eddie and Bulldog respectively.

I don't see why the guys personal life should affect what you think of him as a wrestler. Is Heath Ledger a terrible actor now because he was a drug addict?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I was trying to make the point that Jeff is being maligned while those guys are remembered fondly despite their years of drug abuse too.

Before someone makes the point that none of them showed up to a PPV main event trashed, read Kurt Angle and Bret Hart's stories on Eddie and Bulldog respectively.

I don't see why the guys personal life should affect what you think of him as a wrestler. Is Heath Ledger a terrible actor now because he was a drug addict?

Why do people get fired over something posted on facebook? Why is that actress from Twilight getting in so much crap for sleeping with the director of Snow White? Because the myth of having a personal & professional life is just that, a myth.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jeff Hardy is a shit worker tho? Spot junkies are not good workers.

Anyways, I don't think WWE would offer another deal to a guy who burned them twice. How much money could he earn them nowadays, not like he proved himself to be the giant draw he was suposed to be, TNA ratings are lower than ever during his run there.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Jeff Hardy is a shit worker tho? Spot junkies are not good workers.

Anyways, I don't think WWE would offer another deal to a guy who burned them twice. How much money could he earn them nowadays, not like he proved himself to be the giant draw he was suposed to be, TNA ratings are lower than ever during his run there.

Somebody went to the Val Venis school of pro wrestling. LOL.

Blanket statements like "spot junkies are not good workers," are just that; blanket statements. Sure, Jeff's not a
great worker, but spot junkies would also include Shawn Michaels, John Morrison, Brian Kendrick, the list goes on.
In closing, it is possible to be a spot junkie AND a good worker. Jeff just does one better than the other.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
As much as I dislike the guy, I would be hard-pressed to say this wouldn't be good for WWE. One thing I can't take away from the blueberry is his marketability that is second only to Cena. He sells the shit out of anything with his name on it. He makes kids want to dress in drag and dye their hair like homosexuals, so you really have to give it up for him on that regard. It's a very weird intangible he's always had.

However, if he's only coming back to WWE for a run with the world title, I think WWE should think long and hard about that. For one, throwing Jeff Hardy into the mix means someone that's getting babyface face time now is going to get left behind. Let's just stop pretending it could possibly be Cena right now because that isn't going to fucking happen. So I look at Sheamus and I picture him with clown paint all over his face and "GOT" written across his pasty chest. When you think about it, that really would make the most sense considering the WHC is more low-brow than the WWE Championship and they wouldn't be crippled as bad if Hardy fucks up again and gets himself fired in the middle of a lucrative title reign. Which brings me to my next point... his dependability. That's really what WWE should consider the most before signing Jeff if he'll be under the impression he will win the championship at some point. But if WWE doesn't feel good about it and just wants to sign him and bank off his drawing factor without actually putting a major title around his waist, I suppose I'm fine with that. Even though I really don't like the douchebag at all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Knew it was a matter of time before Matt spoke on this.

- Matt Hardy was asked about the rumor of Jeff Hardy looking to return to WWE because he might want to make more money that he lost over the past few years with his legal troubles. Matt replied on Twitter:

“Jeff doesn’t need or care about money.â€￾

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm inclined to believe that actually. Just seems to me that Jeff wants the spotlight more than the money, not saying he doesn't want the money of course, but that may not be his main reason for wanting to go back to WWE.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Maybe an angle with Drew McIntire would be good. Hardy's draw factor would be a good push for him, and it
was Drew who retired Matt from the WWE, so maybe they could play on that? That's really the only use I can
see for him story wise. It might even be an interesting watch.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Of course Jeff cares about money, everybody cares about money. Sure, it may not be necessarily be as important to him as it is to others, but if TNA offer him enough money, of course he's going to stay with them. TNA would probably be willing to throw a lot of money at him to keep him. He's more valuable to TNA than he would be to WWE, so they're always going to outbid them. WWE may be a bigger company, but one of the reasons WWE is so profitable is because they don't get ripped off with their talent.

People talk about the extra attention, but he left WWE after his title feud with CM Punk to join TNA, so how important could the attention be to him?

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He went to TNA for the lighter schedule since he was burnt out at the time and of course TNA's drug testing is a joke compared to WWE so that was probably part of it.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Maybe an angle with Drew McIntire would be good. Hardy's draw factor would be a good push for him, and it
was Drew who retired Matt from the WWE, so maybe they could play on that? That's really the only use I can
see for him story wise. It might even be an interesting watch.
Yeah feeding the absolute lowest tier of "jobber" to Jeff isn't the best way to kick off his return. No ones cares about Drew and not many more give a damn about Matt. He'd be better suited taking down someone like ADR when he shows up. Squashing a guy that's already dry shit on everyone else's boots is not very exciting.
Of course Jeff cares about money, everybody cares about money. Sure, it may not be necessarily as important to him as it is to others, but if TNA offer him enough money, of course he's going to stay with them. TNA would probably be willing to throw a lot of money at him to keep him. He's more valuable to TNA than he would be to WWE, so they're always going to outbid them. WWE may be a bigger company, but one of the reasons WWE is so profitable is because they don't get ripped off with their talent.

People talk about the extra attention, but he left WWE after his title feud with CM Punk to join TNA, so how important could the attention be to him?
Okay that's just flat out wrong because not only can WWE make exponentially more money off Jeff than TNA ever could, but WWE doesn't have to dance around trademarks and gimmick infringements to showcase Jeff the way that made him famous in the first place. TNA does and thus he could never be as valuable to them as he is to WWE. How could TNA ever make quality Hardy DVDs (can't believe I just typed that) or show highlight reels from his career? They can't. Besides, TNA's popularity hasn't went anywhere since Jeff went back there, so I can't even fathom how you came to that conclusion.

And Jeff left WWE when he was at the peak of his personal life struggles, not because fame wasn't important to him. If he honestly didn't give a shit about his popularity, why even go to TNA? Why not just stay home and smoke meth, sell drugs, and make terrible art? Clearly his wrestling fame was at least moderately important.