How often do you watch WWE shows?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How much WWE do you watch?

• Total voters

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
It's a totally different world now compared to the 90s. I would pick attitude era/ruthless aggression era over everything. Everytime. But it's a more edgy product that just wouldn't be acceptable to a lot of the companies that invest in wwe. Sadly that's all the world is anymore. The sponsors drive the product. Impact or ROH would probably be the next closest competition within the US and even they're way off the mark for popularity. Maybe if they could garner more fans and produce an edgy, attitude era type program...then wwe might be forced to change again. But they're blocking ROH from doing the garden which is kind of bull. It's hard for them to gain traction with wwe money blocking their path.

Storylines are key to a successful show to me. You can have the most amazing choreographed fight in the world... but when you do that every match it gets old. And when you have hardly any storylines on top of that it gets bland. The writing sucks. The matches suck. They all look 100% choreographed. Which sure, they always have been, but you go back and watch an episode of raw from 98..99... and tell me those matches don't look way more legit. They almost over-plan and over-practice their matches now to a point that it looks phony as hell.

I'm also drifted far away again from when I came back to wwe in 2015. It was rough getting back into it for a few weeks but I got through it and I actually started liking it. But then after wm33 I started to decline a bit (having a child did help this out a bit as I had less time to watch) but even then when I would record and watch it just started to go downhill. Now I can barely stomach any raw. Haven't seen smackdown in a while. I prefer that show but the way life is I only get time for a few mins here and there.. haven't seen a ppv in months with the exclusion of WM34. Probably won't see another one til the rumble. Might catch a few mins of the odd show here n there... but until they get something worth while to watch I'll probably stay a casual again.

Since getting back into mma, I'd much rather watch people legitimately get beat up and knocked out rather than pretend. And that's only 2 or 3 hours once a month... way easier to follow lol

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Eh, I guess I really don't care for storylines and never really have, but that is just me.
WWE probably isn't for you then

A match without a good story can't be great in my opinion. Even if it's a simple story it's fine.

Reactions: Gman003

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
WWE probably isn't for you then

A match without a good story can't be great in my opinion. Even if it's a simple story it's fine.
Eh, I believe the match itself should tell a great story like Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper at WM8 for the Intercontical Championship it told a great story in the ring and you could easily understand what was going gone. To be honest, I only watch WWE because it has wrestlers I followed in Japan and the Indies, but sadly they are being pissed away, but that is a different story, and I was raised on WWE so it has a soft spot in me, you know. Also, to be clear I don't mind a story too much if it is done well and translate well in the ring such as The Golden Lovers story, Gargano and Ciampa, Omega vs Okada, Eddie Edwards vs Sami Callahan, and some others that I can't think of right now.

Kind of a different thing from our conversation, but I don't want a double post, but maybe I am just old and don't care for all the blood, not saying blood is a bad thing, or all the edgy shit that everyone thinks is\was cool and even attitude stuff that WWE did back in the day, like I did once before because looking back it was kind of pointless and they only did it to well be seen as cool, edgy, amd whatever else you want say. As far as WWE, I think have gotten better in the last 10 or so years then before. Wrestling as a whole has greatly improved because now you have all kinds of different styles being shown like Strong Style, Technical, which has made a comeback, Catch and Submission, which has made a comeback, Lucha Libre, and much more. Maybe I need to be like Greivous and quit caring and ranting.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Eh, I believe the match itself should tell a great story like Bret Hart vs Roddy Piper at WM8 for the Intercontical Championship it told a great story in the ring and you could easily understand what was going gone. To be honest, I only watch WWE because it has wrestlers I followed in Japan and the Indies, but sadly they are being pissed away, but that is a different story, and I was raised on WWE so it has a soft spot in me, you know. Also, to be clear I don't mind a story too much if it is done well and translate well in the ring such as The Golden Lovers story, Gargano and Ciampa, Omega vs Okada, Eddie Edwards vs Sami Callahan, and some others that I can't think of right now.

Kind of a different thing from our conversation, but I don't want a double post, but maybe I am just old and don't care for all the blood, not saying blood is a bad thing, or all the edgy shit that everyone thinks is\was cool and even attitude stuff that WWE did back in the day, like I did once before because looking back it was kind of pointless and they only did it to well be seen as cool, edgy, amd whatever else you want say. As far as WWE, I think have gotten better in the last 10 or so years then before. Wrestling as a whole has greatly improved because now you have all kinds of different styles being shown like Strong Style, Technical, which has made a comeback, Catch and Submission, which has made a comeback, Lucha Libre, and much more. Maybe I need to be like Greivous and quit caring and ranting.
Piper and Hart had a storyline though...thats what made it good.

