How often do you watch WWE shows?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

How much WWE do you watch?

• Total voters

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
What NXT is all about.

Just watch NXT Takeover: New Orleans. Dew it.

Okay. I like surprises. I'll check out this ppv.

I just had a look at NXT's wiki entry. Neat. They have their own roster and championship belts. It looks interesting. I always knew sunny Florida would play a role in WWE some day. NXT New Orleans, here I come.

0ctobre

Jobber
Reaction score
What's NXT all about? I've heard the name referred to, but it's very new to me. Is it some kind of territorial development arm of WWE or something?
I believe it's the show where the newbies gain experience and those who stand out can eventually graduate to one of the 2 big shows... but I'll let someone with more knowledge confirm that.

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
I believe it's the show where the newbies gain experience and those who stand out can eventually graduate to one of the 2 big shows... but I'll let someone with more knowledge confirm that.

Well, I recently learned that AJ started in NXT before jumping to Raw. I hope William Regal is doing well over there. He always found a way to make himself heard and felt in WWE.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD

Honestly, it isn't "newbies" and I am not the biggest fan of you using that term.

There are newer stars who have made waves like Lars Sullivan, and the Velveteen Dream, but none of them is by any means "newbies." Velveteen Dream, aka Patrick Clark, did wrestle elsewhere before being signed after being on "Tough Enough." I mean, there are also former athletes who are newer to wrestling, but even then, they often work the NXT Live Event scene and work in the performance centre to work on their in-ring ability and character for some time before they even appear on NXT TV, to the point where they aren't even "newbies" anymore. They still will likely need to develop more.

Yet in the same breath, there are quite a few wrestlers, a large amount of them, who are well versed in the independent scene and around the world. Johnny Gargano is a former Dragongate Champion, Adam Cole (BAYBAY) is a three-time Ring of Honor Champion, Aleister Black wrestled all over Europe and the US even as "Tommy End" before going to WWE. Then we have EC3, who is a former TNA World Champion after leaving WWE originally, with him finally returning this year. Eric Young, who was in NXT and is debuting on the main roster, is a nearly 20-year veteran of Wrestling and is 38. Bobby Roode, another former NXT Champion, is 41!

NXT is meant to be WWE's "developmental territory" but due to the outstanding quality of the roster and the shows themselves, it is almost like WWE's third brand unofficially as their weekly TV is typically pretty good, and the Takeover events, which are their "PPVs" often overshadow the main roster shows of the same weekend.

Well, I recently learned that AJ started in NXT before jumping to Raw. I hope William Regal is doing well over there. He always found a way to make himself heard and felt in WWE.

If you're referring to AJ Styles, then he skipped NXT and went to the main roster. If you're referring to AJ Lee, the former female superstar, then she debuted on the old NXT where it was treated like a competition show like Tough Enough. That was hot garbage. The NXT the way they have it now is honestly very good.

Last edited:

Paul Diaz-Berrio

The Artiste
Reaction score
Honestly, it isn't "newbies" and I am not the biggest fan of you using that term.

There are newer stars who have made waves like Lars Sullivan, and the Velveteen Dream, but none of them is by any means "newbies." Velveteen Dream, aka Patrick Clark, did wrestle elsewhere before being signed after being on "Tough Enough." I mean, there are also former athletes who are newer to wrestling, but even then, they often work the NXT Live Event scene and work in the performance centre to work on their in-ring ability and character for some time before they even appear on NXT TV, to the point where they aren't even "newbies" anymore. They still will likely need to develop more.

Yet in the same breath, there are quite a few wrestlers, a large amount of them, who are well versed in the independent scene and around the world. Johnny Gargano is a former Dragongate Champion, Adam Cole (BAYBAY) is a three-time Ring of Honor Champion, Aleister Black wrestled all over Europe and the US even as "Tommy End" before going to WWE. Then we have EC3, who is a former TNA World Champion after leaving WWE originally, with him finally returning this year. Eric Young, who was in NXT and is debuting on the main roster, is a nearly 20-year veteran of Wrestling and is 38. Bobby Roode, another former NXT Champion, is 41!

NXT is meant to be WWE's "developmental territory" but due to the outstanding quality of the roster and the shows themselves, it is almost like WWE's third brand unofficially as their weekly TV is typically pretty good, and the Takeover events, which are their "PPVs" often overshadow the main roster shows of the same weekend.

If you're referring to AJ Styles, then he skipped NXT and went to the main roster. If you're referring to AJ Lee, the former female superstar, then she debuted on the old NXT where it was treated like a competition show like Tough Enough. That was hot garbage. The NXT the way they have it now is honestly very good.

I was referring to AJ Lee. Isn't it funny how different wrestlers sometimes end up adopting similar names?

• Haha
Reactions: EWP

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
I was referring to AJ Lee. Isn't it funny how different wrestlers sometimes end up adopting similar names?
It is just a mere coincidence, if anything really because both AJ Lee and AJ Styles took the AJ part from their real name. The AJ part of AJ Lee is April Jeanette and AJ Styles is Allen Jones

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
I try to watch all the weekly shows on Hulu, except 205 and Main Event (even though it keeps auto playing ME). And I have the network so I eventually watch the PPVs. Maybe not when they air, but eventually. And I'm not always paying 100% attention either. Background noise basically.

My son however.....Most kids get up and watch cartoons on Saturday. He turns on the WWE network and browses away. He was obsessed with Punjabi Prison matches at one point. Because Jinder and Randy had that one recently and he saw it.

Reactions: Snowman1

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Last time I watched a Complete show was like 6-7 mths ago. Hv not watch much since. Maybe an occasional show here and there I'll watch. (If I can)

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
It's like this; open a cookbook and see the ingredients; the amount of ingredients i need for every Raw and SD is quite convoluted so because of the recipe i don't want to watch'. Most of the time if i watch it's because they have me somewhat interested, the other times i choose not to watch there isn't anything they cook that i want to eat, or see on a baking commercial. Roman Reigns is the worst cookbook ingredient ever.

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
. Roman Reigns is the worst cookbook ingredient ever.
Sorry, Styles. Gotta disagree with that statement. He's got good charisma. He's a Good Character. Its Vince that has ppl hating him because of his bookings. They just need to change it up a bit. Idk, Give him some new moves or maybe even a New Outfit. (Pls, If anyone disagree's With this, Explain why u disagreed)