They used blood to make it seem real.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Piper and Hart had a storyline though...thats what made it good.

They used blood to make it seem real.
Eh, the in ring story told it better, imo.

I know, they used blood to make it real, but there is a difference between bleeding normal and the bleeding like a slaughtered pig, you know.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
That is the story. What goes on in the matches is the story.
I know that, but I consider the in ring story and out ring story, all the talking and whatever, separate things to some extent mainly because the match usually always tell a better story. I mean if you were to take out all the promos and stuff very few rivialeries would hold up. Gargano and Ciampa didn't do promos or anything of the sort, and only had matches you could easily tell the face and heel, what happened between the two, and everything else. I dunno maybe I am just weird or something because I honestly couldn't care less for all the "drama" that leads to matches and such because I find it most of the rime useless and pointless, but that is just me.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I know that, but I consider the in ring story and out ring story, all the talking and whatever, separate things to some extent mainly because the match usually always tell a better story. I mean if you were to take out all the promos and stuff very few rivialeries would hold up. Gargano and Ciampa didn't do promos or anything of the sort, and only had matches you could easily tell the face and heel, what happened between the two, and everything else. I dunno maybe I am just weird or something because I honestly couldn't care less for all the "drama" that leads to matches and such because I find it most of the rime useless and pointless, but that is just me.
That is weird considering your a wrestling fan. Why don't you just watch a real sport then?

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
That is weird considering your a wrestling fan. Why don't you just watch a real sport then?
Because real sports bore the ever loving hell out me, to be blunt, like boxing, mms, etc. Professional Wrestling has one thing no other sport has and that is characters, so to say, and that is why I like it to some extent. I mean you have Tiger Mask, who was one of the biggest heel in America in kayfabe, who went back to Japan amd once a child told him he wanted to be Gillian like him, he turned face ame became loved, Triple H a white collared spoiled child who got whatever he wanted and when he didn't he cheated and defended himself like he had to cheat and he needed the belt or whatever, Stone Cold a beer drinking fuck the authority redneck from Texas, and so many more. I guess I should also say the only time I do enjoy a story in wrestling is when it makes sense or is done right, but that is hardly done nowadays and with kayfabe being dead I don't think stories should be a thing wrestling no more to some extent. Examples of recent stories I enjoyed are Triple H and Daniel Bryan, Gargano and Ciampa, The Golden Lovers, Eddie Edwards and Sami Callahan, and The Kingdom Conspiracy just to name few, but these stories also bad great in ring stories as well.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I watched WWE RAW and Smackdown back in the hayday. I rarely missed an episode and when I did, I had to study or work on a uni assignment. I started in 1997 and went straight on to 2004. I lost interest along the way, owing to the fact that a lot of people had gotten fired and the oldies were starting to take up too much air time. I do hope to go back some time soon, though, now that there's more talent and no one is overexposed as far as I can tell.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
I try to watch raw and smackdown every week, and I always watch the ppvs. The only reason I wouldn’t watch raw or smackdown live is because they start at 1am here, and I’d be stuck until 4 watching raw, I sometimes watch NXT and 205 live, just depending on whether I’m in the mood or not.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
TBH at this point I am more interested in their documentaries and such than the actual wrestling.

And they have some mighty fine documentaries to their name

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
In recent memory it just follows a pattern; trash; trashy; ok; good; great; awesome; accurate; milk and cheese; ice cream; molded ice cream; frozen; trashy; ok; good; great; awesome; repeat; it's the way WWE is sometimes they're dairy; and sometimes they are Merry; they just have this unsettled routine that follows them forever since the wars ended they can't do anything perfect all the time when they have no reason to be perfect all the time;

Reactions: Redboy123@

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
In recent memory it just follows a pattern; trash; trashy; ok; good; great; awesome; accurate; milk and cheese; ice cream; molded ice cream; frozen; trashy; ok; good; great; awesome; repeat; it's the way WWE is sometimes they're dairy; and sometimes they are Merry; they just have this unsettled routine that follows them forever since the wars ended they can't do anything perfect all the time when they have no reason to be perfect all the time;

More like

...most times they're dairy but every once in a blue moon they're merry

Kristen

Jobber
Reaction score
My hubby and I watch Raw, Smackdown Live (in the summer we have to TiVo SD due to summer shows) and the PPV'S. We sometimes will watch some network shows but it depends on it if it's interesting.